GCL Coed 2024

Irwin20

It’s very early but teams are starting weightlifting for the 2024 season and it’s time to look ahead. Rockets have 35 Freshmen signed up according to reports. They had nearly 50 Frosh last season…probably low 40s by the seasons end. So participation is high. Frosh were 10-0 last season including wins over 3 D1 opponents and rivals Turpin , Anderson and Badin (twice. I expect a handful of sophomore starters from that group.

Bobo is one of the top returning QBs in the Coed and they will be solid at RB and WRs despite losing a few Seniors who were big contributors. I believe 3 or 4 offensive lineman return and the TE. Defensively they have an experienced group with 6-7 returning Seniors, a few 3 year starters.
McNick schedule will be difficult in the front end especially. They open in Stuebenville then host a very good Wheelersburg team. As of today they are still open week 3. Bacon and Purcell round out the the non league schedule. I see an 7-3 record depending who they pick up Week 3. Alter is obviously the team to beat in the Coed. I’ll predict McNick, Badin, CJ, Fenwick, Carroll finish 2-6 in the standings.

Badin hasn’t lost a Coed game in a long time. It will be a mini miracle if Yordy can do it this year. They have to replace pretty much everyone. I do know that Badin has its highest enrollment in 25 years

Badin is king until they are knocked off. Alter enrollment is up, but not significantly. They have a good group returning. QB & RBs will be dynamite. OL has a few coming back will need to solidify that group. Couple young prospects at WR. Defense has 6-7 starters coming back. Will miss great middle linebacker Heny R he seemed to make most all tackles last year. Yet defense should be stout. Can't make early prediction till they fill week 2 and 3. Have Trotwood and Bellbrook on schedule with gcl conference play, that shapes up to be a strong schedule.

Badin hasn’t lost a Coed game in a long time. It will be a mini miracle if Yordy can do it this year. They have to replace pretty much everyone. I do know that Badin has its highest enrollment in 25 years
Heck, they haven't lost a regular season game in a long time. I think it will be a little tougher to run the table this year. Their senior group won a lot of games, but they have some guys coming up. Yordy and his staff will have them ready. I think this is going to be a fun year in the GCL Coed. I look for CJ to take the next step and I won't be surprised in Cranford starts to right the ship at Fenwick. Could be a gauntlet for everyone those last 5 weeks of the season.

It’s very early but teams are starting weightlifting for the 2024 season and it’s time to look ahead. Rockets have 35 Freshmen signed up according to reports. They had nearly 50 Frosh last season…probably low 40s by the seasons end. So participation is high. Frosh were 10-0 last season including wins over 3 D1 opponents and rivals Turpin , Anderson and Badin (twice. I expect a handful of sophomore starters from that group.

Bobo is one of the top returning QBs in the Coed and they will be solid at RB and WRs despite losing a few Seniors who were big contributors. I believe 3 or 4 offensive lineman return and the TE. Defensively they have an experienced group with 6-7 returning Seniors, a few 3 year starters.
McNick schedule will be difficult in the front end especially. They open in Stuebenville then host a very good Wheelersburg team. As of today they are still open week 3. Bacon and Purcell round out the the non league schedule. I see an 7-3 record depending who they pick up Week 3. Alter is obviously the team to beat in the Coed. I’ll predict McNick, Badin, CJ, Fenwick, Carroll finish 2-6 in the standings.
There are 35 Freshman lifting currently. Remains to be seen if they all end up playing football. Not as talented or deep as the class ahead of them, but there are a few elite athletes in there and a lot of hard workers. We'll see.

2025 will be a very exciting time at Badin with the new sportsplex opening. They are breaking ground March 5 with a big ceremony. Will be so cool for the first set of players to play there. Looks like it will be a very nice venue

2025 will be a very exciting time at Badin with the new sportsplex opening. They are breaking ground March 5 with a big ceremony. Will be so cool for the first set of players to play there. Looks like it will be a very nice venue
Watching Fox19 this morning and they mentioned that Badin was having a ceremony this evening to begin? Construction of their new indoor football/soccer facility. The news lady probably just misread the monitor..it’s not an indoor facility correct?

Watching Fox19 this morning and they mentioned that Badin was having a ceremony this evening to begin? Construction of their new indoor football/soccer facility. The news lady probably just misread the monitor..it’s not an indoor facility correct?
You are correct, they are building a new stadium and athletic complex on top of the hill behind the school BUT it is not indoors.

You are correct, they are building a new stadium and athletic complex on top of the hill behind the school BUT it is not indoors.
I was pretty certain that wasn’t the case. I saw where it was a 15m dollar cost. I look forward to seeing it. 2025.?

I was pretty certain that wasn’t the case. I saw where it was a 15m dollar cost. I look forward to seeing it. 2025.?
Should be very nice when completed. A stadium, 2 turf fields and a weightroom was the last I had heard. Much needed at Badin, glad they were able to get this started. Stadium won't be ready until fall of '25.

If the Myrtle Beach Summer Slam Thread is any indication, Fenwick is the obvious front-runner, not only for the league but for all of D4. I also heard their tailgating is the best in the state by far.
This post is prime example of why there is so much loathing of Fenwick. This is written by a child's mind to inflame and garner a response. I guess its works I am responding. I feel I need to explain it to those few Fenwick fans that write these type of posts. It makes it hard to root for the Falcons and why they get the lion share of of grief on this site.

This post is prime example of why there is so much loathing of Fenwick. This is written by a child's mind to inflame and garner a response. I guess its works I am responding. I feel I need to explain it to those few Fenwick fans that write these type of posts. It makes it hard to root for the Falcons and why they get the lion share of of grief on this site.
I'm not a Fenwick fan or a Fenwick hater. I'm just someone who occasionally reads the funny Fenwick threads and finds them entertaining, so I was referencing one of those. I wasn't trying to get anyone upset.

I'm not a Fenwick fan or a Fenwick hater. I'm just someone who occasionally reads the funny Fenwick threads and finds them entertaining, so I was referencing one of those. I wasn't trying to get anyone upset.
That’s my stance on the Fenwick posters. They’re just messing around, sometimes they are witty, sometimes not so much. I don’t take them seriously. Occasionally they have a good take and give some insight about the Falcon program.

Last edited:
Sounds like some in this thread understand how to have fun on the internet... it appears some have never enjoyed the delicacy of a lukewarm modelo at El Rancho Grande on a Sunday at 11 AM.

Anyways, Fenwick loses some talent but I predict coaching will be better and injuries hopefully won't kill them nearly as bad this year. Probably about the same team as last year but on an upward trajectory as a program. With McNick and Alter both loking very strong a similar GCL season seems logical.

Rockets still looking for a Week 3 game.

Wyoming doesn’t want to do it (so far), D3 London is a possibility, rumor is they have even had contact with a team from Grand Rapids, MI.

Last edited:
Sounds like some in this thread understand how to have fun on the internet... it appears some have never enjoyed the delicacy of a lukewarm modelo at El Rancho Grande on a Sunday at 11 AM.

Anyways, Fenwick loses some talent but I predict coaching will be better and injuries hopefully won't kill them nearly as bad this year. Probably about the same team as last year but on an upward trajectory as a program. With McNick and Alter both loking very strong a similar GCL season seems logical.
the excuses seem to start earlier every football season for you little falcons

That’s my stance on the Fenwick posters. They’re just messing around, sometimes they are witty, sometimes not so much. I don’t take them seriously. Occasionally they have a good take and give some insight about the Falcon program.
I must have been in my cranky old man mood that day. 10 inch can ocasionally be funny, but don't tell him that

*us little falcons
here’s what I would do if I were you. Grab shaggy, Velma, heck scrappy do, confront directly who you think I am. You are nowhere close to even the socio-economic class or generation. It’s fun though, I love messing with your fantasy world. As the great philosopher once said, you’re insane in the membrane. Or maybe I am

here’s what I would do if I were you. Grab shaggy, Velma, heck scrappy do, confront directly who you think I am. You are nowhere close to even the socio-economic class or generation. It’s fun though, I love messing with your fantasy world. As the great philosopher once said, you’re insane in the membrane. Or maybe I am
It's a message board I'm not going to Doxx you, people should be allowed anonymity online IMO. I've dropped enough hints - you know we know who you are. Millennium tracks fraudsters online as a career, he figured you out in two seconds.

It's a message board I'm not going to Doxx you, people should be allowed anonymity online IMO. I've dropped enough hints - you know we know who you are. Millennium tracks fraudsters online as a career, he figured you out in two seconds.
Sounds like you, I mean millennium needs a new profession. Not sure what Daxx means though.

I look for Badin to be really solid. McNick's numbers are way up. I don't think Alter lost much. Don't know much about the rest of the league.

How many players will Fenwick lose next year. I would like to hear the confirmed ones leaving and the possible ones. Please let me know.

Well there goes this thread.
I'll get blamed but my original post was a simple prediction that Fenwick will be about as good as last year compared to the rest of the GCL. I'm happy to get back on track if anybody wants normal discourse (that means just stay out of it unless you have information Riley).

I'll get blamed but my original post was a simple prediction that Fenwick will be about as good as last year compared to the rest of the GCL. I'm happy to get back on track if anybody wants normal discourse (that means just stay out of it unless you have information Riley).
Bam…..knew I could pull it out of you. Cmon drop the last name, you know can’t resist. You can do it millenium