Midwest Athletic Conference 2024

Who will be MAC champions

• Total voters
Now that the playoffs have been expanded, why don't we eliminate 1 team from our league. Anna would be the obvious choice. They really do not fit in with the rest of the league anyway. Then the Flyers only have 1 non league game to find. I know some people that would love to see Anna gone.
Eliminate 1 team from the MAC and you'd still have to play 2 non-conference games. If you want only 1 non-league game, then you just play everyone in the league like the WBL does

Now that the playoffs have been expanded, why don't we eliminate 1 team from our league. Anna would be the obvious choice. They really do not fit in with the rest of the league anyway. Then the Flyers only have 1 non league game to find. I know some people that would love to see Anna gone.
Aint happening, the MAC would never kick a school out and Anna is not going to leave, plus like BD said that would leave the MAC with 9 schools - 8 game league schedule.

Just a guess, but it is more likely Fort Loramie will be added to the MAC before Anna would be eliminated.

Would have happened already, but it requires either the addition of another team besides, or for a team to leave the conference.

Just a guess, but it is more likely Fort Loramie will be added to the MAC before Anna would be eliminated.

Would have happened already, but it requires either the addition of another team besides, or for a team to leave the conference.
Genuinely curious as to why a team would have to leave, or another team would need to be added for this to work?
Could the league not add 1 team and just go to a 9 game conference schedule, or stick with 8 and you skip 2 league members on a rotating basis like currently with skipping 1.

Genuinely curious as to why a team would have to leave, or another team would need to be added for this to work?
Could the league not add 1 team and just go to a 9 game conference schedule, or stick with 8 and you skip 2 league members on a rotating basis like currently with skipping 1.
There are currently 10 teams playing football, so adding one would make for an uneven number, leading to bye weeks all through the year. That was the case before Anna was added, and I think filling a week 8 game is even more difficult than filling a week 1 slot.

Who wants Anna gone? Pretty competitive almost every year...won a state title in 2019...they bring a big crowd to all the away games. Pretty bold statement if you ask me.

Who wants Anna gone? Pretty competitive almost every year...won a state title in 2019...they bring a big crowd to all the away games. Pretty bold statement if you ask me.
I think Show Pony was trolling Anna. Outside of the fact that they are a football-only school, they have been a great addition to the Fall Friday Night MAC.

If the MAC offered them to be full-time they would make the jump in a heartbeat.
I dont know about that........they are truly madly deeply in love with SCAL hoops and just saw MAC football as a means-to-an-end for football success as their previous conference of creampuffs did them no good in getting them ready for playoff foosball.

WG would rather have an open week than play a MAC team.
I agree with that!!

But I am amazed New Bremen hasn’t been able to solve their OOC issues. I would think there are 20-30 teams in a 40 mile radius that would be a perfect fit for both sides? I am really curious if this is a NB issue or do teams really not want to play them??

There's nothing stopping them from being a dual member in both leagues. Same goes for Loramie.
I've thought this for a while. No problem at all with Anna and Loramie being full MAC members and SCAL members. Grove, Pandora, and Leipsic have all done the same thing for the last 50 years as members of the BVC or NWC for all sports and the Putnam County League for all sports except football

Don't be so stupid, there is a lot of people that would love to add Ft. Loramie and get rid of Anna. I have heard it personally from many. Open your eyes, this isn't a big happy MAC family as everyone puts on. There is jealousy and envy amongst many of these towns and schools. I like you as long as you don't start getting one over on me. Come to my tailgate and be my friend until you guys start winning. It is easy to be happy when your the team on top and winning every week. They start losing, see how nice they are to you. That is MAC sports. Great league and good people that are super competitive and do not like to lose. Hard working people that take care of their own!- That is the key words "Their OWN".

Don't be so stupid, there is a lot of people that would love to add Ft. Loramie and get rid of Anna. I have heard it personally from many. Open your eyes, this isn't a big happy MAC family as everyone puts on. There is jealousy and envy amongst many of these towns and schools. I like you as long as you don't start getting one over on me. Come to my tailgate and be my friend until you guys start winning. It is easy to be happy when your the team on top and winning every week. They start losing, see how nice they are to you. That is MAC sports. Great league and good people that are super competitive and do not like to lose. Hard working people that take care of their own!- That is the key words "Their OWN".
Well I guess I am so stupid then...looks like everyone is really on your side on this one...what's so attractive about Loramie over Anna? Kind of lost of take care of their own statement as well...

I agree with that!!

But I am amazed New Bremen hasn’t been able to solve their OOC issues. I would think there are 20-30 teams in a 40 mile radius that would be a perfect fit for both sides? I am really curious if this is a NB issue or do teams really not want to play them??
I wonder if Crestview would be a Week 2 option in 2025? They dropped Hicksville in 2022 and picked up McComb in 2023 & 2024 but were drubbed by them in 2023. Crestview and NB scrimmaged for several years during NB’s extremely down years. Also curious why they never played considering Crestview’s coach in the early 2000s was from NB.

How can the same go for Loramie when that would make 11 football-playing schools in the MAC? And do you know for sure the MAC would allow Anna to join in the other sports?
If Loramie was in the same boat as Anna then yes they would. Why wouldn't the MAC want Anna as an all sports member? They are competitive in many sports and would fit better then, no offense, New Knoxville.

How can the same go for Loramie when that would make 11 football-playing schools in the MAC? And do you know for sure the MAC would allow Anna to join in the other sports?
wonder why they wouldn't allow Anna to join in ALL sports?

I’m not saying they wouldn’t, just that it’s not a given they would. As much sense as it makes for Minster, Bremen, and ML, it would add travel for some other schools. For instance, would Ft. Recovery rather play Anna in all other sports or continue to play Ansonia or their Indiana neighbors? Same with DSJ and the Putnam county schools. And remember, it would filter down to all levels, including junior high.

MyLittlePony,
There is always going to be some jealousy, but all around I would have to say the MAC is much more tight knit than others because everyone, sans PW, has had a piece of the Championship pie.

As for Loramie and Anna.......

I think most would like to see one of them come in full time. That is my thought.
Those two love their SCAR basketball and I believe that is the sticking point.

I imagine the league would.....

I agree with that!!

This. Marion Local has to travel to Franklin and somewhere SW of Bloomington Indiana. Coldwater has to travel to Massie. Versailles playing Fort Loramie I believe this year but who knows how long that series will last. New Bremen is a D7 school very few if any other D6 - D7 schools in the area want to schedule what they think will be a loss. Last year NB was 4 - 6 and beat a 7 - 5 Mechanicsburg team 28 - 7. St. Mary's seems to be the only WBL school now that will schedule a MAC school. So, the answer is no, teams in the area do not want to play New Bremen, it is not because NB has a lazy AD, same type of talk by some posters about Marion Local AD not being able to find opponents, now it is becoming a league wide problem at least among the more successful teams.

This a one-year deal? These scheduling issues are going the force the MAC into a 9-league game schedule.
With 16 teams getting in now, wouldn't this be desirable anyway? Yeah it's fun to play OOC games but most of the MAC struggles to find teams willing to play consistently.

I guess in theory it might cost a playoff spot here and there with the difference of a 3-7 as opposed to 4-6 season, but small price to pay for the stability.