NE8 2024

They still have a couple of real good skill players in Josiah Hunter, and Collier Dixon. Also have Hess Cordona coming back.Also that big lineman Fedor will be a senior this coming year. They will still finish around 5-5 probably. They will not have the QB like last year
5 may be a stretch, idk if lakeview and Niles will be auto wins, I don’t think they beat anyone else in conference

One would think~at least hope~that the Girard administration would have been preparing for this eventuality. I do know they have been talking for over 5 years now about building an auditorium ("Performing Arts Center") but every time they seem to be getting closer it fades away. If I recall correctly, at one point they were saying it was going to cost somewhere around $15 million...but that funding was in place and would not require any new or additional levies. They have detailed plans and renderings and even accepted bids at least once, maybe twice, but bids were rejected because the overall price tag was too high. So you would think that turf replacement (maybe $750,000 to $1.0 million ??--I don't know if I'm even close) could be accomplished.

^^ Quoting my own post here from about a month ago.

And now this last week...from a Warren Tribune Chronicle report on the most recent Girard Board of Education meeting and actions:

"Reported the turf at the football stadium will be replaced this summer. Superintendent Bryan O’Hara said the current turf has aged and needs replaced."

Link:

Struthers playing Cincinnati dohn prep week 3 at home giving the wildcats the first 4 games at home.

Basically a bye week against a team that isn’t good and a game you don’t get any points from

Struthers will operate as if they’re only playing 9 games in terms of playoffs but also giving a 10th game for the kids to play mainly the younger kids. It’s not ideal but it’s better then nothing I guess

Struthers playing Cincinnati dohn prep week 3 at home giving the wildcats the first 4 games at home.

Basically a bye week against a team that isn’t good and a game you don’t get any points from

Struthers will operate as if they’re only playing 9 games in terms of playoffs but also giving a 10th game for the kids to play mainly the younger kids. It’s not ideal but it’s better then nothing I guess
I saw Dohn against Ytown East last year. Brutal. Dohn had 1 athlete ( #5. Apparently back for his junior year). The rest of the team was........ let's just say 'meh'. Dohn was flagged for a penalty when the QB threw a 10-15 yard 'completed' pass to the left guard. But it wasn't a QB scrambling just heaving it to a teammate to avoid a sack. The guard actually ran a route. TWO TIMES IN A ROW!
If you're a parent of a Struthers back up, get ready to witness some serious playing time

I saw Dohn against Ytown East last year. Brutal. Dohn had 1 athlete ( #5. Apparently back for his junior year). The rest of the team was........ let's just say 'meh'. Dohn was flagged for a penalty when the QB threw a 10-15 yard 'completed' pass to the left guard. But it wasn't a QB scrambling just heaving it to a teammate to avoid a sack. The guard actually ran a route. TWO TIMES IN A ROW!
If you're a parent of a Struthers back up, get ready to witness some serious playing time
I think that can be good for the backups because most likely there will be no jv game that week. That guard got something to brag about to his WR’s tho lol

^^ Quoting my own post here from about a month ago.

And now this last week...from a Warren Tribune Chronicle report on the most recent Girard Board of Education meeting and actions:

"Reported the turf at the football stadium will be replaced this summer. Superintendent Bryan O’Hara said the current turf has aged and needs replaced."

Link:

Wonder if they’re gonna have the same design as the last one