Fieldturf at the stadium

ejc1998

I was told by several people that they were supposed to install some type of Field Turf at the football stadium for this coming season. Does anyone know if that have done that?

the entire project is on hold until the land deal with the new owners of the Hoover company is complete. The land will include the parking lot, the old little league fields, the present soccer-lacrosse field, (it is presently being leased) and the Dogwood fields. It was announced at the last sideliners meeting that phase 1 will be field turf on the two playing fields, and a complete resurfacing of the track, another phase will be building a new softball stadium with lights at Dogwood and also redoing the baseball stadium. Phase three is down the road somewhere. This is all supposed to be done with outside funds, no school funds are to be used.

Wow... more money on the football stadium and the girls softball team continues to play in that dump at Price Park. :wallbang:

1st dollar they should spend should be on the softball field. They just keep winning state championships but can't get any respect from their own school district. :blush:

When is the district going to (wo)man-up and give that program the softball field they have been promising for years? :mad:

They should be ashamed.

first off chaos you're an idiot. he clearly says that softball will be getting a new stadium. second, football brings all the money in anyway. this project should be great. i heard of a new training facility being put-in also.

Hooverdork01 - How can you call anyone an idiot when you can't even understand plain English?

My opinion was that they should build the softball stadium (for the BY FAR most successful sports program in the NC district) that they have been promising to build for god-knows how many years before spending more money on the football program. Sure, football brings in money and softball doesn't, but the money isn't coming from isn't coming from ticket sales. And it's not like they haven't previously dumped loads of money into renovations of the football stadium.

Maybe once someone gets hit by a car drving down the street that runs 4 feet behind the home team dugout they'll get a clue. Unlike you who sounds like will never have a clue.

I started this thread as a question about field turf at the football stadium. This thread was intended for FOOTBALL fans. Just because we follow Hoover football does not mean we also follow softball. Fact is, Softball does not bring out 4000+ people every week and rake in loads of cash. For all the couple of softball nuts who have somehow found their way to this thread, the plan does include a new softball field. Take a deep breath and relax. Now for us 4000 fans of football, put in the turf!

By looking at how the project is structured it would be surprising if Title IX wasn’t considered when developing the plan for the improvements.

I like that the soccer and lacrosse field is getting turf. It will be nice for those programs and we should have a football field with football markings only.

Trying to put things in perspective a little, I think that the school is taking a bum rap on this subject. This is not a school project but is being done by an outside group of people in conjunction with the school. The sideliners have put up about 100,000 to get the project off the ground. In reading the posts on this subject my guess is that the person writing abouut the girls softball program getting shafted has a daughter somewhere in the program. The softball field will come, but I believe in the pecking order it is where it belongs, that being the second phase. The real thanks should be going to the SIDELINERS for spearheading the project and supporting ALL the athletic programs at the school including the academics. I for one will say thanks to them.

Granted, the draw for softball is nil compared to football. It's not that I don't appreciate what the Sideliners are spearheading and the plans sound fantastic.

However, for those of you that have never been to a Hoover girls softball game, let alone an away game, fact is that relative to the opposing facilities the Hoover girls play in around the state, the Hoover home facility truly is an embarassment.

Another fact is, anyone associated with the softball program has been hearing empty promises of a new softball field for longer than I can remember. Hopefully this time it will be more than smoke being blown.

Go Vikes.

chaois13
I agree we need a new softball field, but the football field and track will come first.
Football is #1 at Hoover and always will be!
(By the way I follow all sports at Hoover)

chaois13
I agree we need a new softball field, but the football field and track will come first.
Football is #1 at Hoover and always will be!
(By the way I follow all sports at Hoover)

LOUIE44 - I follow and support them all as well. Have had my football season tickets since I took them over from my dad many years ago. I'm certainly not suggesting that football hasn't always been, and won't always be first at Hoover. Nor am I suggesting that it shouldn't be....

Now... whether it is the most successful program is another question.... LOL

OK, last jab... I'm done and will let it go... I hope it comes true and will love to see the results when ALL of this is done!! Should be sweet.

Go Vikes !

To the powers in charge.....

May I suggest some add'l gravel for behind the visitor's bleachers? By the time our game rolls around, it's usually a muddy mess back there. Just thought I'd ask. ;)

I don't go over there that much, but good idea!
Hope to see you this year PP!

I wish I could meet up again this year, my friend - but probably not going to happen. A pair of spots opened up in the pressbox staff for varsity games this year, and the AD asked me to fill one of them, so I won't be able to get away anymore during the home games. I've got to be there by 6:30 until a little bit after the game ends. And with the crowds at varsity games, it's almost impossible to even go pee at the half...lol.

But hey, I get paid to watch football....how cool is that?!?! :) :D

Granted, the draw for softball is nil compared to football. It's not that I don't appreciate what the Sideliners are spearheading and the plans sound fantastic.

However, for those of you that have never been to a Hoover girls softball game, let alone an away game, fact is that relative to the opposing facilities the Hoover girls play in around the state, the Hoover home facility truly is an embarassment.

Another fact is, anyone associated with the softball program has been hearing empty promises of a new softball field for longer than I can remember. Hopefully this time it will be more than smoke being blown.

Go Vikes.

i follow the softball team and the only thing i find embarrassing about Price is the scoreboard...

To the powers in charge.....

May I suggest some add'l gravel for behind the visitor's bleachers? By the time our game rolls around, it's usually a muddy mess back there. Just thought I'd ask. ;)

talk about a muddy mess...the parking at Fife leaves alot to be desired :laugh:

i follow the softball team and the only thing i find embarrassing about Price is the scoreboard...

Not looking to argue... but the field itself is pretty bad. An on-campus softball only field will be very nice to have once they complete it.

Having dugouts and a grandstand /bleachers for both teams will be a definite upgrade. Real fences as opposed to temporary fences on a slow pitch field will also be an upgrade. The infield is also pretty shoddy... very sandy.

Also, aburd the field is not located "on campus".

If you get a chance, make a road trip with the girls some time. Check out Grove City, Worthington, Columbus Olentangy, C-bus Liberty, etc... very nice fields that are part of complete high school sports complexes.

Go Vikes.

the field turf is going in and the 5 time state champion softball team is slated for a new on campus field....better late than never i guess :laugh: