football

28-14. Didn't see the Gahanna game but I like the stats...looks like GL scored a TD with 0:05 left in the game and had negative yards rushing.

East at home next week... win #2?

Scored it against the JVs. The defense was unmovable except for 2 plays in the 1st quarter and the offense finally clicked. I don't know how good/bad Gahanna is but Mason was very good tonight.

Scored it against the JVs. The defense was unmovable except for 2 plays in the 1st quarter and the offense finally clicked. I don't know how good/bad Gahanna is but Mason was very good tonight.
Looks like the Comets were just as good, if not better, against East. :thumb:

Princeton has the most speed Mason has faced since Trotwood. They also take shots down the field to their IU bound wideout McCants. The Comets will have to avoid giving up the big play. Mason will try to control the ball and not get into a track meet like Sycamore did with the Vikings.

As Coach Castner likes to say...the Mason players are now "on the bus" and the bus is "headed in the right direction." And the coaches are getting most of their guys "in the right seats" on the bus. I have always enjoyed Castner's mottos and sayings through the years. This guy bleeds green and loves coaching kids.

Princeton has the most speed Mason has faced since Trotwood. They also take shots down the field to their IU bound wideout McCants. The Comets will have to avoid giving up the big play. Mason will try to control the ball and not get into a track meet like Sycamore did with the Vikings.

That's what worries me about next weeks game. At least twice, East had the deep man open on the corner last night, but the pass was off. What helped the throw being off was the Comets defensive rush. If the Vikings QB gets time and their WR's get open deep like last night it could be along night for the Comets. IMO. :Ohno:

The Comets offensive still needs to score more in the red zone. If the QB to WR connection gets better (mid to long pass plays) then more points will be scored and the run game will improve also, with that pass threat. Way to many holding penalties and short route pass plays on third down. WR's need to get to the first down marker prior to the catch.

The score should have been 35-0 easily! :thumb:

Go Comets!!!