With one week left in the regular season:

MVP = Lamar Jackson, pretty much wrapped up
OPOY = Christian McCaffrey
DPOY = Micah Parsons, Dallas on national tv every week
Comeback Player = Damar Hamlin, easiest choice
Coach = Dan Campbell
ORookie = CJ Stroud
DRookie - Jalen Carter, toughest pick. could be Will Anderson

Browns will finish second in DPOY, coach, and Comeback player. Voters still have it against the Browns for the whole Watson episode. I hope I'm wrong and that Garrett and Stefanski will win.

With one week left in the regular season:

MVP = Lamar Jackson, pretty much wrapped up
OPOY = Christian McCaffrey
DPOY = Micah Parsons, Dallas on national tv every week
Comeback Player = Damar Hamlin, easiest choice
Coach = Dan Campbell
ORookie = CJ Stroud
DRookie - Jalen Carter, toughest pick. could be Will Anderson

Browns will finish second in DPOY, coach, and Comeback player. Voters still have it against the Browns for the whole Watson episode. I hope I'm wrong and that Garrett and Stefanski will win.
Campbell just lost coach of the year. After the penalty cut your losses and kick the PAT.

Hamlin comeback player? He's done nothing but take up a roster spot.

Lamar will choke in the playoffs again.

Campbell just lost coach of the year. After the penalty cut your losses and kick the PAT.

Detroit got screwed!

Hamlin is a lock. Just the fact that he is still alive and playing will assure that.

The awards do not include playoff performance; just the regular season, so it doesn't matter what Lamar does in the playoffs.

What are your choices?

Hamlin is a lock. Just the fact that he is still alive and playing will assure that.

The awards do not include playoff performance; just the regular season, so it doesn't matter what Lamar does in the playoffs.

What are your choices?
Flacco is clearly the comeback player. He's not merely taking up a roster spot, he's playing at a historic level for a playoff team.

MVP. Lamar. He has passed up Purdy and Tyreke
OPOY. McCaffrey
DPOY. Daron Bland
Comeback POY. Baker
Coach. If Houston has a winning record (8-7 now) its Demico Ryan
Offense Rookie. CJ is the favorite. But Puca Nacua has a great shot if CJ stumbles
Defensive Rookie- No clue

Before the season, and even most of the way through it, Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin was considered a lock for the Comeback Player of the Year award.

Hamlin has been a landslide betting favorite to win Comeback Player of the Year for months now, and while he is still the favorite, a new challengeby the story is quickly closing in.

Cleveland Browns quarterback Joe Flacco has only played four games with his new club, but he's already become one of the league's best stories this season.

I still think Hamlin wins, as he would be the "feelgood story" of the year, and voters would be swayed by the dramatic effect.

I'm glad Hamlin was able to come back and play, but simply being on the field for 5 games with next to no impact really is a reach for comeback player of the year. Obviously Joe Flacco would be a better choice now and I'm sure there are several other players who missed last season due to injury who've started and made significant contributions.
Lamar locked up the MVP today.

Listened to McAfee and Aaron Rodgers. They were talking about the Lions-Cowboys game and the NFL having refs fixing games and that there was conspiracy based on the Super Bowl logo colors. Looked at the picture today....

1704255272154.png

MVP = Lamar Jackson without any doubt.
OPOY = Christian McCaffrey, though Tyreek Hill had a chance for awhile.
DPOY = Myles Garrett
Comeback Player = Damar Hamlin, though it should be Joe Flacco. I think the NFL has had it planned out that Hamlin was winning no matter what. Hamlin certainly deserves the award but if it was a true comeback player award it would be Flacco. Agree with others, it's the feel good story award this year. Baker is an interesting pick here but there's no shot.
Coach = Tough one. Dan Campbell most likely. If Houston gets in DeMeco Ryans needs to be in the discussion as well. Though the Lions are really good, we kind of expected it after their finish last year. I think that hurts Campbells chances. Stefanski with an outside chance.
ORookie = CJ Stroud, Puka had a great year but Stroud turned a team around.
DRookie - Jalen Carter, nobody really comes close except for Anderson.

ESPN decided months ago that Demico Ryans was COY. I think it is Myles year for DPOY. Hamlin for Comeback POY. From dead to 5 plays will be seen as greater than couch to impactful QB.

Stroud gets OROY and Anderson DROY to give the Texans a sweep. Quite impressive when you consider their future draft capital from fleecing the Browns.

ESPN decided months ago that Demico Ryans was COY. I think it is Myles year for DPOY. Hamlin for Comeback POY. From dead to 5 plays will be seen as greater than couch to impactful QB.

Stroud gets OROY and Anderson DROY to give the Texans a sweep. Quite impressive when you consider their future draft capital from fleecing the Browns.
Any thought of Flacco for comeback player of the year?

As for Flacco: I hope you're right. I just hope he gets through the Bengals game ununscathed.
He won't be playing.

As for awards:
MVP - Lamar
OPY - CMC
DPY - Garrett, best player on best D
Comeback - Hamlin
COY - Campbell or Ryan's, either will be deserving
OROY - Stroud
DROY - Carter

With the NFL regular season now completed, here would be a my award winners:

MVP = Bal qb Lamar Jackson - I haven’t been a big fan of his but Jackson proved & earned his worth this year.

OPOY = SF rb Christian McCaffrey. 2nd Mia wr Tyreek Hill

DPOY = Pit OLB T.J. Watt - NFL Sack leader, Watt means more to the Steeler defense than any other player means to their teams D in the NFL. 2nd Cle DE Miles Garrett, #’s (sacks) fell off towards the last 5 games of the season.

Comeback Player = Cleveland qb Joe Flacco - Unprecedented what Flacco has accomplished. 2nd Buf S Damar Hamlin - Absolutely great story & a great person but you have to play more than 111 snaps. At some point it has to be about the football.

Coach = Hou DeMeco Ryans. 2nd Cle Kevin Stefanski, 3rd Det Dan Campbell

ORookie = Hou qb CJ Stroud. 2nd LAR wr Puka Nacua

DRookie - Hou DE Will Anderson

Pro Football Focus:

With the NFL regular season over and the NFL playoffs upon us, like most outlets, PFT has started giving out its end-of-season awards.

On Thursday, they announced their in-house award for this year’s NFL Coach of the Year: Cleveland Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski

Schwartz has been selected by PFT as their NFL Assistant Coach of the Year.