Moeller gives players $2000 tuition credit to work summer camp

And likely with little oversight as he's also the Principal.

There doesn't seem to be alot of noise over there, so I'm assuming most people are ok with it based on the success it has brought.

Enrollment doesn't seem to be an issue. Kids seem to want/like going to school there.

There is certainly a difference between illegal and inappropriate. I certainly don't think this runs afoul of any law although if they were paying $2,000 for work at a camp it would be inappropriate. (Given the fact that it would probably work out to $100/hr if it was for one week).

I know that the kids who get financial aid from St X actually have a work study program where they are doing things like janitorial work after school.

But that work study is open to all students, it’s not a program specifically designed to funnel $ to only athletes. IMO, that’s the shady aspect of this. Again, it’s not technically against the rules, but given how frequently the rules are skirted, I’d be shocked if there wasn’t a loose end somewhere that would trip him up. Again, this is a guy who is not nearly as smart as he thinks. What kind of dip s**t writes a letter to a judge begging for leniency for some Bernie Madoff knockoff using the school letterhead? Dumb .

The basketball program only gives you the option to get paid cash money for 1 camp. If you work 3 camps you then can choose between a credit towards team fees or service hours. Typically if you work every day of a camp you get between $500-$600 and you only get that once. Of course if the kid is good then this wouldn't matter bc the rules would be selectively enforced based on whether he is a "starter" or on "scout team". I would love to see an accounting of the slush fund that Kremer has put together . . . basketball program is outside the athletic department and not subject to the same rules as the other teams.

I realize that the Boosters for certain sports are more involved and more apt to raise larger sums of money then most sports (i.e. football and basketball). While the money may be earmarked for that specific sport I think it is foolish to not have it run through the athletic department with the appropriate oversight and checks and balances. If Kremer is allowed to raise money and manage it without oversight of the AD or administration, I think that is a foolish move by Moeller. I say this not because I think Kremer is going to do something wrong, but simply because it exposes your program to accusations that may be harder to defend.

Saw a number of Cincinnati Moeller kids up in Mercer County at the parade last Sunday and I believe all of them are in the athletic program.
Not sure if they just came up to work on a farm and bale some hay, slop the pigs and milk the cows or just to attend the parade but it was good to see them slumming it.

I heard of a moeller basketball player being given a $2000 tuition credit for each week he worked at the moeller summer basketball camp. If this is true, is this legal? Seems like a pretty high reimbursement to me.
WOW we're up to three pages of posts on a fake story by a Moeller Hater. You folks need to get a life. But I will say "if it is true" its good to see my contributions are being put to good use!!!!! :cool:

Bc a schools purpose is academics. I don’t mind if a kid is athletically gifted and happens to need financial aid, but giving $ directly for athletic purposes in HS is wrong imo.

Then you should call your alma mater on the carpet, because Elder has been doing it for decades.

WOW we're up to three pages of posts on a fake story by a Moeller Hater. You folks need to get a life. But I will say "if it is true" its good to see my contributions are being put to good use!!!!! :cool:

Well, it has already been confirmed by another poster plus what you told me so now that is 3 posters on here that can verify it.... It must be true. Kremer is all about winning at any cost.... pretty obvious to someone like me who could care less!!!!

Luv ya MoeDude.... leaving the door unlocked buddy!!!!!

Well, it has already been confirmed by another poster plus what you told me so now that is 3 posters on here that can verify it.... It must be true. Kremer is all about winning at any cost.... pretty obvious to someone like me who could care less!!!!

Luv ya MoeDude.... leaving the door unlocked buddy!!!!!

Birdog’s defensive reaction made me think it’s true.

You are living in fantasy land.

I’m sure there’s been athletes without much $ that got aid, but if they’re actively giving free $ to athletes, they’re not doing a good job at it.

And I don’t say this to stand a soapbox, I get tired of that sanctimonious attitude as well.

I’ve been told via 3rd party they didnt think it worth it and that it could look bad image wise. My thought is that’s a pvssified response and if you can get definitive proof, go get it, otherwise, you lose all right to complain. He’s not smart enough to make sure all loose ends were tied up.
This thread gets better the more I read. ?

I’m sure there’s been athletes without much $ that got aid, but if they’re actively giving free $ to athletes, they’re not doing a good job at it.

And I don’t say this to stand a soapbox, I get tired of that sanctimonious attitude as well.

And you spend the past 2 days accusing Moeller of doing exactly what you want Elder to do?

I don’t want Elder to flat out give $ to athletes. I want them to work to bring better talent in, but that’s where it stops.

Elder is in trouble due to demographics. Not sure where you think all this talent is going to come from? Moeller is a totally different story, demographics are a big part of their athletic success and ability to sustain enrollment. Elder and Moeller are very different in that way. I would be concerned as well if I were an Elder supporter.

Elder is in trouble due to demographics. Not sure where you think all this talent is going to come from? Moeller is a totally different story, demographics are a big part of their athletic success and ability to sustain enrollment. Elder and Moeller are very different in that way. I would be concerned as well if I were an Elder supporter.

Depends on who you ask. Seems most think everything is fine. They also have their heads in the sand.

Omar knows there is no top tier talent coming in the door, he just wants them to be pro-active in getting it, and he's not wrong. Most are still in the 1990s mindset of "our kids will be tougher". That doesn't cut it anymore in the highest level of D1. Talent wins.

I honestly think Elder would rather play the underdog card, as they think it will mean so much more when they win something. It might, but you have to win something first.

That’s why they need more CPS talent which is bountiful in their area. The Feeders are weak, and will remain weak

Heard Griffith kid that played for Hughes all summer is going to Moeller.
That’s the rumor, along with the Hughes coach kicking him off the team. I’m skeptical of it, he was at UK last weekend on an unofficial visit, so that would mean sometime early this week he gets kicked off the team and enrolls at Moeller? That’s an awfully tight time window for a chaotic event.

Depends on who you ask. Seems most think everything is fine. They also have their heads in the sand.

Omar knows there is no top tier talent coming in the door, he just wants them to be pro-active in getting it, and he's not wrong. Most are still in the 1990s mindset of "our kids will be tougher". That doesn't cut it anymore in the highest level of D1. Talent wins.

I honestly think Elder would rather play the underdog card, as they think it will mean so much more when they win something. It might, but you have to win something first.
Trey, nobody on this Forum cares.