Green to the Federal League?

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Seems to be alot of chatter about Green having interest in joining the Federal League?

Any truth to this? If so, good idea?

They should stay in the SL. Once they dominate the SL, they can contemplate the move. Before then, I think it is just a move to try and make more money, simple as that. It definitely won't be to have a chance to win more titles.

They should stay in the SL. Once they dominate the SL, they can contemplate the move. Before then, I think it is just a move to try and make more money, simple as that. It definitely won't be to have a chance to win more titles.

We win the All Sports Trophy about every year in the SL. So we may not dominate in your eyes but in the whole sports realm we are extremely competitive. It is about the money, have you ever tried to balance a budget that operates in the hole from the beginning of the school year?

WHen I say dominate, I am talking about the sports that matter, Football and Basketball, the $$$ makers. Obviously, they are not the sports dominating because they are starting the years off in a hole. THey would get punished by the week after week grind in the Fed. The SL is a solid league that green fits perfectly into. People talking about travel are just trying to think up excuses to get out. You have Cloverleaf which is about 35 minutes and Nordonia which is about 35 minutes at most, Highland might be 45-55 minutes. Travel is what it is, it is not like they are travelling across the state. Competition is the name of the game and the SL provides that the best for Green.

To the FED? Give me a break Pride.
Look at sports across the board:

Football- we all know that even with their best team, they would fight to try to be near the top of the league and not even talking win it

Basketball- showed this yr that we can compete, but get serious Lake, N. Canton, Jackson, McKinley twice a year

Baseball- This year, enough said

Track- Not even close, that is an extremely competitive league and we would be the middle of the pack

Volleyball- Near the bottom

Softball- Near the bottom

We are a good fit in the Suburban League because the teams are fairly equally balanced. WE WOULD struggle to fight to even make a mark in the FED and anyone who says otherwise is just blinded by their own skewed outlook or believing that Green has arrived.

Don't get me started on facilities and comparing them to the FED!

-and the budget argument

Sure you make $$$ when the team does well, but how much $$$ will you make in week 6 of the football season when the team has not won a game in the suburban league, or the basketball team that has lost half the games, or when the baseball team etc. track etc. and so on.

Balance the budget-give me a break. Are you seriously thinking that we will make more $ in sports in the FED at the bottom as opposed to competing in the top of the Suburban league every year?

NOT A CHANCE!!!

sorry-I am just sick of the budget talk! I meant to say not winning in the FED league above!

If your favorite school WAS Green go post about your new favorite school. You are very ignorant about our boys and girls basketball programs. Softball and baseball programs (down one year, what you ccan never have ONE bad year or you suddenly can't compete, are you fricken kidding me?) Do you know our baseballs history? Boys and girls track have been one, two forever? Most people over rate the other sports in the Fed, not saying football isn't extremely strong but I also remember Wadsworth going to a first round game and beating the Fed champ in Glenoak, nobody game them a chance and they won (kinda easilly). Guess what, Wadsworth didn't even win the SL that year! What exactly do our facilities lack compared to Lake, Glenoak, Perry?????

sorry-I am just sick of the budget talk! I meant to say not winning in the FED league above!

I bet you are sick of the budget talk, maybe we'll put you in charge of balancing it. How would you like to start your year at your household knowing that at the end of the year you and your wife will bring in $100,000 but your bills will be $120,000? You can be sick of it all you want it is what it is. Lets keep playing the Leaf, Revere, etc. that bring in $5,000 per game or GO, Lake, Jackson that bring in $17,000.

I may be ignorant about basketball, oh wait a second the boys have not won a Suburban league title in over 15 years-yeah must be ignorance. I do know our baseball programs history and it is good, except our records against the FED teams where they almost have a 2-1 advantage over us. Yep you are right about track as well, at the top of the Suburban league and yet again will get smoked by the FED.

You are under the same misguided judgement that clouts our city! You think your kid is better then the people who play in front of them so you complain, you think we magically can compete against schools that have continuously beat us over and over again (with a few exceptions), and really think that our gates will bring in that much money week in and week out. I said it before and I'll say it again, you will make that much money in the gate IF you are winning. You complain about playing the Leaf and Revere because they are not good across the board in sports and don't travel well, resulting in lower revenue-GUESS WHAT, Green will become the Leaf and the Revere of the FED and what happens to your predictions of $17,000 a game then?

Oh and thanks for bringing in my wife an our income, we actually do know how to balance or budget, so yes maybe the school should take note. Oh and by the way, maybe if the school needed to balance the budget so much they should ask the booster club for some of their stash! (that would easily cover the $20,000 shortage you speak about a few times through)

Green might just need a transformation of their image. THat is all. What I mean by that is that looking at the other schools in the SL, they all have an image that they wear whether they want it or not. I think of Revere, and they have the uppity, lawyer/ doctor/ medium-sized business owner mentality that average in atheltics is okay, they just wantto be competitive. No one really stirs the pot, they know what they have and they deal. Tallmadge has that gritty, hard-nosed, blue-collar attitude that they are going to win every time they walk on the field or court in any sport, whether they are good that year or not. They just carry themselves that way every time I have seen them play any sport; not conceited, but confident. And that is coaching and attitude. Wadsworth is the same way as Tallmadge and they are very similar communities, although Wadsworth is growing much faster and is bigger. They have a confiedence that they carry about them, much like Tallmadge. Cloverleaf is what they are, they are some hard-working farmers who know the value of hard-work, they just don't always have the talent pool. Highland is the up and comer, the community that is growing and the $$ to support the programs. Green, though, to me, tries to walk what they talk, but they can't. Some people are so fixated on this "Division 1" classification that it blinds them. Tallmadge, Wadsworth, Highland, Nordonia, and the rest, I never hear crappo0lla about them talking about their division or who they should play because of the division they are in. They just go and PLAY! Green has this egomaniacal attitude that they are due something becasue they have a great community and great facilities for their athletics. Facilities do not win games! Hard work, dedication, desire, unselfishness, preparedness, technique and fundamentals win games. Sorry to rant on here, but these are just things I have witnessed in the time I have followed Green. I love the community of Green, but I just feel that they have a sense of entitlement that because they have things that other schools do not have or that other athletes at other schools do not have, they feel that they are entitled to win or they should win. and definitely, money does not win games. I know of many City Series schools that have no money, both the players and the programs themselves, yet they compete and have excelled at the highest levels in all sports. They have that mind-set that while I may not have the $$ that the players I am competing against have or all of the electronic gadgets that they have, but those things do not matter on the field of play; I am going to beat them with my skill, my hardwork, my preparedness, my technique and my fundamentals, and I definitely do not care if they are a Division 1 program or a Division 5 program, I am going to give it my all for my teammates, my family, my community, my coaches, and myself!

Now, I need to go give my next sermon at Joel Osteen's church in Texas.

Last edited:
I may be ignorant about basketball, oh wait a second the boys have not won a Suburban league title in over 15 years-yeah must be ignorance. I do know our baseball programs history and it is good, except our records against the FED teams where they almost have a 2-1 advantage over us. Yep you are right about track as well, at the top of the Suburban league and yet again will get smoked by the FED.

You are under the same misguided judgement that clouts our city! You think your kid is better then the people who play in front of them so you complain, you think we magically can compete against schools that have continuously beat us over and over again (with a few exceptions), and really think that our gates will bring in that much money week in and week out. I said it before and I'll say it again, you will make that much money in the gate IF you are winning. You complain about playing the Leaf and Revere because they are not good across the board in sports and don't travel well, resulting in lower revenue-GUESS WHAT, Green will become the Leaf and the Revere of the FED and what happens to your predictions of $17,000 a game then?

Oh and thanks for bringing in my wife an our income, we actually do know how to balance or budget, so yes maybe the school should take note. Oh and by the way, maybe if the school needed to balance the budget so much they should ask the booster club for some of their stash! (that would easily cover the $20,000 shortage you speak about a few times through)

Backer, if you rest the quality of our programs on just league titles then you're right. I, as most comment sense people do not. If a program has a winning record 9 out of 10 years but no league title then they are terrible and can't compete with the almighty Fed. Our basketball team had the most season wins in school history, beat 4 teams that won their league (didn't win the SL) so yes, they are a terrible program that can't play in the almighty Fed.

Oh and thanks for bringing in my wife an our income, we actually do know how to balance or budget, so yes maybe the school should take note. Oh and by the way, maybe if the school needed to balance the budget so much they should ask the booster club for some of their stash! (that would easily cover the $20,000 shortage you speak about a few times through)[/QUOTE]

I'm happy you and your wife know how to balance a budget but that wasn't how it was presented to you but way to defer.
And if you're one of the hardworking booster members raising that money you could bring up how they should spend their stash, if you are not then maybe you can donate countless hours that goes on very unappreciated and voice how its spent?

Pride, you do a great job deflecting and answering things that you only think are in your favor, but yes most wins in history, defeated 4 league champions, yada yada yada! Thanks for pointing that out. Can you tell me the record against FED teams in those previous 9/10 years? Oh yea look it up it is not in our favor, not even close.

I believe the decision has already been made to go to the FED sadly, and you will see, and then make excuses and then complain about something else. That is how most parents in our community do it! I am realistic about what we can and can't do and don't live in the fantasy land that you and many others do.

Oh and by the way I did not see you at the meeting last month, if you really want to see a good show watch the blind leading the blind or should I say the money leading the brownnosers.

Pride, you do a great job deflecting and answering things that you only think are in your favor, but yes most wins in history, defeated 4 league champions, yada yada yada! Thanks for pointing that out. Can you tell me the record against FED teams in those previous 9/10 years? Oh yea look it up it is not in our favor, not even close.

I saved you some time Pride, we are 8-8 the last 8 years, thats all I found was the past eight. Boy you nailed that Backer, I wasn't the best in math but pretty sure thats

Thanks for looking up the last 8 years. Maybe you should follow the conversation a little closer and look at the last 9-10 years, not just the 8. Oh and by the way in 10 years the record is 8-13, how is that winning percentage mathematician? Yea figure that one out. Use ODE as a measuring stick for passing OGT's and that is well above the 35% it takes to pass, so what the heck, let's go to the FED. I will no longer continue to even listen to how grand our basketball program is. We can't even win our darn league, but think we are good enough to go win another. Stop acting like we are the best in the league because we are NOT and will definitely not be in the FED.
Enough said period.

Thanks for looking up the last 8 years. Maybe you should follow the conversation a little closer and look at the last 9-10 years, not just the 8. Oh and by the way in 10 years the record is 8-13, how is that winning percentage mathematician? Yea figure that one out. Use ODE as a measuring stick for passing OGT's and that is well above the 35% it takes to pass, so what the heck, let's go to the FED. I will no longer continue to even listen to how grand our basketball program is. We can't even win our darn league, but think we are good enough to go win another. Stop acting like we are the best in the league because we are NOT and will definitely not be in the FED.
Enough said period.

Maybe you should cool off and realize you are free to move out of Green at any time! I said eight years was all I could find on max peeps. Therefore, read it twice if needed, I couldn't go back ten years. I hardly believe we went 0 and 5 the two years I couldn't find though. Nonetheless! I'm pretty sure that's close, especially since we are .500 the last eight, so tell me again how it's not even close? Oh and BTW, don't read into things more than what's there, nobody and nothing I have read leads me to believe anyone thinks we're the best in the SL or Fed. Name me one school that totally dominated a league in all sports and left for another, better league. Teams have the right to leave if they want and it's not because they have won on they can in their present league, it just doesn't happen that way!

IF you win, they will come. Meaning: if the money-generating sports are winning, the people in Green will show up in droves to support them. They will still whine and complain that each and every one of them could do a better job, but they will show up in the stands to domplain at least. Right now, football has started pretty well the past few years, but haven't been able to get it all together in the SL. I think they will be pretty solid this year in football. Defensively, they have a lot of guys back from a pretty solid defense for most of last year. Injuries hurt them, but they have guys coming around to fill it up.

Someone made the post over on football thread that Green is going to join the Fed. What a huge mistake for Green if this is true.

Money money money. If it happens it happens. Whats going on at the North endzone. Looks like they are replacing some turf. Does the pro team pay any money for the field use?

Looks like it's official pending BOE approval:

After a summer of researching its two options, Green Local Schools has decided to leave the Suburban League and become a member of the Federal League in the 2015-16 school year.

“After careful deliberation, I am excited to announce my recommendation to the Green Board of Education to join the Federal League,” Green Superintendent Jeffrey Miller II said

Read more: http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x1367230973/Green-to-join-Federal-League

I bet there are plenty of folks wishing we would have hired a more hard core tough head coach now, because now my fellow football fans they are gonna need it. The tone in the locker room before a game and at half time is all I needed to see. The head coach better loosen the reins on Rardin, the O-line coach, hes the only one with a clue on how to light a fire under these boys .

Since the football thread is overboard with Massilion nonsense as usual, I would just like to say goodbye and good luck to all the Green fans, parents, and players. Most of us from Tallmadge do truly wish you well. Its been a fun few years of banter on here and we will greatly miss our week 10 rivals. I hope this next few years of transition give us well played exciting games. Stay safe.

We will have 3 out of conference games. Theres 7 teams in the fed right now.theres no reason we couldnt play Tallmadge or wadsworth.