Ohio State Football 2024

Except I haven’t jumped ship. I’m just not going to openly support a coach who sucks and cannot win big games.
So if John Cooper were coach today, you wouldn't be an Ohio State fan.

1714853377484.png

"An Ohio State podcast with an avid active Michigan element." Mike's exact comment. I prefer podcasts that have an avid active Ohio State element.
So you agree you misheard. Having a Michigan “element” is not the same as a full on Michigan podcast.

A real OSU fan supports OSU and doesn't hope for the head coach to fail. But you do you.
A real OSU fan sees something isn’t working and wants change for the better. All you want is the same process that doesn’t work almost like you don’t care if the team wins. Terrible fan….

Wrong. A real fan roots for their team, but isn't blinded to the fact that the coach is a failure. Cooper was a failure and so is Day.
Wrong again. I real fan roots for his team and doesn't take joy in any of their short comings. They support the coach who is there at the time and hope they have success while they are coaching. I never wish for OSU to lose so I can make a derogatory statements on a message board.

Wrong again. I real fan roots for his team and doesn't take joy in any of their short comings. They support the coach who is there at the time and hope they have success while they are coaching. I never wish for OSU to lose so I can make a derogatory statements on a message board.
No one is taking joy. How can you, as an Ohio State fan, accept being embarrassed in big games? Seeing no development for reserves? In year five still seeing a defense that can't get fourth quarter stops? Seeing a very weak and subpar offensive line? That is not taking joy, that is showing concern for the team I have rooted for for 50 years

No one is taking joy. How can you, as an Ohio State fan, accept being embarrassed in big games? Seeing no development for reserves? In year five still seeing a defense that can't get fourth quarter stops? Seeing a very weak and subpar offensive line? That is not taking joy, that is showing concern for the team I have rooted for for 50 years
Go root for someone else for the rest of your life

As a true OSU fan Day gets a pass the last three years in my book.

I have more respect for the non-Ohio State fans
I have more respect for success. You respect and make excuses for failure. But, your little hero literally has one game this year, Oregon. Let's see if he can manage to rub the table with 1 tough opponent, two mediocre opponents and the rest being pathetic.

The Definition of Wal-Mart Wolverine​

Submitted by COSTA on MAY 5, 2024 at 3:55 AM

In my first public posting, I chose a diary in order to avoid a public execution on the message board. I've lurked on this blog for years and yet I still have a burning question that can only be answered by the likes of this board. When I was young and growing up in southwest Ohio, I was surrounded by sameness. Red shirts promoting the block "O" clouded my peripheral vision wherever I went. It still does. Yet, occasionally, those ever-so-sweet maize and blue colors would pop up in the hallways at school. I liked that. Even before I understood what football, or any other sport for that matter, meant to the general population. So, in an effort to distinguish myself from the crowd, I unknowingly picked up the most proverbial, unholy of things to break from the school of fish swimming in one linear direction of fandom. I picked up my first hat with the honorary block "M". It was the first of many. Winged helmet shirts and the "Suckeye" comments shortly ensued. It wasn't some stroke of generic, story-like love that led me to dream of being on campus in Ann Arbor. It was a love that built over time. I enjoyed the arguments at school about who'd win The Game. About who had better players, colors, and stadiums. I enjoyed watching every game I could. Win or lose, my increasing love for the team became unwavering and eventually spread to my passion playing the game myself. I could waste more of your time explaining my fondest memories while witnessing countless telivised games. But eventually it was those memories that built a foundation I could justify my passion on. My dream was to play football or even basketball for the Wolverines. High school came and went, proving I was too small and un-athletic to do so. So I dreamed of the next best thing: Life in the student section. Studying in the acadimic prowess that is the University. However, a troubled childhood and otherwise poor circumstances made my second best dream a very improbable one to come true. I'm not usually prone to excuses but a big dose of life has stymied my attempt to fulfill my passion. And yet, my empty passion still holds true. I love the University of Michigan. It's an almost strange obsession, having never gone to school there. I have no alumni in my family. In fact, no one in my family has ever furthered their education. I am another factory working descendent in the long list of blue color Americans with the same last name. If you're still reading, you now know a little about me. Though I still wish to attend school in my favorite city in the world, right now is not exactly realistic. I'm not sure it ever will be. So my question is: Is "my kind" heavily looked down upon by the alumni? Am I the infamous "Wal-Mart Wolverine"? I must admit, I expect I know what the answer is. But it is a question worth asking. Whatever the reaction I get from this will not deter my fandom. Nothing ever will. I never felt I was worthy of posting on this blog because of these questions of mine (hence the lurking for a few years). But I am truly intrigued by the responses I may or may not get. Thank you for taking the time to read my first diary post. This long entry may not be written well either, but , no post-high school education may do that to you.

GO BLUE COSTA
Walking By The Cemetary
A little boy and his mother were walking through a Michigan cemetery when they came upon a headstone that read:

"Here lies a Michigan graduate and a good man."The little boy asked his mother, "Mommy, why did they bury two people in there?"1714953549883.png

I have more respect for success. You respect and make excuses for failure. But, your little hero literally has one game this year, Oregon. Let's see if he can manage to rub the table with 1 tough opponent, two mediocre opponents and the rest being pathetic.
You just sound like a spoiled little bitch

The Definition of Wal-Mart Wolverine​

Submitted by COSTA on MAY 5, 2024 at 3:55 AM

In my first public posting, I chose a diary in order to avoid a public execution on the message board. I've lurked on this blog for years and yet I still have a burning question that can only be answered by the likes of this board. When I was young and growing up in southwest Ohio, I was surrounded by sameness. Red shirts promoting the block "O" clouded my peripheral vision wherever I went. It still does. Yet, occasionally, those ever-so-sweet maize and blue colors would pop up in the hallways at school. I liked that. Even before I understood what football, or any other sport for that matter, meant to the general population. So, in an effort to distinguish myself from the crowd, I unknowingly picked up the most proverbial, unholy of things to break from the school of fish swimming in one linear direction of fandom. I picked up my first hat with the honorary block "M". It was the first of many. Winged helmet shirts and the "Suckeye" comments shortly ensued. It wasn't some stroke of generic, story-like love that led me to dream of being on campus in Ann Arbor. It was a love that built over time. I enjoyed the arguments at school about who'd win The Game. About who had better players, colors, and stadiums. I enjoyed watching every game I could. Win or lose, my increasing love for the team became unwavering and eventually spread to my passion playing the game myself. I could waste more of your time explaining my fondest memories while witnessing countless telivised games. But eventually it was those memories that built a foundation I could justify my passion on. My dream was to play football or even basketball for the Wolverines. High school came and went, proving I was too small and un-athletic to do so. So I dreamed of the next best thing: Life in the student section. Studying in the acadimic prowess that is the University. However, a troubled childhood and otherwise poor circumstances made my second best dream a very improbable one to come true. I'm not usually prone to excuses but a big dose of life has stymied my attempt to fulfill my passion. And yet, my empty passion still holds true. I love the University of Michigan. It's an almost strange obsession, having never gone to school there. I have no alumni in my family. In fact, no one in my family has ever furthered their education. I am another factory working descendent in the long list of blue color Americans with the same last name. If you're still reading, you now know a little about me. Though I still wish to attend school in my favorite city in the world, right now is not exactly realistic. I'm not sure it ever will be. So my question is: Is "my kind" heavily looked down upon by the alumni? Am I the infamous "Wal-Mart Wolverine"? I must admit, I expect I know what the answer is. But it is a question worth asking. Whatever the reaction I get from this will not deter my fandom. Nothing ever will. I never felt I was worthy of posting on this blog because of these questions of mine (hence the lurking for a few years). But I am truly intrigued by the responses I may or may not get. Thank you for taking the time to read my first diary post. This long entry may not be written well either, but , no post-high school education may do that to you.

GO BLUE COSTA
Walking By The Cemetary
A little boy and his mother were walking through a Michigan cemetery when they came upon a headstone that read:

"Here lies a Michigan graduate and a good man."The little boy asked his mother, "Mommy, why did they bury two people in there?"View attachment 58286
Costa is a bigger OSU fan than you'll ever be. Do you make excuses for your life failures as you do for Day’s failures?