Head Baseball Job Openings?

Tipp Board hired Cam Dickens last night to replace the last guy (not sure what sap they had after Cahill).

Played at CJ, coached in the Miami Valley Prospects org (not sure if that is good or bad given that org...), assisted at TCN and was a teacher at Yellow Springs at one point (dont believe he's there now).

Tipp Board hired Cam Dickens last night to replace the last guy (not sure what sap they had after Cahill).

Played at CJ, coached in the Miami Valley Prospects org (not sure if that is good or bad given that org...), assisted at TCN and was a teacher at Yellow Springs at one point (dont believe he's there now).
Asst Coach at CJ the past two years also.

Whoa, spooky I just got assigned three games there like ten minutes before I saw this. Not sure what is going on. Awfully interesting timing.
The coach saw he had you as his umpire and resigned.

James Franco Flirt GIF

I've heard nothing but good things about Coach Dickens. Hopefully they give him the opportunity to make the program his own and allow him to use his experience to give them a chance to be more successful going forward.

I've heard nothing but good things about Coach Dickens. Hopefully they give him the opportunity to make the program his own and allow him to use his experience to give them a chance to be more successful going forward.
I hope so, too, and the fact the two crazies are getting off the board should help.

I heard Piqua's baseball coach is leaving because he took a new job. That could be an interesting position. They have talent.

I heard Piqua's baseball coach is leaving because he took a new job. That could be an interesting position. They have talent.
This was confirmed this morning. He is leaving for a new job, and his sons are in 12th and 8th so it must have been a wonderful opportunity.

Did they fill the position? Good Luck to him, sounds like maybe a good opportunity for the family overall!
Nothing yet. However, Covington coach Andy Johnson is a long-time teacher at Piqua HS. Not sure if interested though being that he's a Covington Alum and his sister is the AD.

Seems like this has slowed down, hopefully everyone is getting to work already for the season!

Any positions that are known to be open in the next season or two? Guys moving on or retirement on the horizon?

Seems like this has slowed down, hopefully everyone is getting to work already for the season!

Any positions that are known to be open in the next season or two? Guys moving on or retirement on the horizon?
The Baseball Coach at Oak Hills this season is Coaching for 1 season then gonna watch his Son Play in College next yr. He told the AD and School Board this when approached about the Position is my understanding.

The Baseball Coach at Oak Hills this season is Coaching for 1 season then gonna watch his Son Play in College next yr. He told the AD and School Board this when approached about the Position is my understanding.
Good for him! That is an exciting time as a parent for sure, I hope he embraces that time.

I heard Bill Sturwold resigned as Bradford’s baseball coach this weekend. Never heard of a coaching quitting during the season. He took them to the regionals just last year.

I heard Bill Sturwold resigned as Bradford’s baseball coach this weekend. Never heard of a coaching quitting during the season. He took them to the regionals just last year.
Hot Head Sturwold? Yeah something unconfirmed about a kid he said was allowed to miss a game and then he changed his mind the day of, then got all pissed off and threatened the kid, then parents called him and Sturwold went off and quit after he ignored the AD and other leadership.

I like the intensity of his games and how his kids play but at some point HE needs to look at himself and realize that HE is part of the problem. At Fort Loramie he had major issues and it's not the current generation being soft; he crosses the line immediately and doesn't get it. And no one in those small towns is willing to step up and explain this to him (well, other than the FL board who fired him).

Told his team via group text thread, 2 hours before they were to play Greenville on Saturday morning.