Glenoak Baseball

i dont realy follow baseball - but I know star basketball player TJ Sutton is battin 0.900 (10-11 --- i think) to start the season

We're 4-2 (3-1 in the Fed) right now. I'm not sure about individual statistics but the team is playing pretty well overall.

TJ's main sport is actually baseball. He's already getting looked at by some big time college programs so that's his bread-and-butter sport.

GlenOak's first game is on May 1st? I think? But their first home game isn't until May 5th. I'm going to try to make it to their first home game if I don't have to study for exams ;)

Does anyone have the baseball schedule for this season? I thought the team's played a few games by now but I haven't seen the schedule for this season yet.

I'm not sure that this is correct but this is the schedule that I have:

5/1 Away Jackson 4:30pm
5/3 Away Lake 5:00pm
5/4 Home Lake 7:00pm
5/5 Home Canton South 7:30pm
5/6 Home Green 7:00pm
5/8 Home Perry 4:30pm
5/9 Away Austintown Fitch 5:00pm
5/11 Home Austintown Fitch 5:00pm
5/18 Home North Canton Hoover 7:00pm
5/20 Away Canton McKinley 12:00pm
5/23 Home North Canton Hoover 4:30pm
5/25 Away North Canton Hoover 4:30pm
5/27 Away Canton McKinley 12:00pm

Was there any plans to build the baseball stadium on the land around the high school? That would be quite a complex having the baseball stadium right next to our new football (multisport) stadium.

I think eventually a baseball stadium at the high school would be nice but I don't know of any plans for building one in the near future. I think the stadium at the middle school is still in great shape so the administration's quite contempt with using that as the baseball stadium for a while.

GlenOak's first game is on May 1st? I think? But their first home game isn't until May 5th. I'm going to try to make it to their first home game if I don't have to study for exams ;)

Baseball season started awhile ago. I think most teams in the county have played at least 12 games already (give or take a few due to weather)

I had that same thought, radioman. I'll try not to make us feel too dumb right now, but according to the Repository the team already has it's first district tournament game scheduled for May 8th against Green at home. I think baseball season is well underway.:blush:

Thanks GOGE. I had no idea it was almost tournament time till today also. I need to figure out where to find the "who is playing who" and where.

Good luck to the Eagles on May 8th!

I had that same thought, radioman. I'll try not to make us feel too dumb right now, but according to the Repository the team already has it's first district tournament game scheduled for May 8th against Green at home. I think baseball season is well underway.:blush:

Oops, well I guess I am the dumb one, haha. The schedule I had was very wrong, sorry about that :blush:

Well, it seems like the GO baseball season is done for this season. The team lost, 12-1, to Green yesterday in the tournament. The team finished 8-8 on the season.

Oops...my fault guys. I didn't know the regular season was still going on. Thanks for the info, GBulldogs06.:thumb:

They will be playing Green again next Friday in a regular season game. That will also be the dedication of Joe Gilhousen Field. It is a well deserved honor.