Open Coaching positions

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the tournament starting this weekend and seasons coming to an end you will begin to see resignations. Post them as you hear them.

I believe there are 3 in the MAC.

Parkway. Revolving door.
Minster. Coach Lee had been there for a l o n g time and retired.
Versailles. Been there for quite awhile and retired.

Minster and Versailles would be attractive jobs. Versailles has the younger Ahrens kid (brother at MSU) who tore it up last year returning for I think at least 2 more years.

The coach at Clinton Massie should have never been a head coach to begin with. The administration, community, players, and parents had seen enough. There is plenty of talent on that team to win and it is young enough to have some success over the next few years.

Coach Schulte surprisingly resigned last week. I just wanted to say he did a great job at a school without much basketball success. It's hard to please Norwood parents and community. They have unreasonable expectations sometimes and act like they're school has won several state championships when I cant tell you the last time they won a playoff game.

That being said, I hope the new coach can improve on a couple things. The most important one is find a way to score points. This team was lucky to score in the 50s during the past few years and made games very hard to watch.

Tough job but could be a good one.

Coach Schulte surprisingly resigned last week. I just wanted to say he did a great job at a school without much basketball success. It's hard to please Norwood parents and community. They have unreasonable expectations sometimes and act like they're school has won several state championships when I cant tell you the last time they won a playoff game.

That being said, I hope the new coach can improve on a couple things. The most important one is find a way to score points. This team was lucky to score in the 50s during the past few years and made games very hard to watch.

Tough job but could be a good one.

i agree with your statements on Coach Schulte. He was a very solid coach in my opinion.

However I disagree that this can be a good Job. Norwood schools are average at best and they are losing talent yearly to anyone and everyone. Good move to get in the MVC, but as a D2 School with D4 talent, its going to be tough for the next coach. Best of luck Norwood!

I believe there are 3 in the MAC.

Parkway. Revolving door.
Minster. Coach Lee had been there for a l o n g time and retired.
Versailles. Been there for quite awhile and retired.

Minster and Versailles would be attractive jobs. Versailles has the younger Ahrens kid (brother at MSU) who tore it up last year returning for I think at least 2 more years.

Minster's spot has been filled.

Princeton

So it looks like 4 of the 10 GMC schools will have new Head Coach's for the 2016-17 season:

Princeton--Coach only there two years
Fairfield--appointed Asst coach already to take over for AD who did it one year
Middletown--coach only there two years
Colerain--2nd one and done coach

Hamilton, West, East--have major graduation issues and not much JV help

Very likely the stability of Price at OH and Richards at Mason will pit those two teams battling for the top spot next year!!

So it looks like 4 of the 10 GMC schools will have new Head Coach's for the 2016-17 season:

Princeton--Coach only there two years
Fairfield--appointed Asst coach already to take over for AD who did it one year
Middletown--coach only there two years
Colerain--2nd one and done coach

Hamilton, West, East--have major graduation issues and not much JV help

Very likely the stability of Price at OH and Richards at Mason will pit those two teams battling for the top spot next year!!

When did the Middletown job open?

Status
Not open for further replies.