Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Ohio State +3

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Ohio State +7

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Ohio State +14 or more

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters

OSU needs to stop TTUN's running game. OSU has the better skill players, but the line has to block for that skill to be effective. No unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, get the ball to Harrison. OSU needs to stop TTUN's running game. When the Bucks win act with class don't pull a Mayfield.

OSU needs to stop TTUN's running game. OSU has the better skill players, but the line has to block for that skill to be effective. No unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, get the ball to Harrison. OSU needs to stop TTUN's running game. When the Bucks win act with class don't pull a Mayfield.
I think it will be really big that all our skill players are going to be on the field on O

Michigan IMO opinion has shown who they truly are these past two weeks after Staliongate. 1st they break their long streak of scoring at least 30 points against Penn St. Then they struggled against a team that lost 4 out of their last 5 games. A team that the Buckeyes beat by 20. JJ McCarthy did NOT look good at all today. And Ill take a healthy Henderson over Corum any day of the week. Amazing how OSU running woes decrease when Treyveon is fully healthy and making defenders miss.
No Harbaugh, no advanced knowledge, no 3 game winning streak for the Wolverines

Hope I am wrong, but Michigan +3

My reasoning rests solely on State's offensive line, though improving, is still not where it should be. Should be a battle

I’ll go with:

Michigan 27
Ohio State 23

I think yesterday’s Michigan game was a little bit of fool’s gold for Ohio State fans, but we’ll see.

Well it is finally that time of the year!! This looks to be a real showdown and there is a lot of intrigue and things going on around this historic rivalry.

Honestly this could end in a run away blowout for both teams or a OT thriller. So many variables in this game.

for me it comes down to this…..

Buckeyes need to prove the last 2 years we’re L’s because of cheating and send TTUN a message and TTUN needs to send Ohio State the message that it’s cause “we’re” that good and advanced scouting had nothing to do with it.

I don’t buy the stronger schedule comparisons at all simply because it’s irrelevant in my eyes.

Ohio State somehow in a close one. Just don’t think the OSU QB really that good. Be a Great week for him to prove me wrong!!

Hope I am wrong, but Michigan +3

My reasoning rests solely on State's offensive line, though improving, is still not where it should be. Should be a battle
Michigan's O-line hasn't been near as good as last years. With OSU D-line being better than last years, hopefully the advantage will be OSU"s.

Michigan's O-line hasn't been near as good as last years. With OSU D-line being better than last years, hopefully the advantage will be OSU"s.
Probably. Last year Michigan's offense averaged about 160 more yards per game. I know they played a really crappy schedule this year, I don't think it was even crappier last year.

Probably. Last year Michigan's offense averaged about 160 more yards per game. I know they played a really crappy schedule this year, I don't think it was even crappier last year.
Michigan fans have been running with this narrative that the starters are frequently pulled midway through the 3rd quarter but the play by play and per quarter stats say they routinely play well into the 4th quarter. So it’s not like they can use that as an excuse for the significant statistical decrease this year.

I think the QB play of both teams will be the deciding factor. McCarthy, more often than not has been in situations where he can make the plays to win the game. McCord is not a bad QB, but I think that he is more comfortable managing a game plan that involves assuring the playmakers get the ball (Marv & Cade). The one thing McCord does is that he is unafraid to dump it to the check down, and as long as he does that and it moves the drive its good.

The "X-Factor" you could say, is the running game. Obviously Michigan's strength is to turn around & give Corum/Edwards the ball, but Henderson is capable of the explosive plays that can be comparable to a pass play. Its cliche to say the game is won in the trenches, but this one will definitely be.

Defensively, it would be easy to give the edge to Michigan. They dial up some exotic blitzes to take advantage of their speed, but I think it is possible to sustain a run game against them. State's defense is built to bend, but not break, despite what Knowles says. When its time to make a stand on short yardage, or 4th & Goal, I'm taking State's defense.

As for special teams, I'm taking Michigan. UM Kicker, a Senior replacing Moody, is 53-54, long of 50. Ohio State kicker is a Sophomore 46-47, long of 47.

If I had to rank teams: (eye test)
Michigan Rush Offense: A
Ohio State Rush Offense: B
Michigan Pass Offense: B+
Ohio State Pass Offense: A
Michigan Defense: A
Ohio State Defense: A-
Michigan Specials: A-
Ohio State Specials: B+

Score Prediction:
Michigan: 23
Ohio State: 21