Notre Dame

How do you feel about this AEW? I’m sure an upgrade over Parker but I wasn’t overly impressed with Denbrock at UC. Didn’t pay enough attention to ND’s offense during his first stint. Things seemed to have worked in Baton Rogue
I wasn’t overly thrilled with him in the past and certainly don’t quite expect the productivity of this year’s LSU offense, but it’s a pretty decent hire and certainly an improvement over Gerad Parker and probably Tommy Rees, IMO. Looking back at the years when he was OC, the offense for the most part held up its end of the bargain with Everett Golson, Malik Zaire and DeShone Kizer at QB, but the defense stunk back then.

I wasn’t overly thrilled with him in the past and certainly don’t quite expect the productivity of this year’s LSU offense, but it’s a pretty decent hire and certainly an improvement over Gerad Parker and probably Tommy Rees, IMO. Looking back at the years when he was OC, the offense for the most part held up its end of the bargain with Everett Golson, Malik Zaire and DeShone Kizer at QB, but the defense stunk back then.
The disastrous 2016 season wasn’t because of the Offense.

I at least like his philosophy of allowing a QB to run. He does not go crazy with Q designed plays but the threat is there which gives a D fits.

I at least like his philosophy of allowing a QB to run. He does not go crazy with Q designed plays but the threat is there which gives a D fits.
You need a dynamic offense to win at a high level. However, with what ND returns on D, they don’t have to put up the insane numbers LSU’s offense did, in order to be a playoff team.

I think today’s game could be interesting. The ND OL will have 2 new Tackles vs a good Oregon St DL that has zero transfers or opt outs.

ND Defense next yr:

Edge: Oben- transfer from Duke
DT- Mills- returning Starter
NT- Cross- returning stater
SDE- Burnham

WLB- Sneed
MLB- Bowen
Rover- Kizer- returning Starter

Bound CB- Morrison- AA, Returning Starter
Field CB- Gray/Mickey
SS- ?
FS- Watts- AA, Returning Starter

That’s got the build of an Elite D.

Still not buying the Angeli hype, he did what was asked and managed the game. Faison made him look good on that long pass play to start the 2nd half

What an absolute beatdown. 40-8. Ohio State wonks will try to downplay, but this is absolutely a Top 5-6 team heading into next season.

I keep seeing ND fans say they need to imitate the Michigan approach. I think that’s a flawed way of thinking in a 12 team playoff. There’s no sneaking by or getting a lucky matchup, you need to have a dynamic Offense.

I keep seeing ND fans say they need to imitate the Michigan approach. I think that’s a flawed way of thinking in a 12 team playoff. There’s no sneaking by or getting a lucky matchup, you need to have a dynamic Offense.
1704921898970.png
Still available in the portal(y)

Your fans think ND needs to cheat?