"Crowd At Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony Is Awful"

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
1691339649862.jpeg

Do they charge you to get in? The class was pretty ordinary wasn’t it? To be honest I didn’t even know it was happening yesterday.
edit: after reviewing the class I would have thought JoeThomas might have brought in some Browns fans and Revis was from Western Pa. so not far away. Other then Thomas not an impressive class IMO.

Even with the game played the other night, I forgot all the HoF festivities until I went for a walk in downtown Massillon on Fri. evening and saw 3 guys step out of a hotel wearing Dolphins attire and then again when I texted a buddy Sat. night while he was getting ready for the Zac Brown Band concert to start.

Years ago, my school-based organization (an athletic team) did trash detail for the ribs burn-off as a fundraiser when it was in downtown Canton and continued when it was moved to the fairgrounds. Years of working that event ultimately decreased my interest in HoF week and its festivities. The ribs burn-off eventually ran its course and was replaced by some downtown foodfest that coincided with the NFL's kickoff weekend. We were asked to work it, but just 1 problem: That festival took place on school nights plus a night when our HS football team would be playing.

The crowd sucked. You'd figure Browns fans would show up for their first HOFer since coming back. Lol.

Also seems like fewer and fewer HOFers are showing up to support new classes. That stage is nearly empty.

The crowd sucked. You'd figure Browns fans would show up for their first HOFer since coming back. Lol.

Also seems like fewer and fewer HOFers are showing up to support new classes. That stage is nearly empty.

If the 371 NFL HOF’ers, I would guess over 1/2 have sadly passed and a good number may not be in good enough health to travel or sit up on stage for 3 hours.

They do have a room backstage that the HOF’ers can go to cooled off, go to the bathroom, etc.

Of the 371 HOFers, I'd wager at least 100 are 55 or younger. Many of the younger generations simply do not come back until a teammate or coach is going in.

Of the 371 HOFers, I'd wager at least 100 are 55 or younger. Many of the younger generations simply do not come back until a teammate or coach is going in.

At first I thought you may be right but after thinking about it, I will definitely take the less than 100 are 55 or younger because:
* Typical class is 5-7 people with usually 1-2 being an owner, coach or contributor to the game. Thus I would guess at least 1/7 or 53 people (1/7x371) of the HOF is a former owner, coach or contributor.
* HOF class of 2020 was 20 people total but most were already 55 or older.
* 4 of the 9 in this years class were already 55 or older.

The NFL HOF speeches are the best. I love listening to each one every year.

I was there and the photo shared is right before Joe Thomas was about to go on. I can tell because my brother in law and I moved seats and I can see us in the photo. There were A LOT of Jets fans and plenty of Browns fans. After both Jets players were done, many of them left.