Jason Whitlock

Yorktown

Jason Whitlock left Fox Sports and his show Speak for Yourself.
He is working on growing his independent platform.
He states in this article that he is neither a Dem or Repub. He is not in step with the Dem/lib narrative so I’m sure he is labeled an Uncle Tom by them.

I really don’t find his positions all that unique:

1. Anti Black racism is pervasive. He is stating the obvious.
2. He is anti homosexuality. Anybody who says he loves his heterosexuality thinking too much about the alternative.
3. He hates social media. Many people do. In his case, it is likely driven by what he does for a living as it can be seen as a threat.
4. He criticizes political extremism and and being a conservative, he obviously targets liberals.

I do find it interesting that he is starting an independent platform. I wonder how he is targeting as his customers?

A truly great article. Would be interesting to see how many people have their opinions changed by reading the article. Probably not many because most have bought in to this new narrative over the last decade.

I'm not sure that his positions are unique either, but I like that he has the balls to say what needs to be said. He has a platform to speak out against things that other people of color agree with, but are afraid to be shouted down for saying and he is using it. Progressives love keeping people (black, brown, white, whoever) poor and in urban areas because it fits the agenda they are trying to sell.

There's a very large part of the african american (can I say that?) community that thinks like Whitlock but their voices are drowned out by the mob. Search for Denzel Washington's comments on the subject and ask yourself why does nobody on CNN or MSNBC search him out for comments? Well they actually do but normally it's a liberal reporter from Hollywood trying to get him to say something bad about conservatives but he'll generally show up the reporter.

Last edited:
Amazing article and insight.
I enjoy reading articles that make me thing about things I hadn't previously.

I just had the time to look into this. Whitlock has joined Clay Travis on his subscription site. Costs $99 a year. Travis is kind of a nut job who has a pretty checkered history in the industry. I'm kind of surprised Whtilock joined up with him but the money must be good. They definitely pander to a certain demographic.

I just had the time to look into this. Whitlock has joined Clay Travis on his subscription site. Costs $99 a year. Travis is kind of a nut job who has a pretty checkered history in the industry. I'm kind of surprised Whtilock joined up with him but the money must be good. They definitely pander to a certain demographic.

In my opinion it was a well thought out article.
Nor sure what your issue is with it?

In my opinion it was a well thought out article.
Nor sure what your issue is with it?
I don't have an issue with it. I always take paid opinion pieces from pundits with a grain of salt. Those folks always have an audience they are marketing to.

I don't have an issue with it. I always take paid opinion pieces from pundits with a grain of salt. Those folks always have an audience they are marketing to.

I know he is getting paid, however his piece was to well thought out to be useless pandering in my opinion.

I know he is getting paid, however his piece was to well thought out to be useless pandering in my opinion.
I don't think it is useless pandering. I just think when you are selling subscriptions and marketing to a specific demographic, your content gets tailored to your audience.

I've followed Whitlock for years, he of course was originally a reporter with the Charlotte and KC papers before landing a job at ESPN and then bouncing to Fox. When ESPN decided to get really liberal, Whitlock's ideals clashed and he looked elsewhere. I think Fox started out as a counter to ESPN's liberal side, but it seems like Fox is starting to move that way as well.
For some reason, we've transitioned journalism from reporting the facts, to now controlling the narrative. The corona virus is a great example. TV/ Radio news are more interested in keeping things on the forefront, getting clicks and highlights.

The thing I like about Whitlock is he's a straight shooter. He doesn't fall in line with the black woe is me thought. He played college football, he's been through corporate media companies. The more you tell people they can't do something, the less incentive they have to make it work.

Clay Travis is very good. He and Whitlock make a good team. Travis, with a lawyer background, sticks to the facts. At this time we need more substance than style, we have too many that just watch and listen to the daily news and only see what they want to be told.

I can't? I just did. It's not worth any more of my time. The whole thing is trash - the whole damn thing. Can't believe you suckers lap this kind of nonsense up.

I am going to call you out. What SPECIFICALLY do you disagree with?????

Some quotes you think are trash, since the whole thing is according to you.....

Do my public actions glorify God and country? Do they bring honor to my parents, my family and the other people who have assisted my journey?

Trust me, I’m well aware that I have fallen short of my goal from time to time. I’ve made some awful public decisions and have some vices that have been hard to shake.
But I try to present myself and ideas from the perspective of Christian American. That’s what I believe in. I firmly believe I would sacrifice my life before disavowing Jesus Christ as my personal savior. I also believe I have the courage to surrender my life in service of my country.

I love being black, especially here in America. I love our narrative and journey and what it says about the strength of our descendants and the redemptive power of a constitution that guarantees freedom. Being successful and black gives me enormous confidence and contributes to my faith. I’m not bothered by the pride of white men because I relate to that feeling. I have the same pride in being a black man.

Social media’s priorities are vastly different from mine. Social media is secular. Secular means an attitude with no connection to religion or spirituality. Social media is not patriotic. It’s hostile to American power. Social media is easily manipulated by foreign interests.
There’s great synergy to all the characteristics valued by social media. They serve one master, progressive politics. I’m trying to live a life that serves a different master, a master who isn’t even on the priorities list of the architects of social media, God.

Racism is a standalone word, deed and emotion. It respects no boundaries, no political affiliations. Anyone who tells you otherwise is naive or intentionally deceiving you.

Ali had Malcolm X and Elijah Muhammad to guide him. Today’s athletes have fallen under the spell of Ralphie Dolezal King.
No wonder nine questionable police shootings of black men in a calendar year pass as definitive proof of a genocide plot operated by the Fraternal Order of Police. No wonder all the evidence LeBron James needed to say black men are hunted and killed every day and every time we step out of the house is two hillbillies shooting and killing a black trespasser.

Black Lives Matter is pushing the idea of defunding and/or disbanding the police. It’s lunacy. Violent crime rates, including murder, will and are skyrocketing in black inner-city communities where police face such a toxic level of hostility it’s impossible for them to effectively do their jobs. The adverse ramifications of the solutions advocated by BLM are so obvious that only an anti-black bigot would support them.

I

I think you'll find that Travis and Whitlock pander to the silent majority. There are more out here that think like they do than don't.

I've followed Whitlock for years, he of course was originally a reporter with the Charlotte and KC papers before landing a job at ESPN and then bouncing to Fox. When ESPN decided to get really liberal, Whitlock's ideals clashed and he looked elsewhere. I think Fox started out as a counter to ESPN's liberal side, but it seems like Fox is starting to move that way as well.
For some reason, we've transitioned journalism from reporting the facts, to now controlling the narrative. The corona virus is a great example. TV/ Radio news are more interested in keeping things on the forefront, getting clicks and highlights.

The thing I like about Whitlock is he's a straight shooter. He doesn't fall in line with the black woe is me thought. He played college football, he's been through corporate media companies. The more you tell people they can't do something, the less incentive they have to make it work.

Clay Travis is very good. He and Whitlock make a good team. Travis, with a lawyer background, sticks to the facts. At this time we need more substance than style, we have too many that just watch and listen to the daily news and only see what they want to be told.
Travis is a hack. He does not stick to facts. The lynch mob he spun up on Greg Schiano was not based on any facts.

Good for you...? ?‍♂️

I'm not exactly sure what part of "The whole thing is trash - the whole damn thing." was unclear to you.

I highlighted them for you. So you support ideas that make you an anti-black bigot, correct?

Black Lives Matter is pushing the idea of defunding and/or disbanding the police. It’s lunacy. Violent crime rates, including murder, will and are skyrocketing in black inner-city communities where police face such a toxic level of hostility it’s impossible for them to effectively do their jobs. The adverse ramifications of the solutions advocated by BLM are so obvious that only an anti-black bigot would support them.

I highlighted them for you. So you support ideas that make you an anti-black bigot, correct?

No....what they are really doing is seeking systematic reform. Nobody is really for the elimination of law enforcement. You are just being a sucker to the buzz words.

No....what they are really doing is seeking systematic reform. Nobody is really for the elimination of law enforcement. You are just being a sucker to the buzz words.

Systemic, like raising your own kids, staying in school, marrying the mother of your chid(ren), not commiting crimes?
That my friend is the real systemic issue, not a few bad cops.

I don't accept the validity of what he's saying in the first place. Frankly, a large portion of what he wrote came off more as repackaged talking points that he has convinced himself will resonate with certain segments of the population than something that he has any real meaningful convictions about.

It's garbage. Into the trash it goes.

Into the garbage, like 70% of black fatherless children, say their names,

No, into the garbage like all of the other disingenuous pandering puff pieces that I don't care to take seriously. Good grief. So much misguided self-righteous indignant rage. I'm not fooled - I know you that you're just putting on a show to try to "own some lib". Take your fake virtue signalling song and dance and try it on someone who isn't paying attention, lunatic. ?

You care so much about .01 percent of black lives, you are a true hero.

Keep up the great work, phony.

Oh yeah, say their names cause it's systemic and privilege and stuff:poop:

Sorry I didn't take your horse seriously. ?‍♂️

Likewise, keep up the good fight.
Let's keep focusing on a few bad cops, instead of 99.99% of the real issues.

Stolen from another thread, I think you clowns are getting scammed,

BLM Global Network spent $899,000 on travel, $1.6 million on consulting and $2.1 million on personnel costs during its 2017, 2018 and 2019 fiscal years, the financial statements show, together comprising 83.3% of its total spending during the three year period. BLM Global Network granted $328,000 to outside organizations, which include local BLM chapters, during that same time frame, a figure that represents about 6% of its total spending.

Last edited by a moderator:
Travis is a hack. He does not stick to facts. The lynch mob he spun up on Greg Schiano was not based on any facts.
Not sure of the Shiano stuff, but listen to his daily corona updates. He's been dead on.

Don't be an idiot. I myself am "incorporated" for my own profession, and the budget for that "company" would appear very bizarre at first glance. It's basically just the way things were organized for tax purposes by their outside accounting people. They explained as much, stating that those statements are not necessarily representative of their actual operations when you look at the larger picture. I'll grant you that there are legitimate concerns about transparency (many have come from the left), and those need to be addressed in a larger sense, but what you're pointing at and trying to play gotcha games with isn't really interesting.

So tax fraud, on top of being a self serving fraudulent "organization"
Gives a whole new meaning to organized crime.

Systemic, like raising your own kids, staying in school, marrying the mother of your chid(ren), not commiting crimes?
That my friend is the real systemic issue, not a few bad cops.
I thought we were talking about black people not red neck white trash.