GCL Coed 2024

It seems as if Fenwick is going down hill. Rumor has it the 2028 class only has 70-80 students. Back in 2010 the average were consistent around 120 students per class and now they can't even get 100. What a shame, they better figure something out quick or there will be no Fenwick left. Would not be surprised if the football team drops to division 5 this next year.

It seems as if Fenwick is going down hill. Rumor has it the 2028 class only has 70-80 students. Back in 2010 the average were consistent around 120 students per class and now they can't even get 100. What a shame, they better figure something out quick or there will be no Fenwick left. Would not be surprised if the football team drops to division 5 this next year.
Man that sucks. Like to see Catholic High schools succeed. Any idea why? McNicholas, where my 3 kids went, is going the opposite direction 200 or so Freshmen this year and close to that number for the Fall. Likely will be D3.

Man that sucks. Like to see Catholic High schools succeed. Any idea why? McNicholas, where my 3 kids went, is going the opposite direction 200 or so Freshmen this year and close to that number for the Fall. Likely will be D3.
It all starts with the admin. At one point (or currently) the top two fundraisers for Fenwick (festival and gala) were canceled, those play into recruiting big time.

My class at Fenwick around a decade ago was the 2nd largest in history in the 160 range.

Cranford is a good first step, but again, Admin has to follow

I see where mcnick is making the trip to stuby week one. Will be a big challenge. your always two tds down before the game starts. It's like a Mafia hit job, the refs are all from West Virginia.

I see where mcnick is making the trip to stuby week one. Will be a big challenge. your always two tds down before the game starts. It's like a Mafia hit job, the refs are all from West Virginia.
McNicholas coach Mike Orlando is from Stuebenville. Pretty sure he knows what to expect. The 2024 team should be pretty good. I’m sure he expects a competitive game. The Alter-Big Red result in the post season also gives me some hope.

Reno will put the team in a dungeon with the heat on. Hydrate and have tons of ice ready. Conditions will be brutal. Plan on several imaginary holding calls and a touch down or two called back.

Top down it was ugly for a while. Fenwick fest is back, John 23rd their biggest feeder had a downswing but looks to be doing decent. I think they have plans of starting back their own football program (they were with the Golden Bears for a few years due to participation) this year or next. The admin was just lazy for a while. Think they cancelled 8th grade day for a few years. Seems like they get it now but we'll see. McNick and Badin are thriving and Fenwick should be just as compelling with a lot of nearby schools to draw students from.

Badin to d2. Cj stays D3. Alter has another show down with CM region 16.
And McNick is D3. After reviewing the slate of Region 12 schools and what the Rockets return I think they have a shot.

From Tristatefootball.com:

DIVISION III, REGION 12
Sighs of relief sounded rang out when the coaches in Region 12 heard the news that Badin, Butler, Mount Healthy and Trotwood-Madison were all bumped up to Division II, Region 8. There is no clear-cut favorite(s) to win the Region 12 championship heading into 2024. This will be as wide open as any regional bracket in Ohio when the tournament starts in November. McNicholas may have moved up but they have a far better chance of winning the title in Region 12 than they would have had in Region 16.

Up to Division III, Region 12 from Division IV, Region 16: McNicholas, Batavia, Dunbar, Ponitz
Down to Division III, Region 12 from Division II, Region 8: Ross, Talawanda

Last edited:
Irwin, I think your right mcnick could win this region. Not a lot in there. Region 16 might be tougher. Trotwood maybe, but I think they graduated there QB.

Irwin, I think your right mcnick could win this region. Not a lot in there. Region 16 might be tougher. Trotwood maybe, but I think they graduated there QB.
Saw on another thread that the Rockets may be adding a couple of Junior transfers from St.X who are reportedly pretty good. Every little bit helps.

I grew up in Western Pa. so I’m familiar with Stuebenvilles pedigree. My HS never played them but we scheduled several that did.

Top down it was ugly for a while. Fenwick fest is back, John 23rd their biggest feeder had a downswing but looks to be doing decent. I think they have plans of starting back their own football program (they were with the Golden Bears for a few years due to participation) this year or next. The admin was just lazy for a while. Think they cancelled 8th grade day for a few years. Seems like they get it now but we'll see. McNick and Badin are thriving and Fenwick should be just as compelling with a lot of nearby schools to draw students from.
good old 10” oh well. Slogans and “tough rhetoric” seems to be the only thing of importance at the little Falcons right now. Oh and what travel socks and undershirts. I guess building the program up starting with apparel

Last edited: