Hornets bball 2011 2012

basketballlove

higland has a senior transfer coming into the 20111-2012 basketball season. Point guard (6'1) 180 will be playing for coach marcinko. at least thats what rumor is. if so will bring great strength for highland this year and will probly be best bet to turn the team around, started point every year for Cleveland benedictine. didnt score much for benny but look for a lot to be done this year.

The point guard will help, but this team will still struggle. I have heard that Chad Sedio is not playing this year to focus on baseball. He supposedly has a scholarship to Miami (OH) for baseball. I still see a lack of talent in Hornetland. They will probably finish in the bottom 3 of the SL.

Sedio has already committed to Miami for baseball. Losing him would really hurt... That said, with Adams and the rest of a pretty strong junior class progressing along with this new PG, this team could make some serious strides compared to where Highland hoops has been the last 6 years.

Sedio has already committed to Miami for baseball. Losing him would really hurt... That said, with Adams and the rest of a pretty strong junior class progressing along with this new PG, this team could make some serious strides compared to where Highland hoops has been the last 6 years.

Strong junior class? Since when? When Adams was a frosh on the varsity the rest of that class maybe won 2 games as freshmen. Then they struggled again as sophomores on the JV. I have always seen that as a down class aside from Adams. I HOPE they can make some strides this year, but I don't see the talent to make it happen.

Who have the Hornets scrimmaged? I heard that there is chatter that they will contend for a SL title this year!?!?!

IMHO, that would be inaccurate "chatter." they scrimmaged Independence and Amherst Saturday. Both were weak, so the Hornets looked good. They had Berea and Middleburg Heights last week. I think they may have seen Midview and Rhodes. Nothing spectacular.

They are really young. The best point guard is a freshman, and you can expect they will struggle as he adjusts to varsity basketball. I don't think they will start any seniors, and there will be 2 freshmen and a sophomore getting significant minutes. There are only one (maybe 2?) seniors on the roster. I seriously doubt they can contend this year, or even win half of their games. I see them somewhere between 5 and 9 wins. If they do, that is improvement in my book. It is one thing to win 6 or 7 games with a bunch of seniors as opposed to the same record with a bunch of underclassmen. I have low expectations for this year, but at least a glimmer of hope for next year and beyond.

Hornets sit at 8-10 with Smithville and Wadsworth left. They probably won't make it to .500 and they will likely be one-and-done in the tournament, but I see improvement and hope for the future with this youth movement. Let's hope a couple of those JV kids can move up and contribute a little next year to provide some depth and outside shooting off the bench. The Hornets have a realistic chance to compete next year. Should be fun.

Well guess you were wrong, 10-10 a good year.Highland with there whole starting 5 back will compete with nordonia, copley for the league title.

Well guess you were wrong, 10-10 a good year.Highland with there whole starting 5 back will compete with nordonia, copley for the league title.

Glad to be wrong! The upsets of Green and Wadsworth made the difference. Hornets should be competitive in 2012-2013. Nice work by the players and coaches. :clap: :clap: :clap: