Colerain 2015

Yeah, but it still happened. Also, what are the odds this was an isolated incident? I'd say pretty low. Every big time program has some blood on their hands, some happen to be more guilty than others.

Actually it was stopped by the school district before it happened.

Actually it was stopped by the school district before it happened.

There was still intent, and it's highly unlikely this was the first time he tried to pull this. Also, Colerain had plenty of transfers in the past. I'm not condemning Colerain, nobody is totally clean, just don't act so pious.

Last edited:
Getting close to the season and was wondering if Wearecolerain.com is going to have a site or what?

The site is set to launch in the next 5-7 days. We have been working feverishly to get something up and running before the season begins.

We have also begun testing our new broadcast software in preparation for our first "live" broadcast, our second scrimmage vs. Princeton.

Thanks for thinking and asking about our progress.

-CardinalsFan

The site is set to launch in the next 5-7 days. We have been working feverishly to get something up and running before the season begins.

We have also begun testing our new broadcast software in preparation for our first "live" broadcast, our second scrimmage vs. Princeton.

Thanks for thinking and asking about our progress.

-CardinalsFan

Anyone new features? When is the first interview going to happen with Coach Bolden?

Anyone new features? When is the first interview going to happen with Coach Bolden?
Not sure how many "new" features there will be given that we had a pretty robust site before. Certainly, if there were things we did not have that you thought would be useful, let us know so we can look to improve.

As far as our preseason with Coach Bolden, hope to do that before the 2nd scrimmage, like we do each year. Will either broadcast it live or podcast it and upload it to the site when complete.

-CardinalsFan

Not sure how many "new" features there will be given that we had a pretty robust site before. Certainly, if there were things we did not have that you thought would be useful, let us know so we can look to improve.

As far as our preseason with Coach Bolden, hope to do that before the 2nd scrimmage, like we do each year. Will either broadcast it live or podcast it and upload it to the site when complete.

-CardinalsFan

Countdown to new site. Is it still looking like 3 to 5 days?

Countdown to new site. Is it still looking like 3 to 5 days?
Sorry for the late reply CardDad.

The new website has been built. We are going through training on it this week and will be populating it with some information this week before we launch it live.

I expect the "go-live" for the site will be a week from today, in advance of our annual pre-season interview with Coach Bolden and our broadcast of the final scrimmage vs. Princeton on Friday night, 8/21.

Keep checking the Twitter and Facebook feeds for up to date news.

Thanks!

-CardinalsFan

I am curious to the reaction of Cards fans at Colerain being ranked #10 in the USA Today poll. Do you feel the ranking is warranted? In what areas of the game will Colerain excel? What could keep the Cardinals from living up to that #10 ranking?

I am curious to the reaction of Cards fans at Colerain being ranked #10 in the USA Today poll. Do you feel the ranking is warranted? In what areas of the game will Colerain excel? What could keep the Cardinals from living up to that #10 ranking?
It's an overreach, no question. This team returns a lot, but what they return allowed over 300 yards and 20 pts, per game, last season.

They will be better. Much more confident on offense (although losing Jordan Asberry is going to hurt more than most imagine) and the defense is bigger just because they aren't all Sophomores any more. Their experience will make the overall team better, no doubt.

They have to get over the GCL hump in the playoffs by being healthy come November and having some luck on their side. They have the talent the next two years to match Wayne's recent playoff runs, question is, can they?

-CardinalsFan

Does anyone have updates to share on the Colerain scrimmages?
To my knowledge, they haven't had any yet. Their first "scrimmage" is this Saturday as noted in this thread. And that scrimmage will only be scripted plays. No real game like situations. I know that practiced with Moeller this week...which I find interesting.

The real show should be next week against Princeton at home. That is game like conditions. We hope to broadcast that live with the new website, fingers crossed.

If you are available, come on up to Colerain next Friday night and watch. Should be a lot of fun.

-CardinalsFan

To my knowledge, they haven't had any yet. Their first "scrimmage" is this Saturday as noted in this thread. And that scrimmage will only be scripted plays. No real game like situations. I know that practiced with Moeller this week...which I find interesting.

The real show should be next week against Princeton at home. That is game like conditions. We hope to broadcast that live with the new website, fingers crossed.

If you are available, come on up to Colerain next Friday night and watch. Should be a lot of fun.

-CardinalsFan
Thanks for the info. I will be there next week.

Anyone head over to the scrimmage today. If so wanted to know how did our defense look against Messiah Deweaver? He is a top ranked QB who is committed to MSU, should of gave our defense a good test.

Anyone head over to the scrimmage today. If so wanted to know how did our defense look against Messiah Deweaver? He is a top ranked QB who is committed to MSU, should of gave our defense a good test.
I wasn't there, but did talk to some folks who were.

I was told that Deweaver is an absolute stud. Best QB this person has ever seen at the HS level. Going to throw for a lot of yards and TD's for Wayne this year. The Cards defense held him in check. Mostly just "dink and dunk" kind of passing. They did complete one long pass to a 6'5" WR with one of our shorter DB's on him. Both Amir Reap and Darryl Gardner were held out of the scrimmage.

If anyone else was there, offer up your feedback/comments.

-CardinalsFan

Anyone know why Princeton scrimmage was moved to Princeton?

Since Princeton came to Colerain last year my guess is they originally were going to have at Princeton moved due to construction but construction was complete so they went to original location.

I wasn't there, but did talk to some folks who were.

I was told that Deweaver is an absolute stud. Best QB this person has ever seen at the HS level. Going to throw for a lot of yards and TD's for Wayne this year. The Cards defense held him in check. Mostly just "dink and dunk" kind of passing. They did complete one long pass to a 6'5" WR with one of our shorter DB's on him. Both Amir Reap and Darryl Gardner were held out of the scrimmage.

If anyone else was there, offer up your feedback/comments.

-CardinalsFan

Any more on this scrimmage? It would at least be nice to know how we compared as a team.

Any more on this scrimmage? It would at least be nice to know how we compared as a team.

It wasn't a true game like situation most of the time so I don't know what else there is to take from it.

Tomorrow night, the scrimmage against Princeton will be a better indicator given the game like situation.

If you can make it out to Princeton, you should go. If you can't, WeAreColerain.com is going to test out the new broadcast software and try and broadcast the game LIVE. You can watch it by going to the website and selecting "Click here for live broadcasts" underneath "Live Broadcasts" on the menu bar.

-CardinalsFan

Warren Central lost it's opener last night and is down a little compared to most years . I'll take Colerain by 14-21 .

I wouldn't be so fast to say that. WC lost to Center Grove who has made the state semi-finals 6 times since 2008 with a state title in 2008. pretty solid program if you ask me.

I think this will be closer then most think.

Since Colerain is having a JV game tonight at the stadium at 7:00 against Moeller does that mean that the Tuesday Coaches Show at Barnsburg will be called off or re-scheduled?