Central Buckeye Conference (CBC) 2024

Three I found quickly

We can agree to disagree and I’m moving on.

And I’m not a Coach. I have had a Yappi profile since moving from JJHuddle. I barely posted as I coached for years and didn’t conflict that.

It’s a message board for info. I have info that I shared just like everyone else. I’m excited to be able to talk openly like the rest of the general public.

Last edited:
Meeks was announced as the new Principal in an all district email and had begun the beginning stages of working with the football staff. Nowhere close to “inside info”
Just wondering if this was announced in an all district email not everyone has this info or privileged to , couple things you are on the school staff and got the email yourself, or spouse/friend is on staff and gave you the information, or got the information from someone who got that email. That in fact would be getting insider info. I will be honest I had a friend who works for the district give me that Bellefontaine info.

Dude. I don’t know what to tell you

Rick was named our principal. Everyone was super excited. Our players knew it. Shawnee knew it. It wasn’t official because the board hadn’t met.

Over spring break, he had a change of heart regarding leaving Shawnee. Simple as that. Rick is a friend of mine. He will be fine. If he’s mad at me for sharing what hundreds of people already knew, he will text me.

Now, let’s try to move on to CBC 2024. London is a bear. JA is always dangerous. Chiefs are a unique entity with a 5 star QB and a new identity.
Just wondering if this was announced in an all district email not everyone has this info or privileged to , couple things you are on the school staff and got the email yourself, or spouse/friend is on staff and gave you the information, or got the information from someone who got that email. That in fact would be getting insider info. I will be honest I had a friend who works for the district give me that Bellefontaine info.

Dude. I don’t know what to tell you

Rick was named our principal. Everyone was super excited. Our players knew it. Shawnee knew it. It wasn’t official because the board hadn’t met.

Over spring break, he had a change of heart regarding leaving Shawnee. Simple as that. Rick is a friend of mine. He will be fine. If he’s mad at me for sharing what hundreds of people already knew, he will text me.

Now, let’s try to move on to CBC 2024. London is a bear. JA is always dangerous. Chiefs are a unique entity with a 5 star QB and a new identity.
I can only imagine the excitement that you and the club had with Meeks. Yet I have seen other posts you had concerning Neer's snub from an All-Star game and justified (yet coming out as his coach).

I am a long time follower of the CBC and that probably goes back to way before you were cutting teeth as a player at WL-S. I know some folks in the CBC community, more than you think I know and I say things as they strike me, to the disgust of a person I know. Sometimes my statements can be off putting but they are what they are.

I will agree with you, lets talk football and please, do not be offended by my outsidness and looking in perspective. I love the Chefs but your banner goes through London.

Peace

I'll just make one last comment and let yall move on .

Years ago Tim Goodwin's name was leaked on JJs Puddle RE a job in the Cincy area, Mason maybe but I forget which one for sure.
As soon as it leaked he pulled his name out and by family in Steinerville they stated he was not happy it was leaked and was a big reason he took his name out if that was how they were going to do business.

Bcw speaks of Meeks and a change of heart. That absolutely happens, and did so.thw the late Coach John Reed in Coldwater pretty much accepted the Mass1llon job, but over the weekend walking around town and just realizing...he didn't want to leave, thankfully for Coldwater

But I digress

I think we get enamored with coaches names linked to college and pro teams on ESPN and think we should treat HS positions the same.
Those positions are hundreds of thousands, millions of dollars and yeah, i think they do lose privacy but a HS coaches who is gonna make a few grand and have to deal with Lil Johnnie's mommy and daddy stopping by the house or at the grocery to complain about PT?....nah.

But that is just my opinion.

Remember, with great power comes great responsibility.

Take care CBCers.

Last edited:
I can only imagine the excitement that you and the club had with Meeks. Yet I have seen other posts you had concerning Neer's snub from an All-Star game and justified (yet coming out as his coach).

I am a long time follower of the CBC and that probably goes back to way before you were cutting teeth as a player at WL-S. I know some folks in the CBC community, more than you think I know and I say things as they strike me, to the disgust of a person I know. Sometimes my statements can be off putting but they are what they are.

I will agree with you, lets talk football and please, do not be offended by my outsidness and looking in perspective. I love the Chefs but your banner goes through London.

Peace
Said it few.months ago..

Big boy division goes through London. They have the type of style that allows ya to reload.

The JV division is Shawnees unless they decide to not have a team as the rest of the division is just bad.

IL has a chance to.have a dynamic QB if that current frosh gets moved to QB as his limitless talent is wasted at WR unless ya have a TSC type at QB to throw ro him.

I'll just make one last comment and let yall move on .

Years ago Tim Goodwin's name was leaked on JJs Puddle RE a job in the Cincy area, Mason maybe but I forget which one for sure.
As soon as it leaked he pulled his name out and by family in Steinerville they stated he was not happy it was leaked and was a big reason he took his name out if that was how they were going to do business.

Bcw speaks of Meeks and a change of heart. That absolutely happens, and did so.thw the late Coach John Reed in Coldwater pretty much accepted the Mass1llon job, but over the weekend walking around town and just realizing...he didn't want to leave, thankfully for Coldwater

But I digress

I think we get enamored with coaches names linked to college and pro teams on ESPN and think we should treat HS positions the same.
Those positions are hundreds of thousands, millions of dollars and yeah, i think they do lose privacy but a HS coaches who is gonna make a few grand and have to deal with Lil Johnnie's mommy and daddy stopping by the house or at the grocery to complain about PT?....nah.

But that is just my opinion.

Remember, with great power comes great responsibility.

Take care CBCers.

Kind of like when people “leak names” of kids leaving Bellefontaine that never left.

Kind of like when people “leak names” of kids leaving Bellefontaine that never left.
At least you didn’t expose the poster who did so!!! 😂

Now that we’ve properly schooled me on how to handle a situation where someone is formally announced and has begun duties in new role…….We can move on to football

I agree, London has built a system that is plug and play. Physical begets physical and the Jimmie’s and Joes aren’t as vital as in other schools. It will take great effort and execution to knock them off in 2024.

Said it few.months ago..

Big boy division goes through London. They have the type of style that allows ya to reload.

The JV division is Shawnees unless they decide to not have a team as the rest of the division is just bad.

IL has a chance to.have a dynamic QB if that current frosh gets moved to QB as his limitless talent is wasted at WR unless ya have a TSC type at QB to throw ro him.
Aah the JV division may be more open than the Braves taking scalps at will. The Braves lost what 85-90% of their offense with Meeks graduating? They were senior heavy and those lost loads can equal things out a bit this year. IL, may be the upstart spoiler and I would not count out Graham...that coach went through something similar at Greenon and I cannot dismiss them. IMO, NU has the JV division this year.

If my memory is somewhat good, Belle has always or seems to have/had a stud RB. Who takes that roll to help TSC. Does TSC need to rush more? Posters seem to think the D is fairly solid but can they put the points on the board to beat London? I have stated it that the banner runs through London but I still LIKE the Chefs...though I think they may be down from last year. just a feeling.

London...how is Sollars knee rehab? I really like watching this kid run the ball and to me is a difference maker. JA, oh my, Jewell was the man...special talent. JA, not a passing team, who steps into Jewell's role? The second leading rushing was the QB. I will not discount JA but they have more to replace than London and Belle to come close to their O production from last year.

Chiefs are gonna be super interesting this season. I can make a reasonable argument for 6-4 and I can make a reasonable argument for 10-0 and everything in between.

Crazy thing is I think we have pretty good depth in the skill positions. It’s really just a matter of how well each guy progresses from last year. Lots of options to touch the ball, who wants to be “the guy”.

As I’ve said before the trench players will determine a great deal of the teams success. By the end of the season it was a strength, but it took time. How quick can we do the same this season. Hard to say.

Was wondering what happened to the post that said "Trick Meeks"? I've heard some rumblings that some wanted Meeks to go and the reason behind it is quite troubling. I won't go into it on here but maybe his days are numbered at Shawnee.

Roberts applied for the Bellefontaine HC job when open along with Carleton Cotner of Urbana. Not sure if Cotner applied at Tecumseh.
Cotner from Urbana applied to Bellefontaine? That's interesting. He is turning Urbana back into a solid team. They are putting up big nubmers and have 2 playoffs wins in the last 2 years I believe. They barely lost to Clinton Massie back in the 2022 playoffs in a high scoring game. Would be surprised to see him leave.

Haven't seen anythign officially from Tecumseh, but maybe I am just missing something. Excited for the CBC season to get here!

Chiefs are gonna be super interesting this season. I can make a reasonable argument for 6-4 and I can make a reasonable argument for 10-0 and everything in between.

Crazy thing is I think we have pretty good depth in the skill positions. It’s really just a matter of how well each guy progresses from last year. Lots of options to touch the ball, who wants to be “the guy”.

As I’ve said before the trench players will determine a great deal of the teams success. By the end of the season it was a strength, but it took time. How quick can we do the same this season. Hard to say.
I think the CBC will be like this through out. Between Bellefontaine and London, one of them have to win the CBC. I think Shawnee is just to much of a well oiled machine on their side of things. But there are a lot of unknowns out there this year. I also wouldnt be surprised if Ben Logan shocks some people. If I remember correctly, they were very young last year. That game experience could be huge going into this year.

I never count out Alder. Just too solid a community with stability to overlook. In fairness, I'm not super schooled on what they lost/have back other than a few of the obvious players.

Ben Logan really really struggled last year. They were outscored 418-103 and I'd guess a fair amount of those points came deep into the second half when the winning team had gone to all JV's vs. Ben Logan's starters. I'd say the Mad River is all Shawnee with the Lake and North Union looking to knock them off.

Last edited:
I never count out Alder. Just too solid a community with stability to overlook. In fairness, I'm not super schooled on what they lost/have back other than a few of the obvious players.

Ben Logan really really struggled last year. They were outscored 418-103 and I'd guess a fair amount of those points came deep into the second half when the winning team had gone to all JV's vs. Ben Logan's starters. I'd say the Mad River is all Shawnee with the Lake and North Union looking to knock them off.
Speaking of North Union....

Who on their roster is getting D1 offers? Overheard a NU dad a couple weeks ago about his son getting multiple D1 offers and was wondering whom that may be.....

Who on their roster is getting D1 offers? Overheard a NU dad a couple weeks ago about his son getting multiple D1 offers and was wondering whom that may be.....

North Union had linebacker Owen Davis couple of years ago go to Purdue on a football scholarship. I just looked and he is currently the 2nd string Will LB. If Nirth Union has a 2nd scholarship football program player in less than 3 years - that’s pretty impressive. As you know, big difference between getting a letter vs actually receiving a football scholarship.

Cotner from Urbana applied to Bellefontaine? That's interesting. He is turning Urbana back into a solid team. They are putting up big nubmers and have 2 playoffs wins in the last 2 years I believe. They barely lost to Clinton Massie back in the 2022 playoffs in a high scoring game. Would be surprised to see him leave.

Haven't seen anythign officially from Tecumseh, but maybe I am just missing something. Excited for the CBC season to get here!

I think the CBC will be like this through out. Between Bellefontaine and London, one of them have to win the CBC. I think Shawnee is just to much of a well oiled machine on their side of things. But there are a lot of unknowns out there this year. I also wouldnt be surprised if Ben Logan shocks some people. If I remember correctly, they were very young last year. That game experience could be huge going into this year.
BL shocks people? I get that they were young, but good lord they were just bad, bad. I honestly can’t believe they beat a really bad NW team. The football programs at those two schools are straight up embarrassing at this point.

key words there are “NU Dad.”

BL shocks people? I get that they were young, but good lord they were just bad, bad. I honestly can’t believe they beat a really bad NW team. The football programs at those two schools are straight up embarrassing at this point.

key words there are “NU Dad.”
I dont expect BL to win big games against IL or Shawnee. But I wouldn't be surprised if they are more competitive than what most people expect. Thats all. No conference Championships or anything crazy! lol.

Chiefs and London to Region 12. Hard to say if it's tougher than Region 11 but don't think it's any easier.

McNicholas
Bellbrook
Bellefontaine
Celina
CJ
Chillicothe
London
St. Marys
Wapak
Tipp

Might have missed some others.

Chiefs and London to Region 12. Hard to say if it's tougher than Region 11 but don't think it's any easier.

McNicholas
Bellbrook
Bellefontaine
Celina
CJ
Chillicothe
London
St. Marys
Wapak
Tipp

Steubenville moving into Region 11 would have been interesting match-up had the CBC teams stayed. A road trip to Steubenville would be awesome. Maybe painful but what a thrill.

McNicholas
Bellbrook
Bellefontaine
Celina
CJ
Chillicothe
London
St. Marys
Wapak
Tipp

Where are the breakdowns posted?

McNicholas
Bellbrook
Bellefontaine
Celina
CJ
Chillicothe
London
St. Marys
Wapak
Tipp

I believe moving from Region 11 to 12 is a gift to Bellefontaine & London. You avoid Watterson, Hartley, Steubenville, Bloom Carroll and 1/2 step back from those schools Jackson, Sheridan & Granville. Region 11 is a meat grinder, Region 12 is very navigable.

I believe moving from Region 11 to 12 is a gift to Bellefontaine & London. You avoid Watterson, Hartley, Steubenville, Bloom Carroll and 1/2 step back from those schools Jackson, Sheridan & Granville. Region 11 is a meat grinder, Region 12 is very navigable.
Don’t forget Dover is in Region 11 too…brutal region….Region 12 is much more forgiving, especially with no Alter or Massie.

Drew Pasteur Ratings for region in 2023

Wapak 26 Region 12
Watterson 34 Region 11
London 53 Region 12
Hartley 56 Region 11
Steubenville 72 Region 11
Celina 75 Region 12
Bloom Carroll 82 Region 11
Bellefontaine 85 Region 12
Bellbrook 95 Region 12

That’s the top 100 teams. Might have missed someone. Looks pretty even as I expected. 5 top 100 teams in Region 12 and 4 in Region 11. Gotta win a couple tough games to win either region.

Wapak 26 Region 12
Watterson 34 Region 11
London 53 Region 12
Hartley 56 Region 11
Celina 75 Region 12
Bellbrook 95 Region 12

That’s the top 100 teams. Might have missed someone. Looks pretty even as I expected. 5 top 100 teams in Region 12 and 4 in Region 11. Gotta win a couple tough games to win either region.
Last year is not good metric (by itself). Celina will be losing a ton and I doubt top tier. They didn't even play a soph starter vs Watterson in playoff game. Badin leaving R12 is a huge win for others. R11 should be nasty though. Geez

Certainly not the best metric but in the absence of knowing who lost what in the region, it’s all I’d have to go off of.

Wapak 26 Region 12
Watterson 34 Region 11
London 53 Region 12
Hartley 56 Region 11
Celina 75 Region 12
Bellbrook 95 Region 12

if you look at the quality those teams, region 11 is much better at the top. Steubenville, Hartley, Watterson are all powerhouses. Region 12 is now close to geographically correct and should be very competitive this season!

The computer likes Wapak as the top team last year. I’d guess it loves how close they came to beating the Marion Local machine.

Coach Moyer thinks he’s got a good team coming back. Will be Interesting

The computer likes Wapak as the top team last year. I’d guess it loves how close they came to beating the Marion Local machine.

Coach Moyer thinks he’s got a good team coming back. Will be Interesting
Wapak went running away from that matchup like a scared Lil ole lady. I guess after losing last yr after being up more than 1 score with 5 to go was too much to handle.
As much as I'd like to see celina keep moving on up they will take a big step back this yr.

I hope last yrs success helped motivate the kids as tradition needs to start some time, and often Times is spurned by a season like they had last yr.

I've seen them improve dramatically over the ĺast 4-6 yrs in their scrimmages vs Coldwater.

Wapak went running away from that matchup like a scared Lil ole lady. I guess after losing last yr after being up more than 1 score with 5 to go was too much to handle.
As much as I'd like to see celina keep moving on up they will take a big step back this yr.

I hope last yrs success helped motivate the kids as tradition needs to start some time, and often Times is spurned by a season like they had last yr.

I've seen them improve dramatically over the ĺast 4-6 yrs in their scrimmages vs Coldwater.
You might have summed up why most don’t want to play the MAC. Wapak had the balls to take on Marion Local. (Make no mistake, throw divisions out the window, Marion Local is a top 20 program in the state. Elite.). Rather than say, “hey that’s cool they signed up”, they are mocked for not making it a permanent game (relatively typical for teams to jump around in OOC matchups at all levels).