Madeira vs Cincinnati Country Day

Walsh Jesuit vs Strongsville
Seton vs Olentangy Liberty

Rocky River vs Bay Village Bay
Millersburg West Holmes vs Summit Country Day

Akron Manchester vs Ottawa-Glandorf
Madeira vs Cincinnati Country Day

Im going with:
Strongsville 1-0 --Strongsville is to good defensively and Walsh leaks some goals.
Seton 3-1 - This game really wont be that close. Not a great matchup v OL.

Rocky RIver - 3-0 Just on a whole different level.
Summit - 5-0. Also on a whole different level.

Ottawa-Glandorf 3-2
Cincinnati Country Day - 2-0.

How often does it happen that two teams a mile-ish down the road from each other end up playing each other in a state semi-final?
I don't think it ever happens. This year for D3 OHSAA had the bracket so a Cincinnati area team could go "out of region", which is what CCD did. In previous years and in the other divisions you typically have to go through the gauntlet of your region. I think this is a great idea. Too many times a state semi is a blowout because we don't reseed the teams. Look at division 2. There are SW Ohio teams (Waynesville) that are out of the tournament that could be playing tomorrow night if it was set up like D3. I used SW Ohio as the example because that's the area I know, but I'm sure there are teams in Cleveland, Columbus, etc that feel the same way.

In regards to predictions I will be very bias... Go Seton! Go SCD! Go Madeira OR CCD!

Having been at the Seton/MND game Saturday and a couple other Seton matches this year I don't see them losing and Columbus teams have been nothing too interesting lately. Seton losing would be quite an upset to me. They wave attack better than anyone I've seen outside of Summit. They are susceptible on defense if you break the line. But they will for sure be at state. WJ played to a draw with Strongsville, and previously played Medina tough. I think that's a toss up.

D2 the Rocky River vs. Bay should be a great game but Rocky put a serious hurting on them in season, after Bay Village fought D1 and #1 at the time Medina to a tough loss. So Either Rocky is that good or Bay Village just had a really bad day. Summit will coast to state, and the pending matchup between them and Rocky or Bay Village is enticing. Interesting fact Rocky is the largest D2 school there is and size wise Summit would be a very small D3 but they get hit for CB.

CCDS Zimm twins are too much for anyone in D3 and while the Amazons have been on a roll lately the size and speed of CCD I think will be too much. D3 will be CCDS and OG again. And probably for the foreseeable future.

There are lots of private schools around and the fact that CCDS and Summit who are both very small female enrolment have put together the programs they have year after year is crazy impressive.

Having been at the Seton/MND game Saturday and a couple other Seton matches this year I don't see them losing and Columbus teams have been nothing too interesting lately. Seton losing would be quite an upset to me. They wave attack better than anyone I've seen outside of Summit. They are susceptible on defense if you break the line. But they will for sure be at state.
I understand these are simply predictions, but I think y'all aren't giving enough credit to Olentangy Liberty. Last year's Olentangy Orange team was fantastic and gave Seton everything they wanted and more. It took a miraculous goal from 30+ yards away in overtime to win it.

Last edited:
D2 the Rocky River vs. Bay should be a great game but Rocky put a serious hurting on them in season, after Bay Village fought D1 and #1 at the time Medina to a tough loss. So Either Rocky is that good or Bay Village just had a really bad day. Summit will coast to state, and the pending matchup between them and Rocky or Bay Village is enticing. Interesting fact Rocky is the largest D2 school there is and size wise Summit would be a very small D3 but they get hit for CB.
Rocky River is exceptionally good this year. Bay is pretty good, but mostly carried by one player, whereas Rocky River is deep throughout their roster.

As a Madeira guy thru and thru I will be going to the game tonight. Saw the regular season meeting with CCD so I will be curious about adjustments…I have to say 16$ for a ticket is ridiculous. Is the OHSAA having their board meetings in Palm Beach? 🤣