Enrollment

LaSalle2016

Looks like the freshman class is pretty small. Any idea long term what the plan is? Not looking great. Hope they can turn it around and increase class sizes.

They just went to the president/principal model, which has been successful elsewhere, and everybody gets EdChoice going forward. That all should help.

112 graduated in 2023. hopefully next few years bring in increased #'s. early on the prep/principal have really been out making themselves visible

And really, how many kids do we need? My son is in seventh grade and will be there in a couple years. I’d much rather see him be part of a class of 110-120 than 200.

Just get a good number in there and invest in the academics and experience.

And really, how many kids do we need? My son is in seventh grade and will be there in a couple years. I’d much rather see him be part of a class of 110-120 than 200.

Just get a good number in there and invest in the academics and experience.
Seems this 👆🏽 here is what Roger Bacon decided to go with few yrs ago. It really seems to be successful there.

An enrollment of 600 with competitive balance would probably put LS back into D1 for football. Is that what they want?

An enrollment of 600 with competitive balance would probably put LS back into D1 for football. Is that what they want?
I’m not sure why football divisional alignment would be part of La Salle’s enrollment strategy. My guess is they have a number in mind they’d like to reach based on resources, space and staff, and it doesn’t have much to do with football.

I’m not sure why football divisional alignment would be part of La Salle’s enrollment strategy. My guess is they have a number in mind they’d like to reach based on resources, space and staff, and it doesn’t have much to do with football.
Another angle is how much is Seton's growing enrollment within St I's & St James hurting LaSalle and helping Elder? At one point, Visi was a huge draw for Mercy but once open borders started, parents didn't want to drive in 2 directions for their kids. Easier for Johnny to take Suzy to school on his way to Elder.