Caitlin Clark

I don't follow women's college basketball at all, but the people I talk to who do tell me that the chick she did that to is a notorious chit talker (chick from Louisville). Against Texas, she had 1-2 opponents stop her in the handshake line and get in her face for acting like a d-head.

No issue at all with trash talking, but it's hilarious to me all of the folks running around playing the race card to excuse Reese acting like a d-head and being blatantly unsportsmanlike for 10-15 seconds while the clock is running out. Her action was many levels beyond the Clark one that's supposedly comparable. They aren't. She walked away from the Louisville chick and didn't chase her around the floor like the chick from LSU did to her.
Just like Larry Bird, Clark talks some serious smack. Granted she didn't get the W but she was the best player on the court so she let it fly and it boomeranged back when it didn't work out in her favor. I also think she didn't have an issue with it, who did have an issue is the casual fans that came over to watch the game because they were being sold a bill of goods that the women's game is a more pure traditional version of basketball when all they saw was basically the same thing the men do but minus dunks.

24 hours later a bigger deal to me still seems the way the game was called and the over sized impact that Kim Mulkey had on the game. The refs were clearly intimidated by her and you can see she has that swagger that gets a certain type of player to come to LSU. If it was LSU v South Carolina and the game was reffed that way there would have been a big time brawl afterwards with Mulkey v Staley as the main attraction.

Still waiting for the over night ratings on this thing. The various services I subscribe to have been late which usually means they were a lot bigger than expected and they want to verify before reporting. The semis were in the 4.5-5.0 million range which is very good for women's NCAA hoops, my guess is they land around 7ish million which is a very healthy figure in this day and age.

I don't follow women's college basketball at all, but the people I talk to who do tell me that the chick she did that to is a notorious chit talker (chick from Louisville). Against Texas, she had 1-2 opponents stop her in the handshake line and get in her face for acting like a d-head.

No issue at all with trash talking, but it's hilarious to me all of the folks running around playing the race card to excuse Reese acting like a d-head and being blatantly unsportsmanlike for 10-15 seconds while the clock is running out. Her action was many levels beyond the Clark one that's supposedly comparable. They aren't. She walked away from the Louisville chick and didn't chase her around the floor like the chick from LSU did to her.
She openly admitted she's thug. LOL! She's lucky she didn't foul out with all those elbows she was throwing. But Iowa is tough and didn't do any Hollywood moves like she did to get the foul or reviews. ROTFLMAO!

We all hang out in our various demographic pie slice. One thing is clear to me…Caitlin Clark got a lot of interest from old white men who used to play basketball. Many of my peers in this group mentioned her (to me) a few months back before she was a thing….

Speed (LSU) was more of a problem for Iowa than strength (SC). LSU also shot much better. I also think LSU benefitted greatly from watching Iowa take down SC, who clobbered LSU. That gets their players’ attention. I thought Morris did a terrific job on Clark…basically on her right shoulder wherever she went. And the “other” three on Iowa had almost no easy looks.

Basically, Clark needs 40 plus in these games. Mulkey seemed to take a simple approach…score, score, score…see if you can keep up. Iowa couldn’t.

And yes, poor reffing

LSU's title is a really good look at the affect of the transfer portal, NIL and it's going to get alot worse folks.
Not really. She stated she wanted to play in the SEC due to the conference having better post players and better preparing her for later in her career. Big black eye comment to make about the Big Ten.

Still waiting for the over night ratings on this thing. The various services I subscribe to have been late which usually means they were a lot bigger than expected and they want to verify before reporting. The semis were in the 4.5-5.0 million range which is very good for women's NCAA hoops, my guess is they land around 7ish million which is a very healthy figure in this day and age.
ESPN PR tweeted shortly ago that it was 9.9 million, and peaked at 12.6 million.

It's hilarious to me all the folks claiming race card called because it fits their narrative. No race card. Reese was an idiot but Clark opened the door and Reese entered. There's no f-in levels of unsportsman. Clark should have walked her away from the louisville player. Simple and end.

One thing Reese most definitely got right was the three🤣 she sent after lady biden suggested both LSU and Iowa should be invited to the Whitehouse. That's the most f-in slap in the face.

Last edited:

If you’re going to talk s**t in any capacity, be prepared to get it thrown right back at you.

It's hilarious to me all the folks claiming race card called because it fits their narrative. No race card. Reese was an idiot but Clark opened the door and Reese entered. There's no f-in levels of unsportsman. Clark should have walked her away from the louisville player. Simple and end.

One thing Reese most definitely got right was the three🤣 she sent after lady biden suggested both LSU and Iowa should be invited to the Whitehouse. That's the most f-in slap in the face.
To me, it wasn’t a matter of deserved or not. Reese’s conduct while the game was still running and shortly after made her look like garbage. Sinking to Clark’s level was bad enough but she had to take it levels lower. Make your point then go celebrate. Chasing Clark across the court while her own team was coming together was ridiculous. Casual observers that only watched the final had no idea that Clark “had it coming.” All they saw was a spectacle that made her and her school look really bad.

To me, it wasn’t a matter of deserved or not. Reese’s conduct while the game was still running and shortly after made her look like garbage. Sinking to Clark’s level was bad enough but she had to take it levels lower. Make your point then go celebrate. Chasing Clark across the court while her own team was coming together was ridiculous. Casual observers that only watched the final had no idea that Clark “had it coming.” All they saw was a spectacle that made her and her school look really bad.
Solid take.

If I were the coach of an all white team playing an all black team, and then three black refs appeared, I would take my team off the court. Three of Iowa's starters were fouled out; I don't believe any of the LSU's were. Then to top it off, the best player on the court was given a BS technical. I'm not saying that LSU would not have won as they were shooting the lights out. But it would have been a more interesting game if the refs hadn't put on a whistle show.
Ahh yes. The old "black people can't be impartial" line. Nothing racist about that 🙄, grand wizard.

Of course they can be impartial. I wonder what the reaction would have been to three white refs tho?
it's just saying doucism isn't genetic and cynicism is rampant. I'm waiting for Clark to be accused trying to be white savior for her comments saying no one should be attacking Reese. It's a no win world now.

yes you do and so does he. stop being obtuse. We know what media latches onto.
Who's being obtuse? Stop beating around the bush. Tell me what you believe the media would say if there were three white referees instead if three black ones

Who's being obtuse? Stop beating around the bush. Tell me what you believe the media would say if there were three white referees instead if three black ones
There would be a big claim of racism, biases.... No bushes being beaten. It's what gathers the clicks so even if it's a very small proportion making the claim, it will become the narrative. Who disagrees with that statement?

I want to know why LSU players throwing elbows didn't get any calls or warnings. That's what bugs me the most.

As if this situation couldn't get any more sideways...

As if this situation couldn't get any more sideways...

It's funny how so many want equity, equality and inclusion and everything the do and say is the exact opposite.

And at what point in our lives have we ever had people so disrespectful to the office of the President of the US? I mean I don't like, didn't vote for Joe Biden, but he's our President. There is a certain amount of respect that follows that. So sad that these young ladies are allowed to spew so much hate. A week ago, I didn't know who Angel Reese was, and today, I really don't want to know her.