CANTON McKINLEY BASKETBALL 2023-24

Nice win on the road Pups,now just wait a few days for the box scores in TheRep…BAM!

Probably time for the basketball team to post their own box scores or links to box scores on their social media accounts. It would go a long way to help build a bigger following.

There are people on the thread that never wanted him to be the coach. The ones that back him are excited and continue to be excited. The community is behind him.
Really? I figured being an alumni and great player would strong basketball roots, anyone would love to have him. Although I only met him a few times, you can tell he’s a good man and has a lot to give to these kids.

Really? I figured being an alumni and great player would strong basketball roots, anyone would love to have him. Although I only met him a few times, you can tell he’s a good man and has a lot to give to these kids.
Yeah. It’s only a few that are against him being the coach. They are turning into nonfactors though. Only a few remain of a certain type of ideology of who needs to be coaches at McKinley. They are dying out, literally.

They are dying out, literally.
As one can tell by looking at the stands. Say what you will about the old timers, they showed up. No one does now, and McKinley is incresingly irrelevant as an athletic program outside the borders of the City of Canton.

As for Coach Weatherspoon, he'll be fine and no one didn't want him to be the coach. That's just some pretend drama from the locals who have "a certain type of ideology" - the type that is pure fantasy.

McKinley will be fine and so will Coach spoon… it’s too early for yall to hit the panic button and turn on that man.
Haven't seen anyone hitting a panic button. Also haven't seen any McKinley fans say they don't support Coach Weatherspoon. While they said the team has plenty of room for improvement (consistent with my previous post), the few people I talked to who attended the Hoover and Dover games said they were pleased with the way the kids are responding to the coach....really pleased with the hustle and attitude.

As one can tell by looking at the stands. Say what you will about the old timers, they showed up. No one does now, and McKinley is incresingly irrelevant as an athletic program outside the borders of the City of Canton.

As for Coach Weatherspoon, he'll be fine and no one didn't want him to be the coach. That's just some pretend drama from the locals who have "a certain type of ideology" - the type that is pure fantasy.

Believe me, Sean and the community knows there are certain people who didn’t want him to be the coach and hope to see him fail. McKinley alum are all aware of the people who would rather see some others be the coaches at Mckinley. I liked the Q 92 interview with Raymar Morgan. He said a lot without saying much. The locals in and outside of Canton know the mindset of a dying ideology that was rooted in Canton at McKinley. Those days are over. Time to move on. Troy Taylor, Phil Hubbard, Mike Doss, Kenny Peterson, Ron stokes..,,, all of them know of the old dying mindset and the few people remaining with that mindset.

McKinley has completely fallen on hard times. I don’t even think they would be favored to win the small school leagues surrounding the federal league anymore.

McKinley has completely fallen on hard times. I don’t even think they would be favored to win the small school leagues surrounding the federal league anymore.
All McKinley's really good to great teams all had some big men which this has been lacking in the last decade or so. Other then that McKinley has been pretty good overall but you can't compete at the D1 level without one IMO but it will work itself out. JMO

I watched highlights of several games on CCSTV Bulldog Basketball for the first view of the team and see that they don’t have any BIG boys.They seem to play well together and gettin better every game,a good sign of the Spoon effect…BAM!

Reactions: Mck