Moeller 2 St Xavier 0

MTO80

Moelller continued their win streak and clinched the GCL title last night with a 2-0 win. Moellers' defense put up another shutout but was definitely challenged as St X had a few great shots on goal. It was 0-0 at the half with Moeller getting 2 goals pretty close together in the second half. After that the defense did its job as usual.

I will give Flyer fan credit , he is funny but it must be a miserable life to be a hater on high school kids. Yes they somehow shutout Mt Healthy along with the the other 16 consecutive teams they played . Obviously Maxpreps has them number 1 with their rating system also so your opinion of their schedule may or may not be right.

I will give Flyer fan credit , he is funny but it must be a miserable life to be a hater on high school kids. Yes they somehow shutout Mt Healthy along with the the other 16 consecutive teams they played . Obviously Maxpreps has them number 1 with their rating system also so your opinion of their schedule may or may not be right.
Nowhere near a hater, just a little jab in jest. I could have referenced Hamilton too, but I went with Mt. Healthy. It's a little funny to me how much they like to talk about themselves on the internet though.

Jokes aside, Moe deserves all the flowers. Category 5 super team. They're on the cusp of being one of the best teams of all time in OHSAA history.

I dont know about all that but it will be a struggle for whoever to make it out of Southwest District. Moeller defense has been great but when you win 6 or 7 games 1-0 it will probably catch up to you at some point. I will say that if their offense would catch up to their defense I like their chances.

MTO80 I agree with you. If I am in southwest district I am not predicting nor am I talking going into this years tournament. There is honestly 5-6 quality teams that could get out and on any given day any one of them can win it all. Moeller, Centerville, St. X, Springboro have the best chance and you could even say West, Beavercreek, elder and Mason could get thru with some luck!

MTO80 I agree with you. If I am in southwest district I am not predicting nor am I talking going into this years tournament. There is honestly 5-6 quality teams that could get out and on any given day any one of them can win it all. Moeller, Centerville, St. X, Springboro have the best chance and you could even say West, Beavercreek, elder and Mason could get thru with some luck!
I think Moeller makes it through, however as always, R4 will be a gauntlet whereas Ignatius won't face anyone tough until the Semifinals.

How the brackets are Moeller-Centerville game would be at miamisburg in the regional semifinals. My prediction is the team that wins that game represents southwest ohio in state finals. That game though I can’t predict. Last year going into it I thought centerville would get thru and we know how that ended.

When you win 6 or 7 games 1-0 it will probably catch up to you at some point.
however as always, R4 will be a gauntlet
There is honestly 5-6 quality teams that could get out and on any given day any one of them can win it all.
Excuse my creative copy and pasting.

This is the beauty (and curse) of R4.

Every year there's 1-2 teams that should represent the region at state. But when the margins are slim and the weather is bad, anything can happen.

Compared to the other regions, I'd be willing to guarantee R4 is leading when it comes to the highest ranked team prior to the playoffs NOT being the team that makes it through. Not a shot at the other regions, just a nod to the competitiveness here

I dont know about all that but it will be a struggle for whoever to make it out of Southwest District. Moeller defense has been great but when you win 6 or 7 games 1-0 it will probably catch up to you at some point. I will say that if their offense would catch up to their defense I like their chances.
43 goals to 0 in their last 11 games GBM 💪 ⚽