new scoreboard

jimbo

Thanks to the athletic boosters for getting a new video scoreboard!! The old one was too hard to see...They are a great organization!!!

Go Comets!! :cool:

Jimbo,
In my opinion - The Thanks goes out to all those parents and volunteers who continue to support the Student Athletes of Solon. With out the parents and volunteers things like athletic equipment (hurdles, wrestling mats, new hoops, soccer goals, lacrosse nets, volleyball nets...), sports wear (warm-ups, jackets...), special travel opportunites, and the scoreboard would not at all be possible.

Boosters are a good organization that really helps and coordinate bringing all this together, but those that support the boosters deserve the real credit.

New Scoreboard

I see the new scoreboard has been dismantled. Hopefully to install a larger replay screen. Does anyone know what's going on?

I see the new scoreboard has been dismantled. Hopefully to install a larger replay screen. Does anyone know what's going on?

Demo,
A new larger scoreboard and videoboard are on there way.
The scoreboard will have more prevelant lighting for the game information and planned to be installed in time for the home scrimmage game against Brush (8/20).
The new larger videoboard (18'x14', previous was 12'x8'), because the Solon School Board and Athletic Boosters went through a bid process, will be installed sometime in early September. before our 3rd regular season home game (9/24 vs. Hudson).

Scoreboard / Videoboard update -
Since the scoreboard is coming in from the company FairPlay located in Des Moines Iowa, which has had severe flooding throughout the state and mostly in the Des Moines area, the scoreboard will be mid-late late next week. No one or group to blame anyone but mother nature.
Those poor folks in Iowa!

This MIGHT (MIGHT) and no official word or decison has been made as of this comment, but the Solon game may have to be moved to Brush in the best interest of the football players. Stop watches and other manual devices would not be fair to these boys who have worked so very hard these past few months for these games.

Both the scoreboard and videoboard manufacturers are working very hard to assure we get the scorebaord and videoboard up and running as fast as possible.

Than you for understanding, we want this right for everyone, especially those youngmen.

Update please

So what was the scoreboard like Friday?

Those poor Iowans not only have high water, they have bad eggs too!!! I ordered Belgian waffles with NC bacon Sunday!

Last edited:
So what was the scoreboard like Friday?

Those poor Iowans not only have high water, they have bad eggs too!!! I ordered Belgian waffles with NC bacon Sunday!

It was just installed (no electrical, just hardware) on Friday. All electric was completed on Saturday. QC/QA with Solon and Vendor on Saturday.
couple LEDS not working on the clock, which is being shiped overnight today.

Tonights Solon Varsity game will have the scoreboard up and runnnig.

Videoboard still on schedule to be installed before 3rd home game (Hudson).

I saw a crew putting the video screen up today during band practice during school. It so far is about 85 percent up. It was being assembled in long strips and only has about 2 more to go.

Solon has hired BP Studio Design to develop some new graphics for the scoreboard, to be used during touchdowns, 1st downs, and field goals.. and so on...

In addition, the Football and Band intro videos are just about ready and can be seen on youtube.com

Can't wait to see it in action for the Hudson game

Graphics Boards Add to the "Experience"

Sounds exciting!

Great first post! Welcome Viper person!

We have a new minor league baseball stadium in Winston Salem (voted best in America this year, beat out MN Twins stadium) and the scoreboard graphics are sometimes used for between inning games and showing fans in strange poses or dances, etc. lots of fun!