Did You Hear?

Purplemojo

Did you hear all of the Democratic talking heads have been speculating (without any basis) that the Russians "have something on Trump"? All the while we know for certain that the Russians have 33,000 things on Hillary Clinton. Hypocrisy and double standard to the extreme.

Did you hear all of the Democratic talking heads have been speculating (without any basis) that the Russians "have something on Trump"? All the while we know for certain that the Russians have 33,000 things on Hillary Clinton. Hypocrisy and double standard to the extreme.

Well if they have something on Trump it can't be much as virtually every action Trump has taken with respect to Russia has damaged Russian interests.

Putin is a thug. We can understand that and deal with that.

The Left is irrational. Craziness is dangerous. We cannot allow these people to win.

Hillary Clinton is not President. She's not even an elected official. What relevance is there to what Russians have or don't have on Clinton to what they may or may not have on Trump?

It would have been helpful if Trump had the courage to speak up while on the stage with Putin. He did not. His whole staff...everyone is pushing him to be for America. He is struggling. I am wondering if Putin spent 2 1/2 hours explaining to him what the rest of his (and his families) life will be like.

He is either compromised or an idiot or both!!!!! Not one person believes a word he said today.

It would have been helpful if Trump had the courage to speak up while on the stage with Putin. He did not. His whole staff...everyone is pushing him to be for America. He is struggling. I am wondering if Putin spent 2 1/2 hours explaining to him what the rest of his (and his families) life will be like.

He is either compromised or an idiot or both!!!!! Not one person believes a word he said today.

So exactly how would it have been "courageous" to insult Putin at the podium? Do you think Vlad would have tried to beat Trump up? Again you guys on the left value words over everything else.

Maybe the real courage exhibited here was that Trump didn't take the easy way out and publicly rebuke Putin over Russian election meddling and instead addressed this and other issues in private. I'm sure Trump would have loved all the media stories praising him for his bravery in calling Putin out in front of the cameras. I mean Trump isn't exactly the kind of guy that likes to pass up an opportunity to grandstand.

Maybe Trump sees the enormous value of having good relations with Russia rather then working against each other. Maybe Trump wanted to preserve the chance that Russia & the USA can find areas of cooperation. Maybe he didn't want to piss that chance away to selfishly virtue signal. You do know that dictators like Putin can be pretty vain and if you insult them in public they can hold a grudge for a long time. But hey if you can explain how that would be in our national interest I'm all ears!

lotr - do you believe Trump's explanation that he misspoke yesterday and did in fact mean to call out Russia for meddling in the election?

Hillary Clinton is not President. She's not even an elected official. What relevance is there to what Russians have or don't have on Clinton to what they may or may not have on Trump?

And if she had won 1) we would have heard nothing about "Russian meddling in the election" just as Obama buried the story when he though HRC was winning 2) we would have heard nothing about "Russian collusion" 3) the FBI collusion with the DNC and Russia would have been swept under the rug 4) Russia would still be the Democrat's friend, just as Obama pointed out to Mitt in 2012 and HRC's "reset" would be on steriods and 5) the "Deep State" and swamp creatures would be celebrating the destruction of Trump.

Democratic corruption is swepted under the rug when they win and is "irrelevant" when they lose. Either way, they are never, ever, held to account and it has been that way since they corrupted the press in this country.

So exactly how would it have been "courageous" to insult Putin at the podium? Do you think Vlad would have tried to beat Trump up? Again you guys on the left value words over everything else.

Maybe the real courage exhibited here was that Trump didn't take the easy way out and publicly rebuke Putin over Russian election meddling and instead addressed this and other issues in private. I'm sure Trump would have loved all the media stories praising him for his bravery in calling Putin out in front of the cameras. I mean Trump isn't exactly the kind of guy that likes to pass up an opportunity to grandstand.

Maybe Trump sees the enormous value of having good relations with Russia rather then working against each other. Maybe Trump wanted to preserve the chance that Russia & the USA can find areas of cooperation. Maybe he didn't want to piss that chance away to selfishly virtue signal. You do know that dictators like Putin can be pretty vain and if you insult them in public they can hold a grudge for a long time. But hey if you can explain how that would be in our national interest I'm all ears!

You do not have to insult Putin. You simple take the side of your Intelligence Chiefs and agree to disagree. You support America over Putin. It is not that hard....he did not have to insult him. Just support Americans...he like you is more worried about pleasing the dictator which is subservient behavior. They are not our equal the great negotiator should be able to position himself as the one in power...but he can't do that. He is afraid of Putin. (probably due to personal reasons)

lotr - do you believe Trump's explanation that he misspoke yesterday and did in fact mean to call out Russia for meddling in the election?

I don't pay much attention to what Trump says in these situations as he's dueling with the media not making policy. I look at what Trump repeatedly says as opposed to one time statements. Most importantly I watch what he does.

I believe that Trump knows damn well that the Russians messed with the election. He also knows they had no effect on the outcome and that they went after both Hillary and him. He also knows (was briefed) that we have screwed with Russian "elections" ever since the fall of the Soviet Union.

And why would Trump want to scold Putin over their election interference only to have Vlad throw back in his face how the USA interfered in Russian elections by promoted that drunken incompetent Boris Yeltsin! Then Trump could have shouted back "but you murder people with poison in Britain" and Putin could have sneered "well that's rich coming from a country whose last president loved to launch drone strikes on folks". What a spectacle that would have been as both men exited the stage with US/Russian relations in tatters. How would that have been in our national interest? I can see how the democrats and never Trump republicans would have enjoyed that outcome but it would have been bad for the country.

Bottom line is that this is vintage Trump. He saw no value in calling Putin out publicly for something that was addressed privately. But then the fake media backlash came and so in response to the hysteria he issues a halfhearted "correction". Importantly to Trump his "clarification" isn't in Putin's face so he doesn't mess up any plans he has of trying to find common ground with Russia on some important matters like nuclear proliferation.

I continue to be amazed how people are still surprised when Trump behaves as Trump.

I believe he is opposing Russia at every turn...but people can keep worrying about a press conference.

You do not have to insult Putin. You simple take the side of your Intelligence Chiefs and agree to disagree. You support America over Putin. It is not that hard....he did not have to insult him. Just support Americans...he like you is more worried about pleasing the dictator which is subservient behavior. They are not our equal the great negotiator should be able to position himself as the one in power...but he can't do that. He is afraid of Putin. (probably due to personal reasons)

You can't possibly believe this. Trump would be calling Putin a liar to his face publicly. There is no way Trump could have done what you guys are screaming for without insulting Putin. Hell insulting the evil Putin is what the media, democrats and some republicans are demanding.

As for "pleasing the dictator". Sure I'm all for it if all it costs me is some flattery and not publicly vilifying the guy. If I can get ANYTHING useful out of Putin through flattery I'm doing it. Now if he asks for something substantive and not in America's interests I'm sure Trump would tell him to go to hell and remind him that we're a Super Power and Russia isn't.

But needlessly & recklessly antagonize a POPULAR dictator of a nuclear armed nation? Don't see any value in that. Do you?

Trump himself said today that's what he intended to do but misspoke :shrug:

Convenient for Trump don't you think?

You know it's not just what you say it's how you say it and it's where you say it. Trump clearly had no desire to call Putin out in public. At the same time he knows the Russians messed with the election. So it seems like in a period of 24 hours Trump got himself a big slice of cake and ate it. Good for him.

Convenient for Trump don't you think?

Not really. I think most thought it was pretty weak yesterday, and today are able to pretty easily see through the lie. Maybe he still has Putin fooled though. Who knows, they might not get satellite reception in Moscow.

It would have been helpful if Trump had the courage to speak up while on the stage with Putin.
How? Who would it have helped to call Putin a liar on television for the world to see?

Trump went there to seek peace, not start a fight.

Last edited:
He simply has to support his own Intelligence Community. He was incredibly weak in every aspect. I have never seen a President on the world stage act with the level of weakness...this coming off a meeting with our closest Allies where he was a bull in a china shop.

It is almost like he is afraid of Putin and it is personal. Makes you go hmmm.

Lol. Do you really think the easy way out for Donnie was NOT ro rebuke Putin? Wow. YOU really have blinders on. Trump is a coward! He never admits when he is wrong. When thinga get "hot " he blames it ln other people. He even brought up Hillary's email during his meeting with Putnin.

How? Who would it have helped to call Putin a liar on television for the world to see?

Trump wen't there to seek peace, not start a fight.

Go there and tell the truth. I rather have respect than peace. Donnie's actions continue to make the U.S. a comedy show.

Go there and tell the truth. I rather have respect than peace. Donnie's actions continue to make the U.S. a comedy show.

Really now. How about going for both.

BTW, you do realize what war with Russia would look like don't you? How about smoldering cities as millions die slowly (and not so slowly) of radiation poisoning. Or do you think it would be Desert Storm 3 where we land the army in the Crimea and take Moscow in 3 weeks?

For the record, you guys have gone absolutely insane over Trump.

And if she had won 1) we would have heard nothing about "Russian meddling in the election" just as Obama buried the story when he though HRC was winning 2) we would have heard nothing about "Russian collusion" 3) the FBI collusion with the DNC and Russia would have been swept under the rug 4) Russia would still be the Democrat's friend, just as Obama pointed out to Mitt in 2012 and HRC's "reset" would be on steriods and 5) the "Deep State" and swamp creatures would be celebrating the destruction of Trump.

Democratic corruption is swepted under the rug when they win and is "irrelevant" when they lose. Either way, they are never, ever, held to account and it has been that way since they corrupted the press in this country.

Spot on