Oak Hills Football 2015

i will guarantee a couple things....there will be a new qb, and the offense will be much improved. the defense should be stout enough to not get steamrolled every game. but if dreyer uses the same defensive strategies he used at wb, then its going to be ugly. his offense is very good and will/should score. defense has been notoriously turrible.......

will try to keep updates for myself, b/c not too much interest in OH football

jtk
()

the thing that may hinder the oakies, not only a lack of a lot of athletes....their doubles are going to be altered due to the early start of the school year. the kids go back next week.

jtk
()

get used to that sound.......there is an occasional pop in from some of the posters but nothing consistent. in the past we've encountered a "blowhard" or two and that made the board entertaining.

jtk
()

Met Evan the other day and he introduced his new crew. He has some guys from all over the place. Highlands, Elder, Wyoming, etc. etc. I think this is good, not only for the kids, but the programs ability to bring in kids from the area. Sure it is nice to have graduates from OH as coaches, but to see how people come from all over the city to coach (not to mention the rival Elder), it shows that OH isn't just 'another public school'. Shows that Evan Dreyer could care less where people graduated, he wants good coaches. I would be willing to bet that he turns this program around. It may take a few years, but I see them on the up and up.

....Shows that Evan Dreyer could care less where people graduated, he wants good coaches. I would be willing to bet that he turns this program around. It may take a few years, but I see them on the up and up.

It is good to hear the confidence you have in the new coach. I am wondering who he might have from Elder.

I hope the Highlanders win every regular season game after the first one.

I am not 100% on whether they coached at Elder or if they just went to HS there.. He introduced them all so quickly it was a bit overwhelming. But I do remember hearing "Elder", "Wyoming", and "Highlands"

I am not 100% on whether they coached at Elder or if they just went to HS there.. He introduced them all so quickly it was a bit overwhelming. But I do remember hearing "Elder", "Wyoming", and "Highlands"

Jim Macke is on staff. He is a grad from Elder from I believe 2001. Played at MSJ with Evan and was most recently the HC at St. Bernard ..... I think.

i tried to find a football staff list but no luck.

hopefully the defense is getting better than i saw earlier in the pre-season! that defense was a combination of swiss and limburger.

jtk
()

i tried to find a football staff list but no luck.

hopefully the defense is getting better than i saw earlier in the pre-season! that defense was a combination of swiss and limburger.

jtk
()

Ah, the good ole' Swiss and Limburger defense, they have been running that one for years now. I hope this is the right coaching move to actually move the needle, but I am fairly certain, that history will continue to repeat itself.

Anyone hear from That one guy that used to start all kinds of trouble on here?

That was it, Killa, couldn't remember. I just know that he got my good friend Jerry Springer kicked out of the Oak Hills forum. Good thing Jerry has me to keep him in the loop.

Anyway, how are the Highlanders looking? Haven't seen much this year and I can't really complain about the HC, I think he's a good coach and that was a good hire.

don't you worry....bigwood's been lurking the boards. he sent me a PM in regards to me being negative or something about OH football. not sure what he is talking about. i only spoke the truth about the team i saw.

jtk
()

Im surprised that i didnt get a PM from him telling me i wasnt allowed to tell everyone how i thought Evan Dreyer is a good hire because i root for that purple panzie team down the road :laugh:

don't you worry....bigwood's been lurking the boards. he sent me a PM in regards to me being negative or something about OH football. not sure what he is talking about. i only spoke the truth about the team i saw.

jtk
()

Always a positive guy JTK. I haven't heard from bigwood. Kind of miss that guy, said no one ever.

if you see the pinto in price hill tonight come and say hi! i picked up a case of hamm's light to do a little pre-gaming!

"Let's Fly" :)

jtk
()

i think there are better odds if killa and bigwood break out of the asylum and return to posting on yappi.

while i wish them the best and will root for my alma mater.....the panthers are just really good on offense and OH will struggle on defense.....but stranger things have happened.

jtk
()

As much as i would like to see them put up a good fight, i am guessing it will be over at halftime. I see a quarter or two of fight and rust flying off of all the guys, but then i think the second half proves to be a blow to the Highlanders. I bet 14-7 or 14-10 at half, then 42-17 final.

smells like pooh, looks like pooh, must be pooh!!!!!

they are young and moved the ball fairly well. shot themselves in the foot at 21-7. elder, as i said was going to score whenever they wanted. as i was correct again. at halftime the only thing you saw was the tail lights of the pinto speeding down glenway to the safety of cheviot.

jtk
()

That was a blood bath. Wasn't anticipating the quick start by the Panthers but now I'm really not surprised. Oak Hills had plenty of opportunities but like you said jtk, shot themselves in the foot

So was that basically Oak Hills' JV going against Elder's varsity? Oak Hills plays a ton of sophomores that log a ton of minutes. QB looked decent, but DB's were getting smoked all night against superior talent. I liked that Oak Hills didn't play scared, and were willing to go for it on 4th down as they weren't going to beat Elder anyway. Elder's offense is going to put up a ton of points this year.

harrison week.......can they improve on defense? harrison lost to EC by a point. harrison has a lot of great players coming back....and they are d2. should be interesting to see if OH can bounce back!

jtk
()

their offense has more talent than you think........just b/c its d2 football doesn't mean there isn't talent. they have a qb that switched from his all-state wr position he played last year, 2 6'4 receivers, backfield returns from last season. they will give OH problems.

jtk
()