NE8 2024

Struthersfan

2023 was fun, but is now in the books ...... lets get the new year started. The schedules are finally complete.
Discuss.

Northeast 8

Girard
08/23 A Jefferson Area
08/30 H Youngstown Liberty
09/06 H Beloit West Branch
09/13 A Struthers
09/20 A Andover Pymatuning Valley
09/27 A Cortland Lakeview
10/04 H Canfield South Range
10/11 A Poland Seminary
10/18 H Hubbard
10/25 H Niles McKinley

Hubbard
08/23 A Brookfield
08/30 H Wilmington Area (PA)
09/06 A Warren Howland
09/13 H Niles McKinley
09/20 A Poland Seminary
09/27 H Struthers
10/04 A East Liverpool Beaver Local
10/11 H Cortland Lakeview
10/18 A Girard
10/25 H Canfield South Range

Cortland Lakeview
08/23 H Parma Heights Holy Name
08/30 H Jefferson Area
09/06 A Youngstown Liberty
09/13 A Canfield South Range
09/20 A Niles McKinley
09/27 H Girard
10/04 A Struthers
10/11 A Hubbard
10/18 H Poland Seminary
10/25 H East Liverpool Beaver Local

Niles McKinley
08/23 A Warren Howland
08/30 H Parma Heights Holy Name
09/06 A Ashtabula Lakeside
09/13 A Hubbard
09/20 H Cortland Lakeview
09/27 H Hickory (PA)
10/04 A Poland Seminary
10/11 A Canfield South Range
10/18 H Struthers
10/25 A Girard

Poland Seminary
08/23 H Salem
08/30 H Warren Howland
09/06 A Oberlin Firelands
09/13 A Canfield
09/20 H Hubbard
09/27 A Canfield South Range
10/04 H Niles McKinley
10/11 H Girard
10/18 A Cortland Lakeview
10/25 A Struthers

Canfield South Range
08/23 H New Middletown Springfield
08/30 H Salem
09/06 H Barberton
09/13 H Cortland Lakeview
09/20 H Struthers
09/27 H Poland Seminary
10/04 A Girard
10/11 H Niles McKinley
10/18 A Louisville
10/25 A Hubbard

Struthers
08/23 H East Liverpool Beaver Local
08/30 H Youngstown Chaney
09/06 N Bye Week
09/13 H Girard
09/20 A Canfield South Range
09/27 A Hubbard
10/04 H Cortland Lakeview
10/11 A Youngstown East
10/18 A Niles McKinley
10/25 H Poland Seminary

Last edited:

Wilmington playing to NE8 teams back to back is interesting. They couldn't find any other PA schools to play? And if I'm correct, PA opens a week later to against Hubbard will be their season opener?

Wilmington playing to NE8 teams back to back is interesting. They couldn't find any other PA schools to play? And if I'm correct, PA opens a week later to against Hubbard will be their season opener?
Hickory at Niles too. Throw in Ursuline at Farrell week 3 also. Lots of border war games. I think the big reason is a lot of PA teams have fallen off and the competition just isn't there locally like it used to be.

Very surprised Struthers is gonna play Wilmington
C'mon man ....... it doesn't surprise anyone actually.
I'd kind of like us to play New Castle, Butler or Sharon/Hickory.
I figured Canton South, Holy Name or Clearview. But look what we get.
And this isn't one of those powerful Greyhound teams of recent years. They are way down nowadays.
At least we don't sit home one week.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah pa has 2 ooc games. Our week 2 and 3

C'mon man ....... it doesn't surprise anyone actually.
I'd kind of like us to play New Castle, Butler or Sharon/Hickory.
I figured Canton South, Holy Name or Clearview. But look what we get.
And this isn't one of those powerful Greyhound teams of recent years. They are way down nowadays.
At least we don't sit home one week.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Canton south told us no, even giving them a home game. I’m guessing their team is gonna take a big step back losing a really good class

Wilmington is a big step up from Greenville tho for Hubbards ooc. They’re gonna need some points from their ooc 1-9 Greenville hurt their playoff chances big time last year

Wilmington is a big step up from Greenville tho for Hubbards ooc. They’re gonna need some points from their ooc 1-9 Greenville hurt their playoff chances big time last year
It's possible they were in the same position as us last year and this year.
Struggling to find anyone last minute and had to schedule them.
That's why the AD has to be proactive, otherwise you get screwed.

Doesn't PA schedule their conference games late? I think this is why you have these odd openings to start their season. I have never seen Wilmington play but always thought they were a solid program. Scheduling NE8 teams back to back suggests to me that they are going to be solid this year. But who knows. The Girard QB was there and left for his senior year. Maybe there is something more.

Anyways, good luck to all the NE8 teams this year. I see SR and Struthers at least playing for Regional Titles again this year.

Yeah the way pa is set up they play their region basically as conference and the top so many schools go to the playoffs. Leaving only a couple ooc games

Doesn't PA schedule their conference games late? I think this is why you have these odd openings to start their season. I have never seen Wilmington play but always thought they were a solid program. Scheduling NE8 teams back to back suggests to me that they are going to be solid this year. But who knows. The Girard QB was there and left for his senior year. Maybe there is something more.

Anyways, good luck to all the NE8 teams this year. I see SR and Struthers at least playing for Regional Titles again this year.
They’re a run first team, I didn’t blame the kid for leaving, but they aren’t a pushover especially playing at home

They’re a run first team, I didn’t blame the kid for leaving, but they aren’t a pushover especially playing at home
They took a step down in the last few years. Their legendary coach retired, his replacement kept it up for a couple years, but the past couple years they are not state title contenders like they were just a few years ago.

I am not sure yet. I’ve been down south and not hearing much. It was such a good season for the conference it’s hard to believe it will be as strong this season.

Sidenote, I don’t understand why the schools can’t keep the NE8 Website updated. Is each school responsible for their own information?
Just assign a HS kid the job. They could get extra credit. I’d like to be able to see how wrestling is doing for example.

Why in the world would our athletic Director ever agree to travel to Wilmington? lol

it is good for the kids to get some exposure in other environments but I think you want to get as many home games as possible. Some serious home cooking over the border I’m sure. Just like it was against Sharon in 2015 when they blatantly cheated and got caught.

That’s crazy to me you know damn well they’re going to cancel the next year.

Nice out of conference schedule for SR and Struthers....it is interesting seeing some of those western pa teams...I'd imagine some of these teams have a tough time getting teams to play.
Why on earth is Howland playing all these schools?

Struthers has that big offensive line and two returning studs at QB and RB. Replacing Carter on both sides of the ball is going to be a big challenge for the Wildcats.

The conference title will be wrapped up after week 5 this year.