Garfield Vs. Hoban On 8/24/06

MAROON&GOLDBLOOD

TRUST AND BELIEVE

that this will be a interesting game this year. The roles of the teams are reversed. All the big name players are on the Knights side and the unknown is on the Rams side. So what is everyone's thought's and opinions on the game in 25 days. :thumb:

MAROON&GOLDBLOOD said:
TRUST AND BELIEVE

that this will be a interesting game this year. The roles of the teams are reversed. All the big name players are on the Knights side and the unknown is on the Rams side. So what is everyone's thought's and opinions on the game in 25 days. :thumb:

All the way with the city series............

Theres a reason the roles are reversed. The Hoban boys made themselves known by beating on those big-named rams. Things arent going to change either. A hoban line dominated garfields defense last year and this years line looks to be much better. Now with an experienced backfield and a big WR threat in DJ, who the rams should know quite well, looks to give the rams a long night. As for the defense, no need to talk about that. This is a defense that held Big Chris Wells to 1 td in 3 games.
Some names may have changed on the defensive side for hoban but the quality of the defense has not. This d reloaded.

This guy Dario in my opinion is a throwback type player...he reminds me of some former Ram standouts at Linebacker...Sean James...Shane Johnson...Dave Whiddon...he will flat out knock your head off and hand it to your family with a sadistic laugh and blood dripping from his fangs :eek:

Just watching him on junior film he reminds me of that...If the kid has progressed like you expect going from your junior to senior year........ :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!!!!!!!!

STRAP IT ON BOYS!!!!!!!! I would hate to be the fullback that has to block him on ISO----> :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: !!!!!!!!

Good Luck to both teams and to both Coach Orsini and Coach Sax...two very classy coaches!!!!

1. Don't say big names from last year. There was only 1.
2. From what I've heard on here, there is a lot of inexperience on the Rams part. They'll be some nerves in these guys and If they fall behind early, it could be a long night. But than again, people thought Hoban was gonna get smoked. And the OFFICIATING will always be a factor. Hopefully Hoban won't serve up any spaghetti dinners or have difficulties with the sprinklers.
Rams 13 Knights 10

1 2 3 4 Final Score
--------------------------------------------------
Garfield 0 6 7 7 20
Hoban 7 7 0 0 14

The first half I feel that Hoban will dominate on defense and move the ball well on offense. One long run will keep the Rams in the game, at half. The second half I think that the Rams will lock it down on defense and come up with some untimely turnovers by Hoban. The Rams will do just enough to get a lead late in the game. That's how I think it goes down on August 24.

Hoban won't have anyone to really key on and I think Garfields defense has improved from last years.

I've been keeping my eyes out a little bit looking for a Hoban thread to get a little info (Hoban visiting Mason Saturday, 9/23). Looks like a well-balanced, quality team.

Maybe we should stop blaming the refs and condition the team for once. That defense was sucking air in the 2nd quarter last year. I think we found the problem with garfield...they blame everything else but ignore the real problems.

The Rams will peterout in the second half because of a lack of conditioning that has been their trademark for the past several years.

Rams will be big but in no way will they be in football shape by the 24th.

At the Half:
Rams 7
Knights 14

Final:
Rams 7
Knights 28

Yoak will be held to about 40 yards in the first half but punish the Rams in the second and will finish with 140.

I don't think that Dario is a throwback linebacker, he has size, super speed, and football smarts and I think he gets up every morning saying that he's going to hurt somebody today. Back in the day, most of those guys didn't have the total package. This guy is that guy. He could be the best LB in the county. If you have never seen this guy play, it's a must. This guy is a major DI prospect to a "Linebacker" school, like OSU, Penn State or Miami.

GRPride86 said:
The Rams will peterout in the second half because of a lack of conditioning that has been their trademark for the past several years.

Rams will be big but in no way will they be in football shape by the 24th.

At the Half:
Rams 7
Knights 14

Final:
Rams 7
Knights 28

Yoak will be held to about 40 yards in the first half but punish the Rams in the second and will finish with 140.

I don't think that Dario is a throwback linebacker, he has size, super speed, and football smarts and I think he gets up every morning saying that he's going to hurt somebody today. Back in the day, most of those guys didn't have the total package. This guy is that guy. He could be the best LB in the county. If you have never seen this guy play, it's a must. This guy is a major DI prospect to a "Linebacker" school, like OSU, Penn State or Miami.

80% of the starting Hoban team have trained for speed and strength at HIT (High Intensity Training) in Green since football season was over last year. They are in top condition.
Quite a few of the seniors were at several College camps this summer. I know they will be a force to reckon with.
By the way, Dario is really a quiet, nice kid - he just loves to get to the ball-
If you are in his way- he'll probably let you know it!

I've been to HIT to check out that facility, I've also got the DVD they hand out. It is very impressive and is the future of youth sports.

From the ages of 11 to 18 this will be a must if you want to go to the next level.

GRPride86 said:
I've been to HIT to check out that facility, I've also got the DVD they hand out. It is very impressive and is the future of youth sports.

From the ages of 11 to 18 this will be a must if you want to go to the next level.

Rob Hinton is the owner 330 896 2200. Dario has worked with him for over 2 years. Yoak worked with him this past year and he is lean and fast!

My onhly worry was that the hoban team wouldn't take this garfield team as seriously as they did in years past. I am wrong. They break everything down with a KILL GARFIELD and have a new clock counting down the days till gameday. You can see it in their eyes, they want this.

GRPride86,

I'm confused...are you saying Dario is...or is not a throwback? As for those Ram Linebackers in the past not having the total package...I would have to agree about Shane Johnson because of his size...but Sean James and Dave Whiddon both had size and speed and were everything you expected a LB to be. I guess my reason for calling those guys throwbacks in not because of their physical numbers, but rather their attitude and the way they played the game....fast, furious, and ferocious!!!! I see those qualities in Dario!!!

Attitude wise I would say that he is a throwback, but I played with one of those guys you mentioned, Whiddon, and I like Dave a lot, but todays training and skill level is beyond what we had back then. Those guys had great raw talent. Dario is way beyond raw talent.

Dario is better than Chris Spelman was at this point in his football career.

Also, you forgot to mention Carlos Clipper and Mike Eritano as great throwbacks. But again not the total package.

No question athletes are better these days...I thought Dave was a great player and had the attitude to play the position (at the time)...I think part of that had to do with the fact it was instilled in him by his "position coach" at the time...

As far as comparing Dario to Thee Chris Spielman....I can't do that and I do not feel that Dario was, is, or will be better than Spielman as a senior. The best LB is the Canton/Akron are is the Tabron kid going to McKinley and he isn't as good as Spielman was. Plus, I think it is unfair to compare the two. That's just my opinion and I stand by it.

Side by side comparison between Tabron and Dario

DARIO TABRON

TACKLES 143 101
TACKLES FOR LOSS 21 18
SACKS 12 6

HT 6'1" 6'1"
WT 230 229
40 4.7 4.86
Bench 310 310
GPA 3.0 2.8
Offers Akron Ball State

That didn't post the way I wanted it to