Did you know that there is a town in Georgia that...

SWGA Fan

was founded by Andersonville prisoners? After Billy T. Sherman opted to leave them to their own devices during his blistering of the Georgia landscape, for as far as the eye could see. They, upon their release MANY months later, decided that they would rather stay than go back to a country who turned a blind eye to their incarceration, all for the sake of glory for Honest Abe. THUS, the creation of Fitzgerald, Georgia. TODAY, there are roads and streets denoting those of Union and Confederate forces, who gave their all for what they believed in, FREEDOM, in one form or other. ( and before you rant on about the elephant in the room., Fewer than THREE PER CENT of Southerners owned plantations OR slaves. The troops in gray were not fighting for the one per centers of the day. But EVERYONE, including HONEST ABE, knew that.

SORRY for the rant. In this day and time, I felt that a little truth was in order during a time when TRUTH is in short supply.

Last edited:

was founded by Andersonville prisoners? After Billy T. Sherman opted to leave them to their own devices during his blistering of the Georgia landscape, for as far as the eye could see. They, upon their release MANY months later, decided that they would rather stay than go back to a country who turned a blind eye to their incarceration, all for the sake of glory for Honest Abe. THUS, the creation of Fitzgerald, Georgia. TODAY, there are roads and streets denoting those of Union and Confederate forces, who gave their all for what they believed in, FREEDOM, in one form or other. ( and before you rant on about the elephant in the room., Fewer than THREE PER CENT of Southerners owned plantations OR slaves. The troops in gray were not fighting for the one per centers of the day. But EVERYONE, including HONEST ABE, knew that.

SORRY for the rant. In this day and time, I felt that a little truth was in order during a time when TRUTH is in short supply.
Yes, the freedom to own slaves.

Actually about 7% of Georgia's free white population owned slaves. And when you consider that married women and children weren't going to own slaves on their own, the reality was that about 37% of Georgia's families were slave owners.

That's a little higher than the average of the eleven Confederate states, 5.7% and 31%.

Last edited:
In this day and time, I felt that a little truth was in order during a time when TRUTH is in short supply.
And there is almost none of it in your original post.

The City of Fitzgerald was the brainchild of Philander H. Fitzgerald, a Union pension attorney from Indianapolis who sold the idea of a balmy weather colony for northern veterans through his newspaper, The American Tribune. Some 2700 settlers fled mid-western droughts and harsh winters in 1895 (That's 30 years after the war.) to join 600 or more southern veterans in founding a new four-square city amidst the pine barrens of South Georgia.

For more truths about the prison at Andersonville.

Last edited:
From yesterday.

1679846948963.png

Actually about 7% of Georgia's free white population owned slaves. And when you consider that married women and children weren't going to own slaves on their own, the reality was that about 37% of Georgia's families were slave owners.

That's a little higher than the average of the eleven Confederate states, 5.7% and 31%.

Freedom to own slaves? I suggest that you take the Evelyn Woodhead, Reading for Comprehension course. Or did you just fluff over the FACT that 97% of Southern soldiers were fighting for STATE RIGHTS, because they did not own a single slave. Honest Abe made it ABOUT slavery, because he KNEW he couldn't get you boys off your butts to fight for States Rights.

So, you would have us believe that a significant amount of Confederate SOLDIERS owned numerous slaves, who cost in today's money, approx. $10,000 EACH? SURELY you JEST?

And I know NOT where this 3,000 crack militia figure was obtained, who supposedly fought Sherman in Macon. Because I reside THIRTEEN miles from the REAL battlefield. And it was in GRISWOLDVILLE. And there were 800 militia comprised of twelve-to-fifteen year old boys, and 60 plus year old men!!!!! And after the Battle of Atlanta. Hood's forces, vastly depleted, retired to the West. Leaving the entire state of Georgia to be laid in ruin.

And NOBODY had medical supplies or food, due to Sherman's neckties and the aforementioned blockades. And in Northern prisons, to seek retribution, the Union Army created similar conditions as Andersonville, as retribution. And the people I and my former brother-in-law interviewed, didn't read these FACTS in a book. They LIVED IT! More than 500 interviews from both Union and Confederate soldiers, who came to the annual reunions in Georgia, after the war. And one of the periodicals he had was published in 1897.

TRY as I might, I know NOT where this formidable Confederate force was, between Sherman, Savannah, and SOUTH CAROLINA, where they scorched the entire state.

And as an interesting aside. Your boy Sherman burned the bridges behind his army, so the slaves couldn't follow him. Because, quite frankly, he thought them to be a nuisance.

And the largest powder works in the Confederacy, was ignored at Augusta. Its remanence remains to this day. Because Billy boy knew that the Rebels had no way to get those munitions to the remaining armies, due to lack of manpower and transportation.

Freedom to own slaves? I suggest that you take the Evelyn Woodhead, Reading for Comprehension course. Or did you just fluff over the FACT that 97% of Southern soldiers were fighting for STATE RIGHTS, because they did not own a single slave. Honest Abe made it ABOUT slavery, because he KNEW he couldn't get you boys off your butts to fight for States Rights.
Yeah, the right of each state to legalize slavery. Like I said.

Lincoln didn't make it about freeing slaves until the 3rd year if the war, January, 1863.

You suck at this. You should stop.

So, you would have us believe that a significant amount of Confederate SOLDIERS owned numerous slaves, who cost in today's money, approx. $10,000 EACH? SURELY you JEST?
I didn't remotely say that, and closer to $1,500 in 1861 dollars.

The way you make stuff you must be a Democrat though.

Yeah, the right of each state to legalize slavery. Like I said.

Lincoln didn't make it about freeing slaves until the 3rd year if the war, January, 1863.

You suck at this. You should stop.
"Honest" Abe only declared the slaves to be free in the counties which the Union Army did not control thus not freeing a single slave. His proclamation specifically left out the counties that the Union controlled, where he actually had the power to free slaves. And of course, he did not free the slaves in any of the slave states within the Union (KY, DE, MO, MD) and another (WV) which was admitted to the Union as a slave state during the war itself, and after the so-called great emancipator issued his useless proclamation.

There was, however, an emancipation proclamation issued in Missouri while the state was under Martial Law in 1861 by Union General John C Fremont which actually did order the emancipation of the state's slaves. Lincoln rescinded the order and fired Gen. Fremont because of it.

Why the apparent change of heart? Lincoln hoped that his 1863 proclamation would lead to slave rebellions throughout the South, which didn't end up taking place.

In some European countries around the same time, slavery was ended through government funded programs that purchased the freedom of slaves from their owners. In other words, slave owners would receive some money from the govt, but were forced to free their slaves. Despite the many unprecedented and unconstitutional new powers Abe claimed for himself, he never tried to do anything of the sort to free slaves.

"Honest" Abe only declared the slaves to be free in the counties which the Union Army did not control thus not freeing a single slave. His proclamation specifically left out the counties that the Union controlled, where he actually had the power to free slaves. And of course, he did not free the slaves in any of the slave states within the Union (KY, DE, MO, MD) and another (WV) which was admitted to the Union as a slave state during the war itself, and after the so-called great emancipator issued his useless proclamation.

There was, however, an emancipation proclamation issued in Missouri while the state was under Martial Law in 1861 by Union General John C Fremont which actually did order the emancipation of the state's slaves. Lincoln rescinded the order and fired Gen. Fremont because of it.

Why the apparent change of heart? Lincoln hoped that his 1863 proclamation would lead to slave rebellions throughout the South, which didn't end up taking place.

In some European countries around the same time, slavery was ended through government funded programs that purchased the freedom of slaves from their owners. In other words, slave owners would receive some money from the govt, but were forced to free their slaves. Despite the many unprecedented and unconstitutional new powers Abe claimed for himself, he never tried to do anything of the sort to free slaves.
December, 1863 Lincoln offered the Southern states a chance to peacefully reenter the Union if they abolished slavery
1864 Lincoln's Platform for the Presidency called for a Constitutional Amendment ending slavery
and then as President his number one legislative priority was the push to win Congressional support for the passage of the 13th Amendment.

SOOOOOO, lemme get this straight. You are telling me that 95% of the English people who settled Georgia as indenture servants, all of a sudden owned SLAVES THEMSELVES at today's price of $20,000 PER? MY, MY, MY, how your Northern historians like to slant EVERYTHING to fit their narrative. For those who aren't aware, Indentured Servitude is WHITE SLAVERY! And I'm not the ONLY one who is still waiting for OUR reparations. SOUTHERN SOLDIERS, of which my relatives were part of. Fought for STATES RIGHTS, NOT SLAVERY. And we're STILL getting push around. NOBODY in MY family or any OTHER person I know of in SOWEGA, has ever owned slaves. And unlike the book of fiction, by Alex Haley. WE have records of our family lineage. Unlike Barack Hussein, who received SIXTY MILLION DOLLARS, for writing two books about a dude who left his high and dry in INFANCY.

In closing, do you suppose that there is any viable correlation between having people of color in charge of a city, and it becoming a cesspool? If it weren't for the MASTERS tourney, Augusta would be a COMPLETE TOILET. The highest crime rate in the STATE, just three blocks from the golf course. The Augusta Green Jackets moving it's operation to NORTH Augusta, S.C., when the BLACK Mayor and his henchmen, forced the city to build a new Bball court for the homies. Rather than building a state of the art facility next to the Savannah River, adjacent to downtown Broad Street. That would have revitalized the WHOLE CITY. He also nixed the development of the Augusta Canal, to copy the BILLION dollar tourist action in San Antonio. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. WE, the city council aint RACIST, just as long as you do as we say! And does anybody wonder why the Rams left LA? Or why the Patriots left Boston? Or why the Braves left ATLANTA for Marietta? ONE common denominator, THAT's why. And lest we NOT forget the cesspool perpetuated in San Fransicko, Chicago, DEEEtroit, and Cleveland, Portland, and Seattle.

And do you ever wonder why there seems to be a congregation of peoples of color in metro areas? It's because the feel SAFER among their own. I grew up during the beginning of integration in SOUTHWEST GEORGIA! And we saw the federal mandate of integration, that was to be implemented in 1971. And Moultrie, Ga., decided to be proactive. And integrate the public high school my senior year, 1966. And say WHAAAAT! NOBODY was taking us up on our hospitality. I guess the Northern rabble rousers like Big Al Sharpie, had told them to beWARE of the WHITE MENACE. TRUTH be told, I was kinda looking forward to rejoining some of my playmates from when I lived with my grandparents in my early years in rural South Colquitt County. I'd never SEEN a WHITE kid, until I got to school. One of my black buds ask me one day, if I was RACIST? I told him that I didn't THINK I was, but I MIGHT be. ***ROTFLMAO*** We used to hunt with our BB Guns, fish, and get into mischief, just like everybody ELSE! And we had a BLAST!

Fast forward to 1966. And the invitation was sent out to William Bryant High School in Moultrie, Ga. to come join us, IF you'd like. And with 200 seniors in the school. NOBODY took us up on the invitation. The administration at Moultrie High School met with their counterparts at William Bryant. And a solution was agreed upon. TWENTY-ONE black kids decided to make the transfer. And two of the females would be in my Algebra II class. One day I asked one of those classmates as to why she decided to transfer. She said simple really. I needed the money, and they said that they'd give us SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS. NOW that may not seem like a substantial sum. But in 1966, farm kids were working before and after school, tending to a calf that they would prepare during the year, for auction. And for their toils, they would get MAYBE $600.00, GROSS. While the Black kids received $600 for showing up to class. THAT, and all of a sudden, we saw a bus showing up with the Black kids on it. And NOBODY in the city of 15,000 had EVER gotten a ride before. (can you say BRIBERY?) I lived three miles away from school, and had to either ride with dear ole MOM an hour early, or WALK to school, to sit on an open air catwalk, in brisk temps! Plus a discounted or free lunch program was implemented. NEVER before, was this the case. And slowly, the schools began to assimilate, as time went on. But years later, at the ten year reunion, NO black faces showed up.

Fast forward to present day. And turns OUT, BLACK kids don't want ANY PART of INTEGRATION. As evidence to the more than FIFTY all Black high schools in the state of Georgia, by CHOICE! Westlake and Langston Hughes in South Fulton County, are two cases in point. The average home in those areas is a biscuit under $500,000. And kids come from all over Middle and North Central Georgia, to play for all Black Cedar Grove. And there are several all Black private schools in Savannah, as well.

Sorry if I got on my soap box. But some people's children who believe everything they read. I have a book in my possession that was written by soldiers of this conflict. And it wasn't taken out of context. It was relayed by former LIVING soldiers from both NORTH and SOUTH, Circa 1909, while attending one of the periodic reunions, which were frequently held until the aforementioned were unable to attend. Some VERY interesting takes on the conflict, to be certain.

Have you ever heard the ole adage, that history is written by the VICTORS?

Last edited:
I didn't remotely say that, and closer to $1,500 in 1861 dollars.

The way you make stuff you must be a Democrat though.
NOW listen heah SKIPPY. You can talk ALL you want about my EX leaving me to live at the North Pole with Santa and his elves, BUT!!!! I will NOT stand here and be abused in such a PUTRIDE MANNER, as being vilified as a DUMOCRAT COMMUNIST!! I PROTEST VIGOROUSLY! I KNOW MY RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And YOU sir, have CROSSED the LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DEMS, no pun intended, are FIGHTIN WORDS!!!!!

As an aside, if I intimated that YOU gave out those figures, I apologize. As I recall, those figures were gleaned from one such source, in a War for Southern Independence periodical, or other. Or it COULD have been from one of the three complete courses I received on the subject, while attending an institution of higher larnin.

Last edited:
December, 1863 Lincoln offered the Southern states a chance to peacefully reenter the Union if they abolished slavery
1864 Lincoln's Platform for the Presidency called for a Constitutional Amendment ending slavery
and then as President his number one legislative priority was the push to win Congressional support for the passage of the 13th Amendment.
SOUTHERN SOLDIERS were fightin for STATES RIGHTS, not the preservation of SLAVERY! And the ONLY reason that Lincoln made the war about slavery, was to get the support needed to get all of the North on board with the war.

As an aside, did you know that there was a PROslavery city in the NORTH in 1861? I believe that you currently call it the BIG APPLE!

The REASON was, that the wide-spread rumors of blatant abuses of the slave population, were BS. It would be likened to you having a Lamborghini, and taking a hammer to it, because it was temperamental.

And did your Northern biased historians also mention the lil diddy about after Lincoln issued his Emancipation Proclamation. That he wanted to ship them back to their countries of origin?

The reason I suck at this, is that YOU are referring to the BS issued by the Northern victors. And por lil I, am imparting information derived from a book of interviews by LIVE soldiers from BOTH armies, circa 1909. WHO KNEW the TRUTH had so many varying responses?

The main reason that the states of the deep south seceded was economic. If they formed their own nation with low or no tariffs, it would increase the cotton trade with Europe. The tariff subsidized Northern industry at the expense of the South. Northern business interests demanded that Lincoln go to war to stop the southern states from seceding and hurting their bottom line. The states of the upper South seceded because they were outraged that Lincoln would go to war to prevent the deep south from seceding. They wanted no part of a forced Union, but only the voluntary compact of sovereign states which was formed at the Constitutional Convention in 1787.

No state would have ever ratified the constitution if it required them to relinquish their right to leave the Union at a future date, if they so desired. There were advocates for secession in New England during the War of 1812. While the rest of the states certainly didn't want New England to secede at that time, it never argued that the Northern states didn't have a right to secede or threaten to go to war to prevent them from leaving!

The REASON was, that the wide-spread rumors of blatant abuses of the slave population, were BS. It would be likened to you having a Lamborghini, and taking a hammer to it, because it was temperamental.

And did your Northern biased historians also mention the lil diddy about after Lincoln issued his Emancipation Proclamation. That he wanted to ship them back to their countries of origin?

The reason I suck at this, is that YOU are referring to the BS issued by the Northern victors. And por lil I, am imparting information derived from a book of interviews by LIVE soldiers from BOTH armies, circa 1909. WHO KNEW the TRUTH had so many varying responses?
Here's what Georgia wrote as their reasoning for leaving the United States:

Georgia+Page+1.jpg

First paragraph. Second sentence. It was about slavery.

And the people I and my former brother-in-law interviewed, didn't read these FACTS in a book. They LIVED IT! More than 500 interviews from both Union and Confederate soldiers, who came to the annual reunions in Georgia, after the war.
The last Confederate soldier died in 1951 and the last Union soldier passed away in 1956. How old are you? To interview 500 Civil War veterans You would have to start your interviews well before 1951 and be old enough at that time to conduct interviews. Update. "And integrate the public high school my senior year, 1966." Unless you are Jethro Boudine you were probably around 18 years old in 1966. You would have been 3 years old in 1951 and 8 years old in 1956. Exactly when and who did you interview that LIVED IT?

Last edited: