Elder Basketball 2022-2023

Disagree. 3rd or 4th? You think Elder has more returning basketball talent?

X has quality and depth. They will be good for at least the next few years. The new coach will get the credit, but they would have been good regardless of the coach.
Outside of Waleskowski, no other under-classmen averaged more than 5.5 points. Who are the people they are talking about with "all this talent". I think LaSalle has more and better talent as underclassmen. Moeller definitely has more underclassmen talent. Elder returns 3 solid players that will anchor their team next year.

Two years is a different story. Elder is going to need to find some basketball talent in the 25 and 26 classes, as it's nowhere near the talent in the last 4-5 years. Elder won or shared the GCL like 3-4 years in a row. They had really good teams.

Moeller
LaSalle
Elder
St X

St X wasn't very good this year.

Last edited:
Outside of Waleskowski, no other under-classmen averaged more than 5.5 points. Who are the people they are talking about with "all this talent". I think LaSalle has more and better talent as underclassmen. Moeller definitely has more underclassmen talent. Elder returns 3 solid players that will anchor their team next year.

Two years is a different story. Elder is going to need to find some basketball talent in the 25 and 26 classes, as it's nowhere near the talent in the last 4-5 years. Elder won or shared the GCL like 3-4 years in a row. They had really good teams.

Moeller
LaSalle
Elder
St X

St X wasn't very good this year.
St X freshman were 17-2. X JV were 13-5.

They have talent and depth returning to the program.

St X freshman were 17-2. X JV were 13-5.

They have talent and depth returning to the program.
Sorry, thought you meant varsity returners.

Yes, the next 3-4 years might be rough, but I think they'll (Elder) be decent next year. I could see them in 2nd or 4th honestly.

I'm not being a contrarian, Elder will still be relatively solid next year with some good returning players. Likely not a deep run type of team, but one that will compete probably in the top 10 of the city.

After that, it's going to be a struggle, especially as all three of the GCL schools have better talent in the younger grades. That's not contrarian, that's true.

People whined and complained in every sport thread this year, and they had very good teams. I can't even imagine the level of whining over the next 3 years in this forum. It's going to be very entertaining.

Dudukovich from Lakota West committed to Thomas More. Looks like they have a pretty good freshman class coming in!
Perfect spot for him and Browne. I can see Duke getting minutes early as a frosh. Browne could as well if he hits the weight room hard this summer.

Not really at all but their comp will be really good as well.
They seem to be upgrading their talent as well. Former D1 guys as well as guys that probably could have gone lower level D1 (Browne, Dudukovich). On another note, I think Duke has a younger brother at West - is he a difference maker as well? Not sure how old he is, but I think he's an underclassman.

The rule getting rid of 1 and 1 is stupid. Want to improve the flow of the game, get a shot clock.

The rule getting rid of 1 and 1 is stupid. Want to improve the flow of the game, get a shot clock.
I agree with you on the shot clock, but also like the rule change.

What really needs to happen the most is the refs need to call fouls when they are fouls, and not allow all of the grabbing, pushing and shoving.

Its worked great for women's college. It's not about improving the flow of the game it's about rough play on rebounding 1 and 1. The reason I like it is because it rewards the winning team up to that point in the game.

It's not about improving the flow of the game it's about rough play on rebounding 1 and 1.
I saw something about eliminating injuries on rebounds as being justification for the change. Does anyone remember ever seeing any injuries that occurred while rebounding on the front end of a 1 and 1?

Its worked great for women's college. It's not about improving the flow of the game it's about rough play on rebounding 1 and 1. The reason I like it is because it rewards the winning team up to that point in the game.
That’s even more lame.

I saw something about eliminating injuries on rebounds as being justification for the change. Does anyone remember ever seeing any injuries that occurred while rebounding on the front end of a 1 and 1?
It’s not about injuries, it’s about rough play. Now if they would go to advancing the ball after a timeout it would be perfect. Men’s college is only league that doesn’t play quarters and reset fouls at this point

It’s not about injuries, it’s about rough play.

Here's the quote that made me ask the question. I'd like to see the data they reviewed for the change.
“The rules committee studied data that showed higher injury rates on rebounding situations and saw this as an opportunity to reduce opportunities for rough play during rebounds,” said Lindsey Atkinson, NFHS Director of Sports and liaison to the Basketball Rules Committee.

It’s not about injuries, it’s about rough play. Now if they would go to advancing the ball after a timeout it would be perfect. Men’s college is only league that doesn’t play quarters and reset fouls at this point
Here's the quote that made me ask the question. I'd like to see the data they reviewed for the change.

I get it, I just think that's their cover. There is no doubt rough play during 1 and 1happens and talking about injury helps their case. Point is high school is conforming to every other league other that MNCAA. I bet we see it in the WBC this year as well.

I get it, I just think that's their cover. There is no doubt rough play during 1 and 1happens and talking about injury helps their case. Point is high school is conforming to every other league other that MNCAA. I bet we see it in the WBC this year as well.
It appears to me that it's a solution in search of a problem, but I'll be interested to see how it actually changes play on the court.

Rough play? Pussified crap. This isn’t soccer.

It’s not about injuries, it’s about rough play.
If the refs would just call the fouls that are blatant fouls, esp in the GCL, these others things wouldn't be needed. The physicality has gotten way out of hand, and there are many games that don't even resemble basketball.

LaSalle has had the "they can't call everything" strategy forever, and they just let them get away with it. It's just stupid at times.

They have been solid and always play hard and well coached. I see their ceiling as a District runner up.