Battle for Control of the U.S. Senate

People know the name. Brand recognition. I'll use the Kucinich example again. How on earth does this guy get 20% in a primary for mayor of Cleveland given his history? Infamy makes people do weird things.
Dennis is terrific at being Dennis. There is no one like him left, really. I disdain liberalism, but I will happily say that St Ignatius should be more proud of him as alumnus than of Charles and Larry Dolan.

Again, you don't know what you are talking about. You repeat a trope. Dennis loves Cleveland. NO ONE would have been a better choice as Mayor to get Cleveland right than the erstwhile boy Mayor. NOBODY. Just stop.

Remember when he called out Obama for sending a pallet of cash out of the Cleveland Fed ? I do. It ended his House career, over Marcy Kaptur, in the face of lost representation and redistricting downward due to the illegal alien theft of Congressional apportionment. In what universe does Toledo trump Cleveland ? Dennis was ashamed of the modern, anti-American Democrat.

Last edited:
How many people actually know Trump was found liable? It may be hard to believe but the public at large seems to have tuned the Trump circus out. I have noticed the dems are beginning to bring it to the forefront recently. It should be a potent issue for them.

The NY trial might be the least threat but it could also put him in prison. He’s not guaranteed bond before sentencing/appeal. Poor behavior in court could get him locked up. He’ll need to control himself and his mouth which is something he’s chronically not good at.

Trump is maxed out base wise in Ohio imo. At this point he’s a known commodity whom you either love or dispise.

Food for thought…

Franklin county (Columbus) is rapidly growing and getting bluer. It flexed its voting muscle for the first time in the special elections this past year. As it keeps growing it’s going to give the dems a major boost in state wide races. Futures bright for the Ohio dems statewide just not quite there yet.
If you want to shatter the record for black support of Republicans please lock up Trump.

I see it as voting for Moreno in spite of the Trump endorsement. There are many people who support the Moreno platform that want nothing whatsoever to do with Trump.

I will vote for Moreno in November.
His platform is Trumps platform....once again cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I don't think that was the point he was making. There are many who will vote for every Republican candidate except for Trump. He is saying that may not save Biden as the lead of Trump over Biden may be too great for the 8-15% of conservative voters who will not vote for Trump to matter.

I'm still thinking Biden is not who Trump will be facing come November.
How does another 4 years of Biden or any other progressive in office help conservatives?

This mindset is crazy to me. You don't like that the guy is brash, great...you are voting for policy.

Some of the not Trumpers’ will not vote for. Biden either … but those same people will vote for Brown … that is why the Brown/Moreno race will be close in Ohio and the Trump/Biden race will not … IMO
No conservative is voting for Brown so it's irrelevant.

I vote 99% GOP yeah real fake, hypocrite. Just because i don't support a lying, immorral, bag of crap named trump, I am not a Republican. Unlike you i am what I say I am die hard conservative and have no need for gov. unlike you who needs trumpy to protect you.
That you care about irrelevant nonsense is the problem.

You are on record as voting Moreno to protect you from the progressives so...

I see it as voting for Moreno in spite of the Trump endorsement. There are many people who support the Moreno platform that want nothing whatsoever to do with Trump.

I will vote for Moreno in November.
God raised up Pharoah to save Israel, through the near-fatal resentment of Joseph's own brothers. God raised up Nebuchadnezzar to punish the Jews and return them to faithfulness, in Israel.

God can make use of an obnoxious old orange sinner, too. Where is your faith ?

I did not vote this time. That is why I keep harping on early voting. If I wait until the day of, very often lifes work gets in the way.
Then it is not a priority to you which is a bit of an indictment.

No, I won't vote for Trump but will for Moreno, in spite of the fact Trump soiled him with his connection to him. I do not see myself ever voting for another Democrat unless progressivism is turned away, and large cities begin to heal.
Instead you'll facilitate a progressive in the WH to blunt the conservative agenda you claim to be for

I am a conservative; just not a fanatical one. Brown seems to me to be the lesser of two evils when compared to Moreno and never in a million years would I think that I would ever vote for Brown.
Instead you would facilitate a progressive remaining on the Banking Committee in the Senate to blunt the conservative agenda you claim to be for ?

You are in the right state, then. Enjoy California !

Again, you don't know what you are talking about. You repeat a trope. Dennis loves Cleveland. NO ONE would have been a better choice as Mayor to get Cleveland right than the erstwhile boy Mayor. NOBODY. Just stop.
You're frothing at the mouth, man. I voted for the guy for Governor. I'm just trying to be realistic.

Instead you would facilitate a progressive remaining on the Banking Committee in the Senate to blunt the conservative agenda you claim to be for ?

You are in the right state, then. Enjoy California !

I am for the USA; firm believer in the Constitution. I look long term and if I think voting for someone I disagree with is better for the country I will. I am not an idealogue.

I am for the USA; firm believer in the Constitution. I look long term and if I think voting for someone I disagree with is better for the country I will. I am not an idealogue.
Please explain how "Brown over Moreno" represents "the lesser evil" for a pro-US Constitutionalist that wants what is best for the country. You have left me confused. Sherrod Brown, lifelong Democrat politician, is a 71 yo 18 year Senator that has not spoken out one time about any of the Biden yit-show. Not one time, just a silent servant of the Party.

I see an extreme disconnect on your part, or simply a deflection - from perhaps one that wishes to see a more warhawk Senate, or a digital dollar and a more dominant Treasury ?

Last edited:
As if that makes you realistic?! Gov Dennis!?!?! lolol
Ok.

You're on a bizarre tangent because I said name recognition matters in political science. You're the guy screaming Kucinich should've been re-elected mayor of Cleveland despite having no chance.

Sorry I misplaced my vote? I didn't like Cordray and barely tolerated DeWine because I figured he'd get rid of the death penalty. Next time I simply won't vote to make you happy, apropros with you being a histrionic ex-liberal.

Ok.

You're on a bizarre tangent because I said name recognition matters in political science. You're the guy screaming Kucinich should've been re-elected mayor of Cleveland despite having no chance.

Sorry I misplaced my vote? I didn't like Cordray and barely tolerated DeWine because I figured he'd get rid of the death penalty. Next time I simply won't vote to make you happy, apropros with you being a histrionic ex-liberal.
Well no, actually, you said that you were amazed because Dennis Kucinich got 20% of the vote in a Cleveland Mayoral primary, due to "his track record". lol You evidently don't know his track record, merely some portion of a tired BS political narrative.

But, whatever.

edit: No "screaming", either. Dennis is vehemently against capital punishment, btw. Always has been so. A Man for Others.

Last edited:
Bernie Moreno or a wife beater with a degree in Russian Studies. Who are the libs voting for?
Sherrod wife-beater is from Mansfield, and he was presented his Eagle Scout badge by a Senator who was a former astronaut (the last Ohio Democrat that I could really be proud of), so it isn't like he didn't have a good start. German, Scottish, Irish and English, like me, too. Power corrupts.

Kind of funny that Sherrod has a brother called "Charlie Brown", and a wife that uses the last name "Schultz". Fitting that he's been made merely a cartoon of what he probably wanted to be when he began his political journey, simply by his silent loyalty to the Democrat party. Tulsi Gabbard has bigger balls than Sherrod Brown.

edit: I love how Clay Travis gets the name wrong on the radio, and calls him "Cher-Rod Brown".

Last edited:
How does another 4 years of Biden or any other progressive in office help conservatives?

This mindset is crazy to me. You don't like that the guy is brash, great...you are voting for policy.
Voting Biden back in is just going to make it that much harder, maybe impossible to turn things around. I don't know where the point of no return is and I sure hope we never find out.