Mason 14 Oak Hills 13

cometcenter

The Comets are now 3-0 in the GMC and 4-2 overall.

I had to miss this game so any details from what must of been an exciting win over Oak Hills would be appreciated.

I had to miss this game so any details from what must of been an exciting win over Oak Hills would be appreciated.

The defense was solid for the 1st half, passing defense in 2nd half left a little to be desired. The offense was hit and miss, sometimes looking good, sometimes looking anemic. But then you look at the game stats and it was ok.

It was closer than it needed to be with a couple of fumbles, especially the late one (punt) with about 5 mins to play. That one allowed Oak Hills to get back into the ball game. A missed extra point doomed Oak Hills. Mason missed on on the opening TD, but went for 2 on their 2nd.

Defense looked pretty good as usuaul. The first half the dump pass over the middle worked for oak Hills and in the second half some corner passes/ mix up hurt the Comets.

Offense still needs alot of work (not consistent enough); has a hard time sustaning a drive, even with great field position. The offense couldn't score at the 1 yd line running the same play twice in a row (QB sneak). Two punt return fumbles is the main reason the game was so close IMO. The kicking game is not very good. Missed extra point and the lack of confidence to kick a field goal nearly lost us the game IMO.

To even stay close next week with Middletown, the offense will have to perform better and take advantage of any good field position they get to work with and score more points. Defense will need time to catch their breath (middies have some speed ) and cannot give up the big play. Special teams (kick (extra point/field goal team) and punt return team) will have to be error free.

The team can win against the Middies and they should believe it by now!

GO Comets!!!