Highland vs Rocky River (Week 1)

I like the Hornets to come away with a victory tonight. But I do not think it will be as convincing as others have suggested on various threads. Highland's defense has looked fairly strong in the preseason, and I think it will be the defense that carries them in the early part of the season. The passing game will be a work in progress - particularly if the QB position remains unsettled. The kicking game is a possible trouble spot.

On the bright side for the offense, Maslowski gives the Hornets the ability to strike fast from anywhere on the field. Kronenberger looks to be a real weapon at wide-out if they can pass block long enough for him to get down field.

Rocky River should be decent. If the Hornets make mistakes and turn the ball over, Rocky River should be good enough to capitalize and pull off an upset. But Highland should be the better team. My prediction is Highland 20 Rocky River 16.

I like Highland by a 14ish.

Two things I am really curious to see:
Passing game on offense
Line play

If our offensive line can give Maz room to work this season, look out. Definitely a group that needs to come together fast and strong for us to meet our potential this season. Defensively, really hope the interior line can create enough problems allowing Phillips and Bernhard to make plays. I'm a bit more confident in our ends...

Kronenberger at WR really appears to give us a solid option. Phillips should give our QB's a good option as well to pass to. Serafin and Maz coming out of the backfield to catch passes is really something that could be crucial to this season. Maz would be deadly on screens if we can create space for him. Serafin as well. Of course, it all comes down to our QB's. No turnovers.....

That is, as always, a big key tonight. If we don't turn it over, I don't think RR can play with us. Let's hope for clear skies!

Box Score

Final 1st 2nd 3rd 4th T
Medina Highland 7 13 7 7 34
Rocky River 0 7 0 0 7

1st Quarter
MH - Maslowski 15 run (Nesic kick)
2nd Quarter
RR - Brown 3 run (Krause kick)
MH - Scholle 23 run (kick failed)
MH - Maslowski 42 interception (Nesic kick)
3rd Quarter
MH - Maslowski 1 run (Nesic kick)
4th Quarter
MH - Kronenberger 12 pass from Scholle (Nesic kick)