Colt Football-2010

Colt 17 24

Prediction's anyone? Are you ready for some football? Senior laden team with high expectations! Here are some of my fun picks and some thoughts about some games. (look for me Z-MAN #17 jersey).

8/27 @ Buckeye (W) 22-10 vs Bucks in series. /// Cloverleaf 32 Buckeye 0. Buckeye only had 34 yards from scrimmage. Go "D". Record 1-0

9/3 @ Sringfield (W) tough game. /// Cloverleaf 13 Springfield 6 / OT. The "D" held Mathews in check and a big key in the win. Record 2-0

9/10 North Ridgeville (L) but really a toss-up 1st home game. /// North Ridgeville 28 Cloverleaf 17. Our lines took a licking in this one. Record 2-1

9/17 Wadsworth (L) but closer than last year. /// Wadsworth 27 Cloverleaf 7. Five dropped passes tells the story. Plus no running game. Record 2-2

9/24 Green (W) Their line is good but not much else. /// Green 36 Cloverleaf 29. 328 yds passing and 7 turnovers did us in. Record 2-3

10/1 @ Copley (L) SL clunker now and then. /// Copley 21 Cloverleaf 0. Just a dismal performance all the way around. Record 2-4

10/8 Talmadge (W) T has a young team. /// Tallmadge 24 Cloverleaf 17. Almost but no cigar we let them off the hook. Record 2-5

10/15@Revere (W) I worry about this one. Revere is tough at home. /// Revere 19 Cloverleaf 14. Another bummer with no fight or spirt in the team. Record 2-6

10/22@Barberton (W) No contest. /// Cloverleaf 38 Barberton 7. For the first time this year you could tell the team was "up" for a game, wonder why it took so long. Record 3-6.

10/29 Highland (W) Qb is tough but not much else returning. (senior night). /// Cloverleaf 45 Highland 7. Good old fashion "arse" kicking (they should have got on the bus back to Highland at the half). Record 4-6.
Now 14-8 against Highland all-time.

7-3 Looks like another playoff run. Fun year I hope.

Note: review (4-6) I have to blame the coaching on the so-so year because they didn't play the proper personal where warranted. They inserted untried underclassmen into the lineup thinking they were the real deal and team unity suffered. Coaching gets a D this year and hope they learn from it.

Last edited:

I like your picks. But I would take the 'Leaf over NR. That was a heartbreaker last year and the Colts will win at Home.

I like your picks. But I would take the 'Leaf over NR. That was a heartbreaker last year and the Colts will win at Home.

I have only been watching this team for four years because my Gson is on the team #17. So I have 41 games under my belt. Now his brother is a freshman #26. I do know this about Ridgeville, they lost their RB (KO return=TD), WR (caught winning TD) and QB who (threw it). Still will be tough though.

Prediction's anyone? Are you ready for some football? Senior laden team with high expiations! Here are some of my fun picks and some thoughts about some games.

8/27 @ Buckeye (W) 22-10 vs Bucks in series
9/3 @ Sringfield (W) tough game
9/10 North Ridgeville (L) but really a toss-up
9/17 Wadsworth (L) but closer than last year
9/24 Green (W) Thier line is good but not much else
10/1 @ Copley (L) SL clunker now and then
10/8 Talmadge (W) T has a young team
10/15@Revere (W) I worry about this one. Revere is tough at home
10/22@Barberton (W) No contest
10/29 Highland (W) Qb is tough but not much else returning

7-3 Looks like another playoff run. Fun year I hope.

yes, the line will be good. dont dismiss the rest, they will suprise folks.

Leaf freshman lost to Alliance 8/25 26-18. Tied 18-18 at the half Alliance pushed accross a score in the second half to win.