Good Riddance 2012; Welcome 2013!

Jhorgan

Moderated User
2013 will be a great year! Basketball is off to a great start, and they look to be getting better as they go. Baseball should be solid again. And then football will come back strong, and I look for them to be in the SL upper tier. Tallmadge loses a ton, Nordonia loses many athletes, Highland will be good again, unless they lose their coach to Hoban, then they could fall back down again. Wadsworth will be Wadsworth, battling hard every week. What do you all think?

2013 will be a great year! Basketball is off to a great start, and they look to be getting better as they go. Baseball should be solid again. And then football will come back strong, and I look for them to be in the SL upper tier. Tallmadge loses a ton, Nordonia loses many athletes, Highland will be good again, unless they lose their coach to Hoban, then they could fall back down again. Wadsworth will be Wadsworth, battling hard every week. What do you all think?

I may be wrong, but I think Green also competes in a sport called Wrestling or something like that....from what I hear they are fairly good.

YEah, absolutely. They grapple with the best of them! Wrestling is a very demanding and difficult sport, not trying to slight them! Ijust never bring up wrestling becase I didn't participate in it, othe than when I had to do it in PE. I never liked to put my hands on another man where my hands were never meant to be! But I know how tough and rigorous it is. How is the wrestling team doing?

And then football will come back strong, and I look for them to be in the SL upper tier. Tallmadge loses a ton, Nordonia loses many athletes, Highland will be good again, unless they lose their coach to Hoban, then they could fall back down again. Wadsworth will be Wadsworth, battling hard every week. What do you all think?

We'll see about the Tallmadge situation. There's pretty good talent with the current 2014 class. I know a few people who didn't play this year will be playing next year. They'll be good additions. Some sophomores who received some playing time on varsity. (Mertus, Siesel, Vass) They return Davis, Lowery, Aumont, Gidley and Bobby Clark. I bet they go back to a run based offense with Bobby. He's got power, speed and runs like Tyler Fortner. Lowery is a all state player on the line. They'll be the underdogs which is good but I'm not expecting a fall off at all. They have some good talent and with the coaching they have, they'll be just fine.

Tallmadge will be 5-5. Maybe.

They'll be predicted by the ABJ and every other know it all to go 2-8 because they lost a great class and a large amount of players. I think Bobby Clark is special. He'll be that "star" player. They have some experienced juniors returning and solid ones at that. They'll be going back to smash mouth, run it up the middle because we can football. They've got a lot to fill in but I think Coach Vass and company always finds a way to do so. I don't think they should be taken lightly.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. We got a basketball game this friday, should be close up until the ball is tipped off!

YEah, absolutely. They grapple with the best of them! Wrestling is a very demanding and difficult sport, not trying to slight them! Ijust never bring up wrestling becase I didn't participate in it, othe than when I had to do it in PE. I never liked to put my hands on another man where my hands were never meant to be! But I know how tough and rigorous it is. How is the wrestling team doing?

Wrestling team is doing great, I'll post their record here as soon as I get the stats. What's really compelling about the varsity wrestlers is that a majority of them moved to Green from other areas. Many of them have also opportunities to wrestle for other high schools (both private and neighboring public), but they have chosen to stay and wrestle for Green "to give back to the community who has given so much to them". It would be nice to see that community attend a meet once in a while. The kids know Green does not have the interest in wrestling that you see at Perry or Wadsworth or even Barberton, but they would like to have a few more fans supporting them. They have a home dual meet against Copley on 1/17/2013.

" I never liked to put my hands on another man where my hands were never meant to be! " - LOL...but I think that stereotype is done, read your national and local headlines...seems coaches from other sports are engaging in that sort of thing. :(

Just my take on why I didn't wrestle. I respect wrastlers immensely. It is a down-right tough sport which pushes one to the extreme of exhaustion. Plus, they have ot be ablw to keep their weight under check at all times, which is very difficult to do.

Along the same lines, I forced our high school team to go to a shotgun offense because I didn't want to put my hands up under some dude's keester to take the ball. My hands were never meant to go there!!!

Wrestling team is doing great, I'll post their record here as soon as I get the stats. What's really compelling about the varsity wrestlers is that a majority of them moved to Green from other areas. Many of them have also opportunities to wrestle for other high schools (both private and neighboring public), but they have chosen to stay and wrestle for Green "to give back to the community who has given so much to them". It would be nice to see that community attend a meet once in a while. The kids know Green does not have the interest in wrestling that you see at Perry or Wadsworth or even Barberton, but they would like to have a few more fans supporting them. They have a home dual meet against Copley on 1/17/2013.

Come to one of our 8-0 basketball teams games and tell me how many wrestling parents are there supporting them? It goes both ways!

Come to one of our 8-0 basketball teams games and tell me how many wrestling parents are there supporting them? It goes both ways!

Let's not make this a wrestling vs. basketball or swimming vs. bowling or chess vs. tiddlywinks debate. All Green student-athletes deserve support.

In any given year, the Bulldog Wrestlers only get one or two home meets, and as stated, the kids are aware that there is not the same type of interest level in Green that other sports , especially football, will have...that's life. They would be appreciative if perhaps maybe just for one meet "a few more" students, teachers, administrative staff, and perhaps some members of Green's vibrant retirement community come out and give them a little support, that's all. Parents from other sports are welcome also.

Last edited:
I agree, grapplerz, I would lik to see more peeps in the stands to witness a match. While I haven't gone to one yet, I do remember going to them when I was a bit younger, and they truly are exciting. And I didn't even go to a team's match that was very good. Only that my neighbor wrestled and we went to support him. The crowd really gets into it, and the level of exergy was much higher than I thought it would be. Good Luck to the Green grapplers and I hope I can make it to a match soon!

We'll see about the Tallmadge situation. There's pretty good talent with the current 2014 class. I know a few people who didn't play this year will be playing next year. They'll be good additions. Some sophomores who received some playing time on varsity. (Mertus, Siesel, Vass) They return Davis, Lowery, Aumont, Gidley and Bobby Clark. I bet they go back to a run based offense with Bobby. He's got power, speed and runs like Tyler Fortner. Lowery is a all state player on the line. They'll be the underdogs which is good but I'm not expecting a fall off at all. They have some good talent and with the coaching they have, they'll be just fine.

Hey, I love Bobby Clark, but he does not run like Fortner. This will be a very tough season. Some 2015ers are going to have to step up and be game changers or it could be a long year.

Clark is a good back, but he's no where near what Tyler was. Tyler had vision, size and break away speed. We haven't had that sense he left.

Tallmadge will be 5-5 next year and 5th in the league.

Aren't they also replacing a 2 guards, a center, a tackle and a pretty good blocking tightend? That's a lot to ask to replace for a running game.

GO to Tallmadge's threads to talk about Tallmadge. This is all about getting down and dirty on the wrastlin' mat for the B'dogs!! Well, it kind of is!

It looks like you have opened the thread up for discussion about next year's football season. You've mentioned several teams in the league and thus, we have discussed one. Can't help it if you guys can't join in the discussion.

Clark is a good back, but he's no where near what Tyler was. Tyler had vision, size and break away speed. We haven't had that sense he left.

Aren't they also replacing a 2 guards, a center, a tackle and a pretty good blocking tightend? That's a lot to ask to replace for a running game.

Agreed, I wasn't trying to make it seem like they were identical in talent or size. Tyler was a freak; bad comparison. I guess I just have blind faith in them doing well. Hoping all goes well next season.

Who do you think The Mighty Blue Devils will lose to?

Green hoopers at 10-0, stay healthy and who knows what can happen?!

How that wrastlin' comin' along, Grapplerz? Need to get to one match at least, but gotta work the evenings to pay the bills, you know?!

By the way, I heard a rumor that I do not believe is right, but has anyone heard that Green's AD Bruce Johnson is leaving? Not even through 1 year and already done? I don't think it is true, but has anyone else heard this?

The only wrastlin that matters is WWE

If you believe that, then Green Wrestling is to be seen as ranking in your realm of interests. You see, some of the Bulldog wrestlers also train from time to time in the disciplines of Sambo and Shooto with instructors who trained under such individuals as Gene LeBell and Roddy Piper. So it would seem that Green Wrestling matters.

Last edited: