Big East split good for college hoops?

OhioBobcatFan06

I am pretty excited about the debut of this conference. I am a football fan but the rivalries didn't feel as intense in hoops recently as football really drove expansion. I think the Catholic split really is a game changer for college basketball. AAC should be solid as well but there really won't many nbe games that aren't highly compelling.

Yeah, why have Syracuse vs UCONN, Pitt, and Georgetown when we can get Butler and Creighton in the mix

The game atmospheres at Butler and Creighton are great. Hinkle Fieldhouse is a classic hoops venue. Watching Georgetown come in there will be awesome.

This is the 1st time in years a conference has actually made an effort to get a group of like-minded schools. UConn and Pitt are elite programs, but they are very different from Nova and Georgetown bc of football. I love throwing together "basketball only" schools. Gonna be intense.

This basketball only conference will become one of the best basketball conferences. I like the conference because of the basketball only, as well as being very solid academic schools. Most of the Big East schools have bright futures. Might take a few years, but they will eventually be fighting for some top recruits. Heck, Xavier has one of the top 10 recruiting classes for next year.

Big East looks very intriguing to me. It may get some of the feel of a less top-heavy ACC - another conference not known for football historically.

I don't see the AAC going anywhere after an initial bright year. I would expect UC to jump to a better conference within 3-4 years.

I think the AAC is better than people give it credit for in hoops.

Yeah, losing Louisville sucks... You still have 3 top level programs in UConn, UC and Memphis.
Temple is a strong program. Houston hasn't been as good as they once were but I think the potential is there for them to return to glory. Those 5 alone make a good conference.

The rest of the conference is solid. All of the remaining schools have potential. I also don't think the AAC is done expanding for sure. There are some schools they could add.

I also don't think UC is going anywhere. The ACC isn't going to come knocking and I think the Big 12 will look elsewhere.
I also don't think that is a bad thing for UC. Their football will do well here and being grouped with these schools should give them lots of hoops wins every year but also some good competition.

Big East looks very intriguing to me. It may get some of the feel of a less top-heavy ACC - another conference not known for football historically.

I don't see the AAC going anywhere after an initial bright year. I would expect UC to jump to a better conference within 3-4 years.

That would imply that bigger conferences want UC. They don't

Syracuse was going to leave the BE either way. So was ND and Louisville. The BE would not have had those programs no matter what. The "new" BE has many from the old BE but is replacing Temple, UC, UCONN, Houston and some other CUSA teams with Xavier, Butler, Creighton.

Xavier, Butler and Creighton haven't been "mid-majors" in anything more than name for awhile. Three very good programs. Top to bottom this conference is stacked. Going to be a fight to win it every year. I think they'll beat up on each other but still net a ton of bids come March.