Bluffton D6 R22
CG D7 R26
Crestview D6 R22
Jefferson D7 R26
Ft Loramie D7 R28
LCC D7 R26
Spencerville D6 R22
Allen East D6 R22

Grove down from 6 to 7 and Spencerville down from 5 to 6. Crestview up to 6 from 7. Maybe Bluffton has a shot to win the region as it appears weak, not sure about those eastern teams in that region.
My way-too early prediction is that the NWC champ will also be their respective regional champ. May even have 2 regional champs from the NWC this year

Well I think I will gladly take the final four appearance, I like our chances better than Grove to get to the finals,,,, no Marion Local

2024 Division and Regional Assignments

Bluffton D6 R22
CG D7 R26
Crestview D6 R22
Jefferson D7 R26
Ft Loramie D7 R28
LCC D7 R26
Spencerville D6 R22
Allen East D6 R22

Grove down from 6 to 7 and Spencerville down from 5 to 6. Crestview up to 6 from 7. Maybe Bluffton has a shot to win the region as it appears weak, not sure about those eastern teams in that region.
Huron is no slouch. Not sure what they have back from last season but they play in a decent league and usually are solid.

NWC Track meet this weekend, I'm predicting Grove #1 and Bluffton #2 for boys and girls. Any other surprise teams that could make it interesting?

NWC Track meet this weekend, I'm predicting Grove #1 and Bluffton #2 for boys and girls. Any other surprise teams that could make it interesting?
Crestview boys have been performing well at some meets. I believe they finished 4th or 5th at Minster earlier in the year. Been a long time since Crestview track has been any good.

I love watching the boys of fall onn the track. I think the Bluffton boys have a shot here, as the conf is very even with teams like Crestview and Lincolnview taking some points from Grove in distance events where Bluffton is weak this year. Bluffton is hungry for this one after football and basketball. So I think that mixed with home track going with some picks here
Dearth wins LJ
Basil picks up win in HJ with upset
Kruse get runner up in 110 and wins 300h
Eiden gets a monster throw and gets win in shot
Stack wins 100
Stack wins and Bogart 3 in 200
Bluffton wins 4x1 and is runner-up in 4x2 and 4x4

Lincolnview helps in 800, 4x8, mile
Crestview helps in LJ and relays

Actually with the exception of the mile and two mile Grove may not win any other events........this ain't the Putnam conference 😆
That's cute that you gained some confidence from watching our JV's last night at Bluffton.

2 weeks ago at Liberty-Benton, Grove beat Bluffton in 11 out of 17 events, and in 5 of those 11, both Grove guys beat both of Bluffton's. Grove placed second in the meet with a team score of 98.5, Bluffton placed 6th with 55. And that's without our #1 in disc and our best runner in both hurdle events.

Shouldn't you have learned your lesson by now about making bad track predictions?

here we go batman GIF

You Ohio folks like your track & field. It's a forgotten sport for most of the small schools in Indiana.
🤔, I think Ohio folks like whatever sport is in season, track is a pretty good compliment to football with events for all types of athletes, much like football and it's different positions. Strength, speed, and explosiveness. Marion Local seems to have discovered track and many of the football players do it, which explains the state titles in both last year and probably again this year....

🤔, I think Ohio folks like whatever sport is in season, track is a pretty good compliment to football with events for all types of athletes, much like football and it's different positions. Strength, speed, and explosiveness. Marion Local seems to have discovered track and many of the football players do it, which explains the state titles in both last year and probably again this year....
Not arguing that, just is never talked about over there. It's just baseball. Seems track & baseball are closer to being talked about. Though I think boys volleyball is gaining popularity over there. I personally would love to see lacrosse over all of it.

Not arguing that, just is never talked about over there. It's just baseball. Seems track & baseball are closer to being talked about. Though I think boys volleyball is gaining popularity over there. I personally would love to see lacrosse over all of it.
Boys volleyball is big in the cities, specifically Dayton and Cincinnati. I doubt it takes off in western Ohio, the season overlaps winter and spring seasons.

Boys volleyball is big in the cities, specifically Dayton and Cincinnati. I doubt it takes off in western Ohio, the season overlaps winter and spring seasons.
I was talking about Indiana. It's a spring sport along with baseball & track. Mostly the urban areas have lacrosse in Indiana. Why would Ohio overlap winter & spring? Why not just pick a season?

Now lacrosse is something I could get behind in the spring, but for small schools you would have to cut track or baseball and that ain't happening. Nice thing about track as I have said it allows multiple body types to participate.
This Saturday will be a three team race between Lincolnview, Bluffton, and Grove
Just curious does the conference still do the all sports award? And if so does anyone know who is leading

Marion Local was winning state titles in football (this century) while the track team won its 1st league title in 2022 in almost 30 years. With or without some of the football players being on track, track has very little to do with the football success. Some football players play baseball as well, the Flyers when it comes to boys sports just have very good participation numbers, close to 100 on the track team, 26 on the baseball team.

Last edited:
I never said track had anything to do with being good at football. But when your athletes compete it makes for great off-season training instead of just going to weight room. My only observation was that several of their football athletes are doing track which is why they are probably going to win the track title again this year.
Thank you for pointing out that Marion Local has been winning football titles even before last year,

I never said track had anything to do with being good at football. But when your athletes compete it makes for great off-season training instead of just going to weight room. My only observation was that several of their football athletes are doing track which is why they are probably going to win the track title again this year.
Thank you for pointing out that Marion Local has been winning football titles even before last year,
Maybe, and you are welcome.

Just curious does the conference still do the all sports award? And if so does anyone know who is leading
I've been curious about this too. On the league website it hasn't been updated since the 2020-2021 school year. I haven't heard anything about it since then

as a fort Loramie fan I am very much looking forward to facing some new teams this fall
Hope you have a good time and enjoy the NWC. I see the Fort visits LCC, Columbus Grove, Delphos Jefferson and Allen East this coming season. You have probably played in Lima Stadium and Delphos Stadium, so won't comment on them. Columbus Grove has a very nice facility with decent visitor stands. I have always enjoyed attending games there. Parking can be an issue but not too bad. Allen East is another nice facility. Ample parking, nice field. Biggest complaint there is the fact that if the wind is blowing in late season, it is cold, nothing to block the wind from blowing across the visitor stands. But that would not stop me from attending. Overall, you will find most schools are very accommodating to visiting fans and nice facilities. Side Note: It has been years since I have attended an LCC game at Lima Stadium, but if they still serve Wedding Soup at the concession stand, grab a bowl, its good! lol

I've been curious about this too. On the league website it hasn't been updated since the 2020-2021 school year. I haven't heard anything about it since then
Probably start back up this year. I mean they had to wait until LCC brought the trophy back ;)

Hope you have a good time and enjoy the NWC. I see the Fort visits LCC, Columbus Grove, Delphos Jefferson and Allen East this coming season. You have probably played in Lima Stadium and Delphos Stadium, so won't comment on them. Columbus Grove has a very nice facility with decent visitor stands. I have always enjoyed attending games there. Parking can be an issue but not too bad. Allen East is another nice facility. Ample parking, nice field. Biggest complaint there is the fact that if the wind is blowing in late season, it is cold, nothing to block the wind from blowing across the visitor stands. But that would not stop me from attending. Overall, you will find most schools are very accommodating to visiting fans and nice facilities. Side Note: It has been years since I have attended an LCC game at Lima Stadium, but if they still serve Wedding Soup at the concession stand, grab a bowl, its good! lol
I don't think Fort Loramie has ever played in Delphos. But it will be a homecoming for Coach Wells. He's a fantastic young man.

I don't think Fort Loramie has ever played in Delphos. But it will be a homecoming for Coach Wells. He's a fantastic young man.
For some reason, I was thinking they and St John’s played a home and home series soon after the Ft started football. My bad. Well then they are in for a nice treat as I have always liked Delphos Stadium. Great place for a high school game. Only issue there is parking.

My Way-Too Early predictions

1. Grove. They are the team to beat obviously, they’ve won that conference 5 out the last 6 years. So until someone takes them down. They are the favorites.
2. LCC. They may of lost their QB last year, but they will be not an easy team to deal with. They played a brutal schedule last few years. They have a ton of talent and speed. They have a great coaching staff that have been to the state-semi finals a few times the last couple years or so. They are definitely gonna be a contender.
3. Bluffton. They also have a ton of experience back and will also definitely compete for a Top 3 spot again this year. Those kids got the big game experiences last year. Don’t sleep on the pirates. I won’t be surprise if we see again another week 10 nwc championship game this year. If that’s the case I’m taking the pirates at home.
4. Fort Loramie. They had about a .500 record or so last year. They played that same non-league type of schedule as LCC did. Played some Decent teams, maybe not as hard as LCC. They got a few guys back. They play hard and tough. They do have the ability to compete high In this conference. I still think it will be fun to watch them match up with Grove and Bluffton. See if they can match their physicality.
5. Allen East. They had an unexpected down year last season which most people didn’t see coming as they were one of the top teams pick to finish up top of the league after coming off an nwc championship the previous season. I’m curious to see the what the mustangs have in stored this season.
6. Crestview. They still have the athletes and skills and players, but until they can find a way to be just more physical, especially up front. They will struggle in the coming years in the league.
7. Spencerville. They were young last year. They got a new coach as well last year and they went back the original way of Spencerville football last year by running the ball a lot. I still think the bearcats are 1 year away still from being back in the top 5.
8. Delphos Jefferson. New coach. Maybe new system?? They are unfortunately in a long haul for the years to come.

Should be another fun year of football in the nwc this coming year. Like one other person said in this thread, I do agree the NWC is definitely going to be the 2nd toughest league in D6/D7.