Kyan Mason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar

Reached out the OHSAA to better understand why he’s eligible after transferring back to Eds from a public school. They haven’t gotten back but based on the rules when they’re applied to Elder, he should be sitting the last half of the season.

Omar, you're playing in sandboxes you probably shouldn't be playing in. But to each their own. Don't whine if this comes back on you.

I'm guessing people won't be too happy if this hampers the Elder/Eds relationship.

Apparently calling out Eds for cheating could fracture their relationship with Elder? Typical smoothbrain Trey logic. If Eds cancels the series bc I pointed out how they cheat, that just confirms what a trashy program they are.

In the future, Im sure other players won’t totally exploit this rule in order to avoid paying a 1/2 yr of tuition.

And for those not familiar, this is Eds best WR. He transferred to Glenville for the entire 2nd half of the school yr and spent most of the summer working out with their football team, but decided to transfer back to Eds 2 weeks before school.

It’s kinda odd how any kid transferring to Elder from a public school has to sit out the final 1/2 of the sports season but Mason from Eds doesn’t. It’s almost like the OHSAA is corrupt and will let the power programs up north get away with just about anything.

So a kid who plays his Junior season at Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy then transfers to Oak Hills for the second semester then transfers to Elder for his Senior year would have to sit out the second half of the season because it is Christian to Catholic?

So a kid who plays his Junior season at Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy then transfers to Oak Hills for the second semester then transfers to Elder for his Senior year would have to sit out the second half of the season because it is Christian to Catholic?
Or in this example, a kid from Elder could transfer to OH for the 2nd half of the yr and transfer back to Elder just a few weeks before the school yr.

Reached out the OHSAA to better understand why he’s eligible after transferring back to Eds from a public school. They haven’t gotten back but based on the rules when they’re applied to Elder, he should be sitting the last half of the season.

The OHSAA is not going to give out private information to you. This is not public record.

And for those not familiar, this is Eds best WR. He transferred to Glenville for the entire 2nd half of the school yr and spent most of the summer working out with their football team, but decided to transfer back to Eds 2 weeks before school.

It’s kinda odd how any kid transferring to Elder from a public school has to sit out the final 1/2 of the sports season but Mason from Eds doesn’t. It’s almost like the OHSAA is corrupt and will let the power programs up north get away with just about anything.

I don't claim to be an expert on OHSAA matters, but it sounds like since he did not play football for Glenville last season then he has full eligibility.

I don't claim to be an expert on OHSAA matters, but it sounds like since he did not play football for Glenville last season then he has full eligibility.
But he was at Glenville the entire 2nd half of the school yr. How does it make sense to let him play?

That depends. There are too many unknowns in your example.

The Catholic/Private school to Public only comes into play if they are returning to their home public school system. In your example, if the student lives in the Oak Hills School District but goes to school and played football for CHCA, he could transfer to Oak Hills and be eligible for football for the full season. However, he would only be eligible for the 1st half of the season if he transferred to Elder or another private school.

The exception would be if they lived somewhere on the east side for example and moved to the Oak Hills School District. Then, I believe in your example he would be eligible to play football at Elder fully eligible since they moved school districts.

It's pretty clear to me, but I can see how it can be confusing to some people especially when there are exceptions also, such as bullying, change of guardianship, several others.

He didn't play football there. Did he run track or any spring sports at Glenville? Then, he will sit the 2nd half in that spring sport at Ed's.
So basically, if you’re only a football player, you can transfer out to a public school for 1/2 yr and save $ on tuition, then transfer back just for football? That’s moronic.

Let’s also pretend like they would’ve bent over backwards to admit any non stud football player 2 weeks before school.

IMG_6188.jpeg
Accurate

So basically, if you’re only a football player, you can transfer out to a public school for 1/2 yr and save $ on tuition, then transfer back just for football? That’s moronic.

It would be the same if they were a soccer player. Like I said, I don't claim to be an expert. There might be more to this. I've never heard of someone transferring out mid school year then re enrolling the next year. You would think that would be a no brainer to be ineligible, but again since he didn't play football at Glenville that must be the reason.

It's one thing to come on here and give opinions, whine a bit, maybe even call out schools for doing things a certain way. That's all relatively harmless and the powers that be at these schools have way more important things to worry about than what's said here, at least one would hope.

But calling OHSAA and potentially interfering with someone's job can cross the line, and make people upset. But you're a big boy, so whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.