Division 1 Semi Final: Archbishop Moeller (13-1) vs Springfield (12-1)

Who wins and by how much?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeBeturLojik

OK. Let's get it started.
Where? Welcome Stadium? Piqua?
Will Moe RB Jordan Marshall play. He was out whole second half. Concussion protocol?

Rematch of last years final four game which was awesome hopefully it’s as good again this year. Will Springfield slow down marshall if he plays and will moeller be able to stop the incredible Springfield air attack?

Who started the Concussion protocol for Marshall? Rumor because he did not play? They showed him on the sideline with no medical staff. One person says concussion protocol and the followers follow. It may be true but right now, a rumor.

Looks to be a rainy and cold evening. Ugh.

1668835366635.png

Why not play this game in the U.P. of Michigan?

Weren't any of the Canadian stadiums open?

Alaska is nice this time of year.

The OHSAA must be making a KILLING off the Spectrum One package! They surely don't care about ticket sales, the safety of spectators traveling in inclement weather on a holiday weekend, or the safety of players, coaches, bands and staff traveling 75 minutes and 45 minutes to get to these games.

Saying a Hail Mary for safe passage for all involved.
I'll be in my living room recliner!

Moe wins this game 31-21. I have watched both teams play a couple games this year - Moe should win this game. Cats barely won last year, but this year's Moe team is better and the Cats are not as good as last year.

Springfield will win if they can contain the Moeller running game. A team with a solid running game has given Springfield fits over the years.

Moeller showed that they are susceptible to the pass unless they can pressure the QB. The Springfield QB will be a faster runner than LW; however I'm not sure if he's as or more accurate than the LW QB.

Lastly, Moeller is playing with a freshman QB as of the last 5-6 quarters over the past 2 games. If Springfield contains the run, I don't think the freshman QB will be ready to air it out all night. Plus, the pressure of each game will be a challenge for the young QB.

Does anyone know what happened to the other Moeller QB?

I expect this game to be close. Always root for public over private. Go Wildcats!

Last edited:
It will come down to Moeller's top player. If Marshall does not play Moeller may have to rethink the QB situation and Springfield may be able to outscore them. If he can play, Moeller will be able to control the clock and rack up rushing yards to pick up the W.

Springfield will win if they can contain the Moeller running game. A team with a solid running game has given Springfield fits over the years.

Moeller showed that they are susceptible to the pass unless they can pressure the QB. The Springfield QB will be a faster runner than LW; however I'm not sure if he's as or more accurate than the LW QB.

Lastly, Moeller is playing with a freshman QB as of the last 5-6 quarters over the past 2 games. If Springfield contains the run, I don't think the freshman QB will be ready to air it out all night. Plus, the pressure of each game will be a challenge for the young QB.

I expect this game to be close. Always root for public over private. Go Wildcats!
There is nothing wrong with the other two QBs. Coaches decision to move the Frosh to start. Looks like a good move thus far as he is very composed and throws a better ball with more accuracy and velocity. GBM 💪 🏈

It will come down to Moeller's top player. If Marshall does not play Moeller may have to rethink the QB situation and Springfield may be able to outscore them. If he can play, Moeller will be able to control the clock and rack up rushing yards to pick up the W.
The Frosh will start no matter what. Moe has capable running backs to back up Marshall if he can't go. The O line is really the key for Moeller. The running game may be a little less explosive without Marshall but no less effective. Based on the way Moeller ran the ball last year against Springfield, I would expect them to line up and dare their opponent to stop them. GBM 💪🏈

There is nothing wrong with the other two QBs. Coaches decision to move the Frosh to start. Looks like a good move thus far as he is very composed and throws a better ball with more accuracy and velocity. GBM 💪 🏈
He threw the ball 5 times last night; certainly not enough data to show how good he is and we don't know how well he throws under pressure.

Think he was injured in a car wreck. Maybe a broken wrist.

The Frosh will start no matter what. Moe has capable running backs to back up Marshall if he can't go. The O line is really the key for Moeller. The running game may be a little less explosive without Marshall but no less effective. Based on the way Moeller ran the ball last year against Springfield, I would expect them to line up and dare their opponent to stop them. GBM 💪🏈
Agree, if the Moeller O-line controls the line of scrimmage, it will be a long night for Springfield. However, Moeller can't contain the pass unless they can get pressure on the QB and therefore this game could be a shootout.

Schondelmyer was very accurate last night.

He threw the ball 5 times last night; certainly not enough data to show how good he is and we don't know how well he throws under pressure.
100% correct. He did make a couple really nice throws but I do not see him being able to pick up tough yards with his legs if the running game does not take off. If he only has to throw 6-10 times Moeller wins by 2 scores...

Status
Not open for further replies.