Bob Huggins

cjb5656

He skated after the remarks about Xavier and he’s skated after many other incidents, but it looks like the old, bloated hillbilly might finally see the axe after his DUI in Pittsburgh.

Maybe Holtmann will jump to WVU?

Particularly considering that West Virginia has a 2nd year AD that I'm sure would like to make his mark with his own hires in the major sports...I have a hard time believing this isn't the last straw. He hasn't won enough the last few years to get to skate by.

1687023832201.png

! This article may lend undue weight to certain ideas, incidents or controversies.

An officer said Huggins was asked multiple times what city he was in but never got a response. A breath test determined Huggins’ blood alcohol content was 0.21%, more than twice the legal limit of 0.08% in Pennsylvania. A blood sample also was taken from Huggins at a hospital before his release.

It was Huggins’ second such arrest. The other occurred in 2004 when he was the head coach at Cincinnati.

In retrospect, it was probably a mistake to not resign (or on WVU’s part, to not push him out) after the idiocy on Bill Cunningham’s show. This is rooted less on the matter of “offensiveness” on those comments, and instead based on how reckless and irresponsible they were to make.

West Virginia can get somebody better than Holtmann.

This is a pretty good job once you get beyond Morgantown, WV, being a craphole. If they don't go the interim coach route, a lot of mid-major fence climbers and retreads trying to get back into major college basketball will be very interested in this position.

Good geographic location relative to talent, solid facilities, good NIL situation for hoops, rabid (if not insane) fanbase, and in the best basketball conference.

Bob obviously needs help with Alcoholism. His age he should probably Retire and seek the help he needs or just sit on his front porch and drink every day until he dies!

Bob obviously needs help with Alcoholism. His age he should probably Retire and seek the help he needs or just sit on his front porch and drink every day until he dies!
Maybe he becomes the color commentator for UC basketball. 🤔 I’d tune in every game if he was hired to do that! 😆

Hate to pile on, but….
I knew a radio sales rep who worked at the radio station (700?) that broadcasted his coach’s show at UC.
I quote:
“His entourage was worse than Pete Rose’s when he was running with gamblers.”
The guy’s a drunken pig.

I’ve heard stories about his behavior while in Cincy as well. My thing is, where is his wife? DUIs are terrible and the ones he’s had are horrendous. How many men on here would have their wife still if he’s been this way from day one? My wife would’ve taken me to the cleaner a while ago. He needs help, if not a driver and he can let the booze take him to an earlier grave.

The ole Yappi righteous are at it again. Where was UC bball at before Huggins - not to good he rebuilt the program. Nobody on Yappi has never done anything wrong but 1st time a coach mess up or has a drinking problem oh how terrible. When it comes to coaches as long as they don't cheat or break the law (I know DUI is against the law) I could care less what they do in their off time - only thing that matters in sports - WIN. This idea of coaches winning championships and also being saints while doing so is laughable.

The ole Yappi righteous are at it again. Where was UC bball at before Huggins - not to good he rebuilt the program. Nobody on Yappi has never done anything wrong but 1st time a coach mess up or has a drinking problem oh how terrible. When it comes to coaches as long as they don't cheat or break the law (I know DUI is against the law) I could care less what they do in their off time - only thing that matters in sports - WIN. This idea of coaches winning championships and also being saints while doing so is laughable.
Huggy is a repeat offender and an overall POS. I agree that I don’t require purity from coaches or players, as long as they aren’t complete turdz. Huggy is close enough. He’s not winning big anymore and his UC days were long ago.

He's always been like this. I have an older buddy that I used to coach with that I remember telling me he went to Huggins' first coaching clinic at UC. He gave away around 20 door prizes, and all of them were booze. That was almost 35 years ago.

I've been to his coaching clinic/open practice at WVU at a couple times. I believe he genuinely cares for his guys, but J F C it's incredible the language he periodically used when pissed while 100-150 people or more were observing.

I always figured he'd either die (from alcohol related issues) while still on the bench, or get fired in disgrace. Remember the Mike Rice (Rutgers) thing from several years ago?? WVU could have gotten rid of him just about whenever they wanted, if they wanted to, by doing the same thing releasing practice clips of his daily beratement and mother f bombs of players.

Like I said, Huggins is a great coach. He could not stay out of trouble, even in his early days here. He was a frequent visitor of Spooky Hollow Bar and the Loveland PD; too many ‘second chances’.

Huggy is a repeat offender and an overall POS. I agree that I don’t require purity from coaches or players, as long as they aren’t complete turdz. Huggy is close enough. He’s not winning big anymore and his UC days were long ago.
Just not a fan of today's robotic coaches and behavior that goes with it, ie Holtmann nice guy, clean living can't coach worth a damn. Give me the Woody's , Knight's, guys who did it their way and could care less who they offended. Today's fans are hypocrites - coach has to be a saint and win and win big. The John Wooden's are few and far between.

Until somebody gets killed.
UC actually won national championships before Slob Huggins arrived. But don't let facts get in the way.

He's always been like this. I have an older buddy that I used to coach with that I remember telling me he went to Huggins' first coaching clinic at UC. He gave away around 20 door prizes, and all of them were booze. That was almost 35 years ago.

I've been to his coaching clinic/open practice at WVU at a couple times. I believe he genuinely cares for his guys, but J F C it's incredible the language he periodically used when pissed while 100-150 people or more were observing.

I always figured he'd either die (from alcohol related issues) while still on the bench, or get fired in disgrace. Remember the Mike Rice (Rutgers) thing from several years ago?? WVU could have gotten rid of him just about whenever they wanted, if they wanted to, by doing the same thing releasing practice clips of his daily beratement and mother f bombs of players.
Huggins was giving away the booze but keeping all the beer😂😂😂

Just not a fan of today's robotic coaches and behavior that goes with it, ie Holtmann nice guy, clean living can't coach worth a damn. Give me the Woody's , Knight's, guys who did it their way and could care less who they offended. Today's fans are hypocrites - coach has to be a saint and win and win big. The John Wooden's are few and far between.

I don't much care about whether they have a pristine personal life. I care that people like him put the lives of others in peril, and that aggravation is multiplied when the person in question has the financial means and connections to avoid doing so.

I don't much care about whether they have a pristine personal life. I care that people like him put the lives of others in peril, and that aggravation is multiplied when the person in question has the financial means and connections to avoid doing so.
Out at major conference D1 school...literally just have driving him around be the primary job of somebody on staff.

Between support staff and graduate assistants you have probably 8-12 people, plus at least 5-6 student managers.

Out at major conference D1 school...literally just have driving him around be the primary job of somebody on staff.

Between support staff and graduate assistants you have probably 8-12 people, plus at least 5-6 student managers.
I wonder how often he just got driven home in Morgantown.