GlenOak vs. McKinley

Clyde Frog

On Saturday our GlenOak Eagles take on the McKinley Bulldogs in what could be a huge stepping-stone for our team if we can somehow pull off the upset. McKinley's playing very well right now and is led by Mr. Football candidate Morgan Williams. Last week the GO offense struggled to get anything going in a 10-3 loss to Fitch to open the Federal League season.

Anyone have thoughts or opinions on this game? For the Eagles to pull off the upset we have to contain Williams. He's a beast and stopping him will be a monumental task for our defense. On offense Justin Szink is going to have to step up and make some plays, both throwing and running the ball. Both our offense and defense will have to play excellent in order for us to compete with the Bulldogs.

GO EAGLES!

McKinley is an amazing team and they can easily dominate any team that they come up against. GlenOak has had a rocky start this season and they still have a lot to prove. But one thing to keep in mind is that GlenOak is a fighting team and they have beat McKinley before. McKinley's defense runs a tight game which could be a problem because GlenOak's offense is lacking in push. Both teams like to run the ball up the middle and this could lead to a long and slow moving game. But still I believe that both teams have a lot of power and they will be able to shock the fans.

This game will be a very exciting one. I will be there this Saturday with the rest of the GlenOak fans to support our team. Best of luck to both teams :)

LET'S GO EAGLES!

In previous games that GlenOak has won we've had big plays on special teams. I remember Brian Hartline and Mike Henkel in 2003 both returning punts for touchdowns in a win against the Bulldogs. Hopefully we can play well on special teams in this game. The Eagles have speed, but so do the Pups, so the return games could play a big part in the outcome.

GO EAGLES!

Face it - u no it, everyone at GO knows it - they r goin 2 LOSE!!!
Face it - not tryin 2 sound harsh - just speakin the truth
the sooner u learn the better
i'll b there tho --- 2 c McKinley (and our team get murdered)
hahahahahahaha

28-3 McKinley took it to the Eagles. GlenOak got out on top early with a field goal from Chris Gage, but that was all the offense the Eagles could put together. McKinley had two players rush for over 100 yards in the game, which was a killer. The score could have been worse, so it's nice to see how GlenOak fought hard throughout the game, especially after last year's game. Hopefully we can carry some momentum into the game against Jackson and end the three-game losing streak.

Even though the Eagles lost I still enjoyed this game. I was impressed with how the team looked. They will get them next year ;)

Good Game, Go Eagles beat Jackson!