Football Uniforms Q?

Who actually makes the decisions on what the uniforms will be?

Why did they replace perfectly fine Gold uniforms with whatever the new ones are? Those are terrible. Who wanted Crusaders on the back like a pee wee team?

Also, the new gold pants are equally awful and the stripping on both are ugly.

Who makes any kind of marketing decision over there anymore?

Between the less then flattering logo to the not even close to consistent uniforms, it's just awful.

Whoever does that job at St. X has done a great job. If you notice, they use the SAME LOGO for everything...like it should be. Second, all their uniforms are consistent. Granted, they have adidas, which is, by far, the worst. But they are consistent.

Seriously, how hard is it to have 3 of the same tops and 3 of the same pants? If it were my call, I'd look at what West Virginia has done with their uniforms, considering they have nike and identical colors to us.

We can do better then this

Who actually makes the decisions on what the uniforms will be?

Why did they replace perfectly fine Gold uniforms with whatever the new ones are? Those are terrible. Who wanted Crusaders on the back like a pee wee team?

Also, the new gold pants are equally awful and the stripping on both are ugly.

Who makes any kind of marketing decision over there anymore?

Between the less then flattering logo to the not even close to consistent uniforms, it's just awful.

Whoever does that job at St. X has done a great job. If you notice, they use the SAME LOGO for everything...like it should be. Second, all their uniforms are consistent. Granted, they have adidas, which is, by far, the worst. But they are consistent.

Seriously, how hard is it to have 3 of the same tops and 3 of the same pants? If it were my call, I'd look at what West Virginia has done with their uniforms, considering they have nike and identical colors to us.

We can do better then this

I cannot agree more about your comments. What ever happened to the gold pants with navy blue tops? The uniform design today has a lot to be desired. That classic Moeller uniform look is gone. The Gold pants they wore this year were awful. By week 6 the blue striping was fading on most of the players. It was bad. Moe present blue pants and white jerseys look good. After that, the other combinations are embarrassing.

Kinda of hard to screw up a classic blue and gold Moe uni, but someone has managed to do it? Time to redesign the uni's!

I always thought Nike was the one who was responsible for transition to Navy.

I thought the new gold tops were ok and the pants not so much. I wouldn't mind a simple set up similar to what Lyod Carr's teams wore in the early 2000s at UM. The simple gold pants with blue M on the hip with black cleats always looks great IMHO.

The uniforms are ok but if they were going to change one it shouldn't have been the gold because they were the best ones imo. I think an all black uniform would look good if we could get Nike to do that for us.

The uniforms are ok but if they were going to change one it shouldn't have been the gold because they were the best ones imo. I think an all black uniform would look good if we could get Nike to do that for us.

Grey is the new black. I believe they wore the all grey uni combo vs Indy Pike a couple years back.

My point is there doesn't seem to be any kind of professional in charge.

There should be consistency, I don't care if it's royal blue or navy, as an alum who played football, I just wish someone could explain why nothing is consistent from the logos to the uniforms?

Surely, we can do better then the M with Moeller across it? Why isn't the Marianist Cross with the M the real logo?

Bush league, St. X and LaSalle have done a great job streamlining what their logos and athletic departments use for all uniforms.

Does anyone know who makes those decisions? We're the only NIKE sponsored school and I think it's an advantage that we don't utilize.

I am not sure if there is a person who is the directly responsible for this kind of thing in the athletic dept. In fact I don't know if there is much staff in the ath dept besides secretarial and AD himself. Sounds like a "director of marketing" type thing. I wouldn't be surprised if X has a full time staffer in charge of something like this.

We have always been behind on this kind of thing. The spirit shop never really had the best stuff and I particularly remember having pretty awful lettermen jackets when I was there, 04-08. So bad that no one ever bothered to get one or wear it if they had it.

The most simple and dry cut answer to this is that the school does not or chooses not to allocate the resources needed for this type of thing. The coaches and staff have their hands full trying to take care of the daily operations of things and don't have time to worry about "marketing."

Why not have multiple internships and student councils within the athletic department? It is free labor and brainstorming for Moeller and gives something else to add to kids college resume.

Oh my lord- you people are on here talking about uniforms (and captains!?) and not one post about the basketball team battling for the #1 spot vs. Oak Hills tonight. SMDH

At least they picked something and it appears are trying to do something to improve. I also liked how they had the NLI ceremony in the theatre and they have the background with the logo on it. It looks like a small college press conference. It is an improvement to when they had it in the conference room next to the gym or in the gym.

Not perfect but a good start.

I'm happy with it...at least there is one now.

I actually hope they utilize the navy and light blue in uniforms going forward.

About time, Moeller! Well done

I'm happy with it...at least there is one now.

I actually hope they utilize the navy and light blue in uniforms going forward.

About time, Moeller! Well done

Weren't you going on about the lack of consistency? Im fine with either just pick one and stick with it.

The M with Moeller through it was a "new" logo just a few years back when the new AD came in. That is all over the place ("Branding"). I see it on car windows, gym floor all Moeller gear and all around the school. Better yet the gold M on the football helmet is awesome! You show that helmet to anyone and they will say "Moeller". Moeller was branded with the gold M and the M with Moeller through it. We don't need to spend money, that we don't have, on a logo. Boy I wonder how many more will want to come to Moeller because of the new logo?

Weren't you going on about the lack of consistency? Im fine with either just pick one and stick with it.

Definitely want consistency, my hope is that this allows that to happen.

I never liked that it seemed each and every sport used a different logo. My hope is this logo ends that and is used school wide.

I suppose this also means we're now Navy, Light Blue and Gold? If so, I like the idea of adding baby blue to the mix. Makes us stand out against St. X and their use of Royal Blue.

How about wearing Navy most the time and have nike make us a few throwback unis with the light blue, stars down the pants ETC. Every sport could have a version of this if they wanted.

I also noticed the new logo on the helmet in the video. I'm assuming that if the new logo is on a helmet in the video that it will be on the helmets from here on out. Hard to believe we would change something (helmet) that has signified Moeller for over 50 years. Sad!

I also noticed the new logo on the helmet in the video. I'm assuming that if the new logo is on a helmet in the video that it will be on the helmets from here on out. Hard to believe we would change something (helmet) that has signified Moeller for over 50 years. Sad!

The new logo is fine. I get the whole branding thing. Moe can put them on everything, as I'm sure they will.

However DO NOT put them of the football helmet's. It's a 50 year tradition of one of America's most successful HS programs. If that happens the who branding thing will backfire because 9 out of 10 Moe fans\alumni will be upset. I guarantee it.

Definitely want consistency, my hope is that this allows that to happen.

I never liked that it seemed each and every sport used a different logo. My hope is this logo ends that and is used school wide.

I suppose this also means we're now Navy, Light Blue and Gold? If so, I like the idea of adding baby blue to the mix. Makes us stand out against St. X and their use of Royal Blue.

It's actually grey not light blue- it's just hard to tell

I like the logo but PLEASE do not change the helmet. If we do we might be jinxed and go 0-10 this year. Why change something that "is" one of the most recognizable part of Moeller.....the M on the helmet. Yes, let's email Asbeck and let him know that the helmet shouldn't change.

The President, M Hyzdu and the "school" made the decision. People should email Hyzdu.

I was just up at the school this morning. When my buddy's team is utilizing the weight room he'll let me know and I go in and use it to. Anyway, unfortunately, I can confirm that they are going to change (or at least attempt) the football helmets. As MOEFAN stated, President Hyzdu ultimately made the call and ostensibly has the power to reverse the decision.

MHyzdu@moeller.org

Let the emails fly!!!

Just sent him an email. Changing the M would upset a lot of alums, big time. I haven't spoken to anyone yet that though it was I good idea. I have lived in many places in the US, including Seattle and everyone knows that helmet.

I too travel a lot with my job and people all over the country know Moeller. A lot more high school football fans out there than people think that know Moeller as a dynasty.