Colerain's AD being replaced

KnightsDad#1

Not surprising after a 0-23 boys basketball season, non winning baseball for the past 5-6 years and football hasn't gotten out of the region since he hired his brother. Who is the likely replacement for him ??

Haven't heard about his Frosh son transferring. The kid should be playing D-Line though. I doubt he'll transfer since his Uncle is still the HC. But, Dan Bolden is out as Colerain AD at the end of the year. Staying in the district in some other role. Maybe Colerain will get some quality coaches to come AND STAY now.

Does anyone know why he stepped down.

Stepped down ??? I highly doubt that. He has the freshmen and a 6th grade son coming through the program. No way he stepped down. I'm thinking Donald Trump came in and gave him his two famous words.... "YOU"RE FIRED" !!!

Last edited:
Stepped down ??? I highly doubt that. He has the freshmen and a 6th grade son coming through the program. No way he stepped down. I'm thinking Donald Trump came in and gave him his two famous words.... "YOU"RE FIRED" !!!

Sorry your kid wasn't good enough to play at Colerain.

Sorry your kid wasn't good enough to play at Colerain.

Hmmm. Looks like you still bring nothing to a conversation. Except for your immaturity. Come on... you seem to be a big Colerain supporter.... I'm sure you're in the "know." What are you hearing ?? ( And please....don't use the ole... ( Wants to spend more time with family bull crap ) :shrug:

Hmmm. Looks like you still bring nothing to a conversation. Except for your immaturity. Come on... you seem to be a big Colerain supporter.... I'm sure you're in the "know." What are you hearing ?? ( And please....don't use the ole... ( Wants to spend more time with family bull crap ) :shrug:

I heard he moved to northwest to take a step up to vice principle.

I heard this morning that Dan was moving to the Alternative School as the Vice-Principle for his last year before he retires.

Don't know what exactly it is, But I was told it's in the strip shopping center across from Taylor Elementary.

Wow...what a tremendous amount of misinformation. Let's get some facts out there.

KnightsDad#1 - your distaste for Colerain is palpable, if not completely unfounded. Try and grow up, just a bit. Although my guess is that you've hit your peak, sadly enough.

Dan did chose to step down for personal reasons, which I will not share on this site. He has helped to transform Colerain athletics over the last 8 years into a very solid program across the board. Given the limited resources across the board, he has been a fantastic hire for the school. We thank him for his relentless efforts in making his alma mater the best place he could for as long as he did and wish him the very best in his new role within the district.

Secondly, best of luck to Colerain's new "Coordinator of Athletics", Darren Braddix. He will be welcomed with open arms into the Colerain community with aspirations of great things ahead for Colerain High School.

Finally, we need to all be honest with ourselves when it comes to Colerain. While it is filled with a lot of great kids and some very dedicated teachers and administrators, because of the pay and the almost singular attention on football, for many other sports, this is a stepping stone school. Very few coaches want to come to Colerain to plant themselves and stay because guess what...it's hard! It's not easy to build and maintain a winning program in the GMC, let alone in a district that is as financially strapped as Northwest. Is it really reasonable to expect Colerain to compete with the likes of the Lakotas and Mason on a year-in and year-out basis? No, of course not.

In addition to Mr. Braddix, the Colerain Boosters have sworn in a new president as well and a new NWLSD Super is on the way as well (no thanks to the board! :mad: ).

-CardinalsFan

This is one Colerain Fan who would like to thank Dan B. for his years of service to Colerain Athletics in a tough job. Colerain had some good seasons in difference sports.

Good luck to the New Guy. His background should help with a school like Colerain.

Anymore news on the new AD, BB coach or IHigh website replacement?

Hello, anyone?
Got to get you on Twitter CardDad! We are still here and still posting. A few updates especially for you!

1. New AD is Darren Braddix. Former AD at Withrow. Had the opportunity to speak with him already and he is a class act. Going to be a GREAT hire for CHS.
  2. New Boys Basketball Coach is Melvin Levett...yes, THAT Melvin Levett! Was an assistant at CHS last year and was elevated to HC this year. Kind of hard to believe you didn't know this...it's been on the news EVERYWHERE.
  3. We are still working on a replacement for our WeAreColerain.com website. We WILL have one up well before the start of school, no worries. The old website can be found at http://www-ihigh.blueframetech.com/colerain/index.html. We can't update anything on it but all the information is still there. Let us know if you have any issues viewing anything.
Hope that helps. :thumb:

-CardinalsFan