Playoffs??

JediMaster

Is it correct that the Comets only need to win one of their remaining two games to make the playoffs? Or do they need a win and some help from someone else?

Is it correct that the Comets only need to win one of their remaining two games to make the playoffs? Or do they need a win and some help from someone else?
Win one and they're a lock.

But it's going to take an extraordinary effort to beat Middletown and the Sycamore game is more or less a toss-up.

You had to figure the "poor timing" bug had to go away at some point.... Not to take away from the athleticism of individual players, but the conference as a whole is not as great as it has been in recent years... What I mean by this is that besides a few exceptions (Jalin Marshall of Middletown), I can't really see too many athletes in the league defining their teams as in the past... Dominating athletes such as Spencer Ware, Jordan Hicks, Bud Golden, and others, they're just not around to bully the other teams in the conference this year and that is why I believe the teams appear to be so evenly matched this year (excluding fairfield........) Each team has good athletes on their teams but imho, they aren't that comparable to the athletes of the past... Hopefully the younger players can start to generate some noise, and hopefully for us, those players are on our team.. Not to be selfish, but I believe it is Mason's turn for the next GMC dominating athlete, someone that can perform for not just one, but for four years on the varsity level..

Who out there in Yappi land thought we would be discussing playoffs 18 games into the Castner Era?
Yea, really. I knew I liked the hire but the "buy-in" factor by the players and community is a pleasant surprise. When he first got hired I thought he could do it but only if he was given time. But after last season I think our expectations got raised a little bit. Like you (I think it was you :D )said when they hired Coach Castner...the man can coach and he is a winner.

The Comets have now clinched a winning GMC record in both of BC's first two seasons. :cool:

Yeah, Mason could have had Castner back in 2007 instead of Sedmak. Mason's AD wasn't smart enough to hire Castner back then.
Now someone needs to wake up the AD and get a Baseball coach that can rally the troops the way Castner has. Coaching is so much more than just knowing the game. It's getting the most out of your players and creating team chemistry that matters the most IMO.

Hope to see the Comets in the playoffs for sure but it's not going to be easy.

Go Comets!

Yep, week 10 is an elimination game for the Comets. It's difficult not to be impressed with the way Sycamore responded to the Middletown loss and they do have 8 wins. I've been looking forward to this one for a while since I haven't been able to make a game since Fairfield! I imagine Mason is too after the way last season ended. Should be a dogfight and a great atmosphere.

Being a former player, there's nothing like defending your home turf on perhaps the last game on Dwire field, let alone possibly being the last game you'll ever play... I believe the Comets will stop at nothing for a playoff spot, and seeing that Sycamore is already in, I believe Mason will have a much bigger appetite for the Win than sycamore... And the implications of a Mason win? At least 4 GMC teams representing region IV, and if Princeton can continue this wow-ing performance of a season (I believe they were projected to win maybe 3 games?) and somehow beats Middletown friday night? When was the last time 5 teams from the same conference went to the playoffs?