Belichick out in NE

tom 48

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick is leaving the team, ending a decades long run that produced an unprecedented six Super Bowl victories, according to multiple reports.

I thought there was a good chance the Pats would go after Ryan Day if Bill hung it up but it’s almost a guarantee to be Vrabel

I thought there was a good chance the Pats would go after Ryan Day if Bill hung it up but it’s almost a guarantee to be Vrabel

NE has a worse roster than Tennessee, does Vrable want to be the guy to follow Bekichick & have to try & win with that talentless roster? There are reports NE assistant Jarod Mayo may be the next guy in NE.

Vrable is a very good friend of Tom Brady. Brady is now a minority owner of the Las Vegas Raiders and was at their facility this week. If the Raiders do not keep the intern HC Antonio Pierce, Vrable is a possibility there.

If your Steelers beloved HC Mike Tomlin decides to take a year off from coaching or wishes to coach elsewhere next year, Vrable would be a strong consideration in Pittsburgh.

Hard to predict who is going where because I don’t think these people/organizations know what they are doing yet.

Hearing some chatter that Kraft is going to promote one of the assistants, a couple guys are former HCs that Kraft could probably control.

I have a feeling this isn't it for Belichick (he's 15 wins short of Shula's record), but I have no idea where he goes. Yeah, he's one of the greatest coaches ever but will be 72 by opening kickoff next year. I would like to see him in LA with Herbert.

Maybe he says forget the record and just retires. Unless he has a great year he isn't getting 15 wins next year and so he will be 73 chasing it again.

1704995982074.png

Seems like the best open HC situation to win quickly is the Chargers.

You've got a franchise QB in place.

Alot to unpack here.
If your New England, you are at a point where you need to overhaul the roster anyway. Do you forgo the pound the ball/ defense philosophy and build another way? If that's the case, I don't know that an assistant or Mike Vrabel makes any sense. Then again, if you are still liking that system, then maybe you bring in Vrabel and just revamp the roster the best you can. As we've seen now, rebuilds in the NFL happen sometimes in as little as a season or two.

Amazing isn't it?

That 1995 Browns staff also included Jim Schwartz, Kirk Ferentz, Eric Mangini and Ozzie Newsome. Plus Belicheck and Saban.

I'm not sure there was ever a better coaching staff. The NFL and NCAA GOATS, and several other excellent football coaches.
Also, Pat Hill who had a mostly successful run at Fresno St. in the '00s.

The media already has Belichick taking over in Dallas.

Belichick and Jerry Jones, what could go wrong?
Apparently, he interviewed in Atlanta yesterday. Not sure that's a franchise I would be going to if I was Bill, but who knows.