D1: Central District: Pre-Season Top 25

BVG18

Tryouts are right around the corner!

Here is how we see it heading into the spring!

1. Olentangy Liberty
2. Olentangy Berlin
3. Grove City
4. Olentangy Orange
5. Upper Arlington
6. Gahanna
7. New Albany
8. Pickerington North
9. Olentangy
10 Watterson
11. Watkins Memorial
12. Lancaster
13. Teays Valley
14. Hilliard Darby
15. Pickerington Central
16. Hilliard Davidson
17. Dublin Coffman
18. St. Francis Desales
19. Hilliard Bradley
20. Dublin Scioto
21. Thomas Worthington
22. Marysville
23. Dublin Jerome
24. Worthington Kilbourne
25.Westerville Central

1. Olentangy Berlin
2. Grove City
3. Gahanna
4. Olentangy Liberty
5. Pickerington North
6. Dublin Jerome
7. Upper Arlington
8. New Albany
9. Olentangy
10 Watkins Memorial
11. Darby
12. Lancaster
13. Hilliard Bradley
14. Olentangy Orange
15. Pickerington Central
16. Hilliard Davidson
17. Dublin Coffman
18. St. Francis Desales
19. Teays Valley
20. Dublin Scioto
21. Thomas Worthington
22. Marysville
23. Worthington Kilbourne
24.Westerville Central

Last edited:
1. Olentangy Berlin
2. Grove City
3. Gahanna
4. Olentangy Liberty
5. Pickerington North
6. Dublin Jerome
7. Upper Arlington
8. New Albany
9. Olentangy
10 Watkins Memorial
11. Darby
12. Lancaster
13. Teays Valley
14. Olentangy Orange
15. Pickerington Central
16. Hilliard Davidson
17. Dublin Coffman
18. St. Francis Desales
19. Hilliard Bradley
20. Dublin Scioto
21. Thomas Worthington
22. Marysville
23. Worthington Kilbourne
24.Westerville Central
2 major differences were:

Olentangy Orange -10
Dublin Jerome +17

Any rationale or insight?

Best arm in state. Top 10 in the nation. That'll win you 8-10 games AND get you to the District Final easily.

Orange lost everyone. They'll be lucky to be .500
Thanks for the insight. Very underwhelming HS career thus far for the arm from Jerome. Lots of success in the summer ball circuit, but really hasn’t shown out in the spring. Hopefully he can help turn around that program this year.

I think many will overlook Orange this spring. Coach Marker will have his group prepared better than anyone in the state.

Best arm in state. Top 10 in the nation. That'll win you 8-10 games AND get you to the District Final easily.

Fired Coffman coach as the new skipper..... They don't have a shot being any better than they have been over the years... arm or no arm.

While Orange has to replace 17 players, their JV and Freshman teams where just as dominant in their league last year which could indicate that they have some good players coming up to replace the ones they lost.

In the games I saw last year when Jerome faced any of the Olentangy schools they where soundly beaten on all levels.

While Orange has to replace 17 players, their JV and Freshman teams where just as dominant in their league last year which could indicate that they have some good players coming up to replace the ones they lost.
Thanks for the insight!

Yet another year of "good luck" winning the Division I regional in central OH. They all play each other 1-2 times in the regular season and then turn around in the tourney and get each other again. Just like basketball.

Yet another year of "good luck" winning the Division I regional in central OH. They all play each other 1-2 times in the regular season and then turn around in the tourney and get each other again. Just like basketball.
Or, in some cases, it’s 3 times a year in the regular season with a 4th game in May.

All about timing! Need to be clicking at the right time!
BVG... Correct me if I'm wrong, word has it around Central Ohio that Coffman is practicing for only an hour a day? Tough situation with a coach teaching 45 minutes from where he is coaching, for sure!

With a couple division I commits, what are your thoughts on this upcoming season?

BVG... Correct me if I'm wrong, word has it around Central Ohio that Coffman is practicing for only an hour a day? Tough situation with a coach teaching 45 minutes from where he is coaching, for sure!

With a couple division I commits, what are your thoughts on this upcoming season?
Thanks for the note-I am not sure on their practice schedule at this point and time.

On paper, they have the best varsity roster from top to bottom in Dublin IMO.

As always though, can they make it out of that gauntlet of a league?

While I definitely look for them to improve on an 8 win campaign from a season ago, I am sure there will be some bumps along the way as the new coach looks to re-build the culture and put his own stamp on the program. (On a side note, hopefully the new coach can get a teaching job closer to Dublin in the near future. No need to give those parents anymore fuel for a fire if things go south again)

Hopefully this isn't true. I doubt that the AD, Asst Coaches, or high profile players dads would allow this. I know the new CW quit his teaching job at the Metro H.S. and took a lower paying job at CW , just to be in the building.

Hopefully this isn't true. I doubt that the AD, Asst Coaches, or high profile players dads would allow this. I know the new CW quit his teaching job at the Metro H.S. and took a lower paying job at CW , just to be in the building.
Heard it once again last night. Some disgruntled rumblings already coming out of the Coffman camp. As mentioned before, unfortunate that they couldn't get him a job in the building.

First week of scrimmages is in the books:

Need to add Mount Vernon to this list. They looked very good competing this week vs. Hilliard Bradley. Many pieces back from last years squad!

Heard many good reports on the Olentangy schools this week. Talent galore up there…

How about an all Olentangy Regional?

7 days until opening day!

First week of scrimmages is in the books:

Need to add Mount Vernon to this list. They looked very good competing this week vs. Hilliard Bradley. Many pieces back from last years squad!

Heard many good reports on the Olentangy schools this week. Talent galore up there…

How about an all Olentangy Regional?

7 days until opening day!
My Top 4 holds true. I’d move New Albany down a little. Berlin and Liberty are really good. Haven’t seen Orange this year. Olentangy wasn’t great against New Albany. Definitely could see Berlin and Liberty in regional but the other two are two years away from making any type of run.

My Top 4 holds true. I’d move New Albany down a little. Berlin and Liberty are really good. Haven’t seen Orange this year. Olentangy wasn’t great against New Albany. Definitely could see Berlin and Liberty in regional but the other two are two years away from making any type of run.
Would agree on Olentangy & Orange.

Younger talent is definitely there, probably a year or 2 away.

Heard Orange took it to Dublin Jerome pretty good with Jerome’s ace on the mound and multiple MLB scouts in attendance.

Would agree on Olentangy & Orange.

Younger talent is definitely there, probably a year or 2 away.

Heard Orange took it to Dublin Jerome pretty good with Jerome’s ace on the mound and multiple MLB scouts in attendance.
I don’t think Krenzel threw. Jerome scrimmaged the day before, as well.

I don’t think Krenzel threw. Jerome scrimmaged the day before, as well.
Heard from a few dads at Orange that he did throw. Said there was 10-15 scouts there.

3 innings pitched
6 Hits
5 Runs
1 Walk
5Ks

Said Jerome struggled behind the dish

Just saw Dublin Coffman with a 5-1 win over Hilliard Darby to open up the season.

Congratulations to Coach Gould on his victory