PAC 7 who wins it in 2023/2024

CVCA loses all 3 of their First Team All-PAC-7 honorees, Darryn Peterson (31.6ppg), Jonathan Fridline (7ppg), and Jackson Shelby (8ppg). They return junior Niles Nuru (Honorable Mention, 4.2ppg). They had a good freshman team last year, so they'll have some talent coming up.

Triway finished 2nd last year at 11-3, but we have a big loss in Zack Miller (1st Team, 18.5ppg). However, we return senior Drew Bishko (1st Team, 12.9ppg) and sophomore Brayden Holt (Honorable Mention, 12.7ppg), while adding senior Luke Snowbarger (6'5") and will have some talented newcomers.

Manchester finished 3rd last year (8-6). They lose Daniel Sensius (1st Team, 13.5ppg) and Jacob Haney (Honorable Mention, 4ppg), but return senior Michael Veppert (1st Team, 10.1ppg).

Canton South also finished 3rd (8-6). It appears they return their 3 best players from a year ago: senior Tavon Castle (1st Team, 14.5ppg), senior Poochie Snyder (1st Team, 12ppg), and senior Will Sadler (Honorable Mention, 8.2ppg).

Northwest finished 5th at 7-7 but appears to be returning their top 2 players: junior Chase Badger (1st Team, 12.2ppg) and senior Ian Ziegler (Honorable Mention, 11.5ppg).

Fairless finished 6th at 4-10. They have a big loss in Brody Pumneo (1st Team, 20ppg) but return senior Carson Colucci (Honorable Mention, 8ppg).

Orrville finished 7th at 3-11. They return one of the most exciting players in the league, sophomore Kodah Allen (1st Team, 28.4ppg), as well as senior Greg Smiley (Honorable Mention, 4.5ppg). They had a good freshman team last year, so they'll have some talent coming up. I think their league record will improve greatly this year.

Tuslaw finished 8th at 1-13. They lose their top 2 players in Troy Harbeitner (1st Team, 12.3ppg) and Max McMerrell (Honorable Mention, 11ppg).

Last edited:
Orrville will be much the same if not worse. One player who will now see everyones best defender and probably a lot of box-n-one. Until we get rid of this coach, this program is going nowhere but on the same path as its been....right down the tubes

Orrville will be much the same if not worse. One player who will now see everyones best defender and probably a lot of box-n-one. Until we get rid of this coach, this program is going nowhere but on the same path as its been....right down the tubes
I am hearing that Orrville might have some eligibility issues at the top of their roster. That could make their situation much worse. I think Orrville will be greatly improved provided they have a full roster at their disposal.

I am hearing that Orrville might have some eligibility issues at the top of their roster. That could make their situation much worse. I think Orrville will be greatly improved provided they have a full roster at their disposal.
They will NOT have a full roster from what I am hearing (that comes from someone walking the halls). More than a handful of kids who have played basketball since they were youngsters are not playing this year and the rumor of ineligibility is true (from the same source).
As I mentioned earlier...much the same but probably worse and very hard to watch. But the administration likes who we have leading this team I guess.

Wellp, basketball season is officially underway as of a few days ago. I hope everyone in the PAC-7 can stay healthy this coming season.

They will NOT have a full roster from what I am hearing (that comes from someone walking the halls). More than a handful of kids who have played basketball since they were youngsters are not playing this year and the rumor of ineligibility is true (from the same source).
As I mentioned earlier...much the same but probably worse and very hard to watch. But the administration likes who we have leading this team I guess.
I have heard some very troubling things coming from the parents of kids on the team. This seems to be a case of a coach and program that just do not mesh. Not sure what the answers are going forward. I do not see Orrville being relevant in basketball anytime soon.

South walks away with this league...easily! They have two new players that were very good at St Thomas. Instant starters with big time potential to add to the three returning all league performers.

South walks away with this league...easily! They have two new players that were very good at St Thomas. Instant starters with big time potential to add to the three returning all league performers.
I can't believe that St Thomas and Canton Cent.Cath.haven't consolidated by now

"That were very good at St Thomas Aquinas". Would advise you to look at who they played twice a year and in non conference there, and compare that to their schedule now at South. Will see a much higher level of scouting and coaching in the PAC.

Would advise you to also realize they are getting a top 10 Stark County talent coming in. Scouting and coaching wont even that out. Jimmys and Joes. The other guy went to McKinley so now South will have to find their last starter to mold with Jk, Poochie, Castle and Sadler. I also think Conley is a top level coach in that conference as well - he also does a great job scouting too.
"That were very good at St Thomas Aquinas". Would advise you to look at who they played twice a year and in non conference there, and compare that to their schedule now at South. Will see a much higher level of scouting and coaching in the PAC.

I have heard some very troubling things coming from the parents of kids on the team. This seems to be a case of a coach and program that just do not mesh. Not sure what the answers are going forward. I do not see Orrville being relevant in basketball anytime soon.
You and I both know what the answer is. This administration just does not have the balls to do it and because of that, the program will cOntinue to go down the tubes. Makes me SAD to see this….

they won't be plenty of talent but can't succeed. Kodah Allen is officially the Emoni Bates of the PAC

A somewhat random guess and I'll recheck when it's over:
1. Canton South
2. Triway
3. CVCA
4. Northwest
5. Manchester
6. Fairless
7. Orrville
8. Tuslaw

It'll be a tough test for CS to start the season. They had to move back some of their games and start with Tuslaw on 12/8. Then right into Triway and CVCA the following week. Wonder if the team can gel by then.

If the league is anything like I saw last year CVCA will walk away with another championship. Even without the Peterson kid. The league is weak and CVCA is too athletic for the rest of them.

If the league is anything like I saw last year CVCA will walk away with another championship. Even without the Peterson kid. The league is weak and CVCA is too athletic for the rest of them.
Over the years, their coach has a losing record without a 5 star recruit on his roster so that should shake things up this year.

Over the years, their coach has a losing record without a 5 star recruit on his roster so that should shake things up this year.
With decisive wins against Fairless and Canton South, an upset win over Brush and a win last night over University School. it looks like that isn’t going to be a factor. CVCA wins it going away. They may go undefeated in the league

Last edited: