Oak Hills Football 2015

Didn't OHYA establish that all teams have to play every kid? I believe the head coach had to submit some kind of rotation plan to the board. Now for the The Little Highlanders. I am not positive how they are doing it now over there. Did Delhi fold?

not sure about ohya, but little highlanders don't play all the kids. know that for a fact!

i think delhi still plays? could be wrong on that though!

jtk
()

Jtk, have to disagree with you on that. It's a numbers thing. Look at the difference in SW wrestling and NE wrestling. Twice as many people in NE Ohio. Hence, they have better wrestling. Why? It's simple... averages. If you have 100 kids, you'll have 10 studs. 1,000 kids, you'll have 100 studs. Of course, you did hit on something. The culture has to be there. From top to bottom, a fb culture coupled with support between youth and high school programs.

I think that comparing football to wrestling is a bit of a reach. At the end of the day, wrestling is an individual sport, so finding 10 kids out of 100 that have a certain drive to be the absolute best they can be as individuals is much easier than finding 22 kids out of 100 that have the drive to be the best they can be for their TEAM. Apples and Oranges!

Oh, and attempting 62 passes in a High School Football game and only 15 rushing attempts is a little crazy. May want to mix in a run or two.

unless they totally change philosophy for week 10...........then, they are going to pass the ball almost every offensive snap that may be.

if colerain passes the ball in this game, bolden needs his head examined!

jtk
()

Well, I would guess that with OH giving up 70+ once this year, that Colerain won't need to throw the ball at all. I predict 21-0 at end of first quarter on 3 rushing TD's. OH will be on a running clock midway through the second.

i think biggy just gave up.......he was burned so many times on here and made to look a fool, that he now only reads in fear of the same humiliation.

jtk
()

I think that comparing football to wrestling is a bit of a reach. At the end of the day, wrestling is an individual sport, so finding 10 kids out of 100 that have a certain drive to be the absolute best they can be as individuals is much easier than finding 22 kids out of 100 that have the drive to be the best they can be for their TEAM. Apples and Oranges!

I think where you're wrong is maybe 25 kids even go out for wrestling, verses 100 for football. Numbers. Not apples to oranges. Please show me the wrestling program with 100 kids trying out. NE Ohio has twice the population. That's undeniable and fact. Hence, twice as many kids are interested in football.

Last edited:
football thread.....start your own wrestling thread!

jtk
()

Does this mean I'm no longer invited to the Halloween cookout?

Ok, ok. But, in fairness, we were discussing percentages of good athletes in a crowd. Wrestling was only brought up in the context of participant numbers. Muh bad brah.

So how's the Oak doing anyway? Gimme a summary.

Does this mean I'm no longer invited to the Halloween cookout?

Ok, ok. But, in fairness, we were discussing percentages of good athletes in a crowd. Wrestling was only brought up in the context of participant numbers. Muh bad brah.

So how's the Oak doing anyway? Gimme a summary.

;)

you read the paper,,,,,,,i don't know what else can be said!

jtk
()

move on to next season highlanders......the team was young, the coach is new to this level of football. the offense has promise, and the emphasis has to be placed on defense. keep the kids in the system, keep developing them, and keep the peace with the little leagues. the kids (at least the elementary) in the district do love OH, they just need something to keep them here. leave the parents no doubt you are here to improve the program. my hint......in the GMC you have to play something that resembles a defense. you can score 45 a game but you can't give up 46+ if you want to win.

jtk
()

move on to next season highlanders......the team was young, the coach is new to this level of football. the offense has promise, and the emphasis has to be placed on defense. keep the kids in the system, keep developing them, and keep the peace with the little leagues. the kids (at least the elementary) in the district do love OH, they just need something to keep them here. leave the parents no doubt you are here to improve the program. my hint......in the GMC you have to play something that resembles a defense. you can score 45 a game but you can't give up 46+ if you want to win.

jtk
()

:clap: